What happens when you get called a cheater?

Sorry for two things. 1, if I put this in the wrong place. 2, for not bothering to read an earlier post about this (I'm assuming there'd have to have been one)

So yeah, really just the title question, what happens if you get labelled a cheater on this site? How do you find out? I'm not worried about being caught out or anything, as I've not cheated any trophies, but Jetpack Joyride Deluxe's 50 day trophy thing, it's a wee bit tedious on Vita but I can handle that but I know for a fact I wouldn't be on my PS3 in the require times to do it because it's something you need to do daily. Thinking about that, I thought of just setting the PS3's system clock ahead a day (whether or not the game would allow such a thing though, I don't know, I've heard it goes off PSN time anyway) but if I did something like that, as no one else has the 50 day trophy thing either, and I got called out on it, 1. would I be called a cheater? 2. what would happen?

Like, do I get kicked out of the leaderboards, do I get my profile straight up removed, do I just get mildly abused and then linked to the original thread about this topic that almost definitely exists?

Do I keep crying about Spider-Man 4's cancellation nearly 5 years after it happened? Find out next week.

• Like 1

I guess if someone views your profile and really looks at your trophies, there are options to report for suspicious trophies or cheating. I have seen some people's trophies where every trophy is unlocked in a matter of minutes. Like the first trophy is earned like say 4:00 and then the platinum is earned at 4:03. That seems weird, suspicious to me and i'm not sure how that happens. Like did they get a 100% save data file, load it on their profile and ding easy platinum. I'm not sure.

I'm working on a 50 day trophy too. The PS Home one but you can't mess with the date for that either. If i could it would be suspicious to earn a 50 day trophy and earn it before the 50 day time span.

BTW just checked your trophies. What's up with the Sly Cooper platinum earned in 9 minutes. CHEATER!!!

Does that happen with games that are on multiple platforms. Never really looked into that

Edited by EmmettXIV

I remember going for (and getting) the 50 day PS Home trophy, ended up using my slim PS3 because I really didn't want to needlessly turn my fat PS3 on every day for 50 in a row. Wasn't too bad though, started it up when I got home from school, loaded my apartment, went off to do something else. Good luck with your 50 day thing, hope you can stick it out to the end. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

If you're caught cheating then you're removed from the clean leaderboards, your overall rank won't appear on your profile or trophy card and in some cases you're removed from the fastest/earliest 100% completion lists.

Though you can remove any punishment and evidence of cheating if you hide the trophies you were caught cheating for. So to answer your question: nothing happens.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

Shit, big thing I left out, I was only interested because I've been meaning to and considering to upgrade my account to a premium one just because I use the website a lot and it's not really fair that I use AdBlock ontop of not payinganything.

What I really wanted to know, was if I was a premium member, would being a cheater get me kicked out? I really sound like I'm considering cheating, or have and am worried about being caught, but I'm just curious.

Say I was a premium member, then I got like 10 plats in a row in an hour, do I get given the finger and kicked out or?

Edit: Oh, that post that came up 3 secons before this post kind of clarifies my querie greatly, withdrawn. Cheers guys.

Edited by stoogebag

Shad has outlined what happens if you are reported and identified as a cheater. I don't believe that the site has time to go through each and every profile to look for cheaters, so they will investigate only if someone reports you.

Emmitt is incorrect regarding Sly. Autopops are not considered cheating (these are created by Sony's cross save feature, not illicit activity). Games like Motorstorm RC, Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper have ultra fast plats due to cross saves popping fully trophy sets on secondary consoles, and these games aren't used to identify cheaters.

Similarly, adjusting the system time to work through a trophy quicker is not cheating (and it won't work for Jetpack anyway). You are still performing the task. There are a number of games where adjusting the time settings can be used, so I wouldn't worry about that getting you flagged.

However, using hacked saves to autopop trophies on games you haven't played is going to get you reported.

If you haven't cheated, you won't get flagged.

• Like 3

Shit, big thing I left out, I was only interested because I've been meaning to and considering to upgrade my account to a premium one just because I use the website a lot and it's not really fair that I use AdBlock ontop of not payinganything.

You know you can turn adblock off for sites you want to support? I have it on all the time, but for this site and a few others I want to support the website so I turn it off for those ones.

Just to make it clear, like diskdox said things like changing the date won't count as cheating.

Many people changed the date to get one of the Batman trophies that required you to log on during certain holidays (Valentines, Christmas etc.).

It's also not considered cheating (not enough to remove you from leaderboards) if you use an in game glitch to acquire a trophy.

Some people might moan that you didn't get the trophy fairly but eh.

Again it's pretty common to see the item duplicate glitch was used in Demon's Souls.

I think it's not considered cheating because the glitch or whatever is still part of the game.

It's only considered hacking or cheating if you hack/edit your saves.

• Like 3

People on a different website message board were claiming to have all trophies being unlocked to a game they were not even playing. I think one reported he started playing Assassin's Creed unity and all trophies for Sounds and Shapes started unlocking. So his stats show his with first trophy at (example) 3:00p with platinum achieved at 3:03p. If it's a glitch cause by system firmware or other game related the i don't think it's cheating. The time example you put in, at least personally, i don't consider it cheating.

Thank you all for your informed replies. I'll go stop being a peasant and upgrade my account in a few minutes, hopefully the conversion to Australian dollars isn't too much more, if it's like 15 bucks or something that's cool.

You know you can turn adblock off for sites you want to support? I have it on all the time, but for this site and a few others I want to support the website so I turn it off for those ones.

I did know that, but I forgot, as most of the sites I use either have no ads, cram them down your throat, or have a membership option thing in leiu of ads. I'd ask if being a premium member disables ads on this site, but I'll find out for myself soon anyways.

• 1 month later...