Please Help me what game should i get Wolfenstein the new order or Metro redux

swainey97

When given the choice between choosing the stealth approach or going in guns blazing, which do you usually pick? Wolfenstein is guns blazing, Metro is stealth. I'd say both are pretty much on par in terms of overall quality, though Metro is two games in one so there's probably more content for your money.

When given the choice between choosing the stealth approach or going in guns blazing, which do you usually pick? Wolfenstein is guns blazing, Metro is stealth. I'd say both are pretty much on par in terms of overall quality, though Metro is two games in one so there's probably more content for your money.

I disagree. I played pretty much the whole of Wolfenstein in stealth mode, but I started on Uber difficulty.

I haven't played Metro though.

I disagree. I played pretty much the whole of Wolfenstein in stealth mode, but I started on Uber difficulty.

True, both games allow both approaches, but Wolfenstein tends to do everything in a more "in your face" kinda style, whereas Metro is a bit more subtle. Maybe my comparison was a bit off, it would probably be better to say that Wolfenstein is AC/DC and Metro is Pink Floyd. Maybe i just suck at these kinda comparisons.

From someone who has played through both games all the way (I have the plats on both), you will not be disappointed by either.  I played Metro: Last Light on PS3 and enjoyed the game.  It had a pretty good story and a good variety of game flow and offered a good amount of suspense as you were playing through the dark sewers.  It also offers a much greater challenge on the harder modes than Wolf.  I played Wolfenstein on PS4, which obviously lends itself to a graphical advantage, but that aside, the gameplay was great, the story was a lot of fun, and it lended itself to a lot of action (if you choose to play that way).

Metro will give you two games to play, so if you want longevity and a bigger challenge on higher difficulties, go with this.

Wolf is a ton of fun and will never keep you bored, but you can play through the story and get all trophies in a long weekend, so if you want pure enjoyment at the expense of length, I would give this the nod.

Either way, have fun!

Both are great games.

Wolfenstein is shorter, more action packed, but still has a great story.

Metro is longer, has more variety and options, and has a great world and a decent story.

Metro seems like best value for money as it released as a cheaper price with two supposedly great games. I haven't played it though. I got Wolfenstein: The New Order, great story, a lot of fun, one of the best Single Player FPS I've played but it is relatively short.

I hate metro idk why...only played it a few hours. I prefer Wolfenstein better.

I love the books & the games are fun. I also love the stealth sections in Metro along with the story. You get two games within Metro Redux

True, both games allow both approaches, but Wolfenstein tends to do everything in a more "in your face" kinda style, whereas Metro is a bit more subtle. Maybe my comparison was a bit off, it would probably be better to say that Wolfenstein is AC/DC and Metro is Pink Floyd. Maybe i just suck at these kinda comparisons.

From someone who has played through both games all the way (I have the plats on both), you will not be disappointed by either.  I played Metro: Last Light on PS3 and enjoyed the game.  It had a pretty good story and a good variety of game flow and offered a good amount of suspense as you were playing through the dark sewers.  It also offers a much greater challenge on the harder modes than Wolf.  I played Wolfenstein on PS4, which obviously lends itself to a graphical advantage, but that aside, the gameplay was great, the story was a lot of fun, and it lended itself to a lot of action (if you choose to play that way).

Metro will give you two games to play, so if you want longevity and a bigger challenge on higher difficulties, go with this.

Wolf is a ton of fun and will never keep you bored, but you can play through the story and get all trophies in a long weekend, so if you want pure enjoyment at the expense of length, I would give this the nod.

Either way, have fun!

Thank you all for your opinion 

Ended up getting wolfenstein  :) i will pick up Metro Redux early next year 

Lets go get the wolfenstein Plat 

I have both and I think both are great!! Wolf is a good gun blazing game with big boss battles etc. You can take a stealth approach if you really want but what's the fun in that :) The platinum for this game is quite easy as well if you want a quick platinum trophy. On the other hand Metro is a good game with two games in one for £20!! Its stealth and shooter at the same time at the same time and is highly driven by a story. So its a hard decision but a good one to have a guess :D 

In all I've read I can see there all came across as Woflenstien as been a guns blazing game, it is as such as if you want to play that way but both games you can play stealthy or guns hot.

Really it comes down to what you enjoy, Metro has 2 great stories in one and Wolfenstien does have a great story as well.

All said and done I really enjoyed Metro a lot more, even though I've played the originals I played them both in redux and they were and enjoyable experience.

If you want trophies, redux has 2 lists of trophies so that's that, hope it helps :)