PSN says my Credit Card Info is Incorrect - But it isn't

GaryHyphenJon

I've be having trouble over the past couple of days to add funds to my PSN wallet, originally I was told I was "unable to add funds at this time".  Now i'm told they're incorrect.  I checked the info and it was right but i'm still unable to add the funds.

I use a prepaid debit card to add funds and have been able to for a while now and have only recently been experiencing problems.

Is the fault of Sony or the credit card provider?

Same thing happened to me when my PSN+ was due to auto-renew. I just went to the store and bought PSN+ again as normal, and it went through, so I don't really know what to tell you.

Maybe your pre-pay is out of credit or the credit hasn't registered on the card yet if you've only updated it recently.

I'd also try completely deleting the card from your PSN account and putting it on again from scratch if you haven't already.

Hi. I think the problem is that your debit card has expired. Something similar happened to me and I didn't realise that. If that is the problem, your bank will mail you a new one anyway without you even asking. Please check that first before you contact your bank and Sony. You might feel silly if you find out that's the problem.

Edited by JiII-Valentine--