PS4 or Vita?

StormRacer872

I haven't played the PS4 version myself, but PS4 versions of indie games tend to be better than their Vita counterpart, but just barely. It really all comes down to whether or not you would like to play the game on a TV or if you would like a handheld version to play anywhere.

I played the PS3 version and even thought I love my Vita-chan, I believe Child of Light should be enjoyed on the big screen =)

(Btw, PS4 version is cross-buy with PS3 version while Vita is standalone iirc so that might also help you decide)

I think the cross-buy has pretty much sold me! I thought all version were separate purchases, so thanks for letting me know :) Maybe if I like it enough I'll also pick it up on Vita during a future sale, but for now, I'll probably be going with the console versions. Thanks for all the opinions, everyone!

I'm still waiting for this to go on ps+. :/

I, too, was hoping it would (and Valiant Hearts would also have been nice), but who knows when that'll be, if ever :/ So I just figured, "They're both cheap right now, may as well pick them up". Besides, if they do ever become PS+ games, I'll probably have beaten and fully enjoyed them by then, so it'll have been money well spent ^_^

I think the cross-buy has pretty much sold me! I thought all version were separate purchases, so thanks for letting me know :) Maybe if I like it enough I'll also pick it up on Vita during a future sale, but for now, I'll probably be going with the console versions. Thanks for all the opinions, everyone!

So it is cross-buy?  If so, I'll be picking it up as well. 

So it is cross-buy?  If so, I'll be picking it up as well. 

Well, in the store, PS4 and PS3 are listed separately, but some sites seem to say that the console versions are cross-buy, and that the Vita version is separate. Tell you what, I'll buy the game in the next couple of days on PS4, and I'll reply back on here to share whether or not the console versions are indeed cross-buy :)

Personally, I bought it for the Vita. I just prefer playing digital games on the go when given the choice...plus it frees up space on my PS3 backlog.

Funny, if I got it for PS4, it'd be freeing up space from my Vita backlog! PS Plus, I love ya, but deary me, I don't have a memory card large enough to hold all the games!

• Like 1

I've played all three, and they're all good. The only meaningful difference between the 3 is that the PS4 version has the best graphics out of the 3 (as if that matters), and the PS3 version has the worst controls out of the 3 because there's no Touch capability for controlling Igniculus. You can't really miss with any version though, it's a great game.