Trouble Adding Funds to PSN Wallet

GaryHyphenJon

Since yesterday I have been trying to add funds from my credit card to my digital PSN wallet (I want to buy Tearaway) however, every time I try i'm told that "Currently unable to add funds to your account.  Please try again later."  I tried adding them from the Vita and was given error code 'NP-2244-2', the PS4 simply says I cant add funds at this time.

Is there a PSN problem in Europe that I don't know about, and is there a way I can fix this.  I've already tried signing out and back in again, and i've also deleted my credit card info and re-entered it.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Shouldn't be.  It's a pre-paid card, the PSN has let me use it for ages now and now its not letting me.

I've had this problem, many people have and it's nothing you can control sadly. Just try again at another time, sometimes it works next time I try other times I need to wait 2 days for it to work. 

Ok, thanks.  I'll try again in a couple of days.

Happened to me a few times. Usually sorts itself out after a week or so, in the mean time you can add a paypal account - that will work, or buy cards, but that is a bit of a pain in the ass.

DO NOT go in and change your credit card info - if it worked before it will work again, but changing your info aeven a few times in one day will delay the process of it working again, as you will be auto added to a 'fraud watch list' by the sony system for a few days or a week, and even their customer support cannot override that - its ridiculous i know, I've been there twice before!

You should buy cards instead, much easier and of course safer

exactly how is buying cards easier?

Happened to me a few times. Usually sorts itself out after a week or so, in the mean time you can add a paypal account - that will work, or buy cards, but that is a bit of a pain in the ass.

DO NOT go in and change your credit card info - if it worked before it will work again, but changing your info aeven a few times in one day will delay the process of it working again, as you will be auto added to a 'fraud watch list' by the sony system for a few days or a week, and even their customer support cannot override that - its ridiculous i know, I've been there twice before!

exactly how is buying cards easier?

if you add the codes to the website you will never experience any problems, and as for me who live close to a gaming store i can just walk over there whenever i feel like it and get a card, in case you live far away from a store and have to order your cards then of course using credit is easier but as you see in this post, using credit cards aren't always working perfect and as you may know people have gotten hacked, not saying it will happend again, but no one can be 100% sure that you won't get hacked

Sony have taken a lot of their payment processing network offline following the gop hack, maybe this is related in some way?

No this has been a problem for many many years - when it first happened to me I did a search online to find many playstation forums with 30 page threads about this issue. 

• Like 1

Another reason why this might happen is what happened to me a couple years ago. I'd come into a bit of cash over the holidays, so when I came home I started buying every Final Fantasy sequel I could manage to put on my new Vita. Two things happened after awhile. One, my bank called asking me if that was me making all those purchases on an online toy store, which is what PSN identifies itself to banks as. Two, PSN, like any good bartender, eventually decided I had had enough with the binge purchasing for one day, and cut me off for about 24 hours from adding funds to my wallet.

No this has been a problem for many many years - when it first happened to me I did a search online to find many playstation forums with 30 page threads about this issue. 

Ah ok, not something i'd heard of before so i just wondered if it could be affecting PSN/SEN as well as SPE.