Trophy Hunters

Murfurfler

Which games do you focus on first? 

If I have multiple games in my backlog, I try to sequence my games based on their average game lengths and time to 100%. I want to complete the shorter games first and leave the longer ones for later. This helps to keep me motivated as well, because I will be able to visually see the trophy progress that I am making. Spending 100+ hours to see only 20 new trophies in a single long game versus spending 100+ hours for 50 trophies in multiple shorter games makes me feel like I've accomplished something. This is not taking difficulty into account, however; I will almost always go for a high difficulty platinum trophy regardless of how long it will take because I love challenging myself, and the satisfaction of finally achieving it is the best feeling there is.

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

Of the trophies that I currently don't have, most of them require either co-op play or online play, which I never really got around to doing because I don't have PS+. They're not difficult though, so I'd say maybe 2-3 weeks. Omega Quintet is a whole different story though... the grind is real.

What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

I'm currently waiting for IA/VT -colorful-, which is in transit and should be arriving either tomorrow or the day after.

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

I don't know how to provide any tips for this, because in my case, being a completionist is part of my personality. When I do something, I always want to do it to the fullest. I guess what I can say is: find something to motivate you if you're feeling burnt out; whether it is playing a different game or taking a break. In the end, we're playing a game, and if trophy hunting starts to feel like a chore and you're no longer having fun, then something has to change.

• Like 1

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

I don't know how to provide any tips for this, because in my case, being a completionist is part of my personality. When I do something, I always want to do it to the fullest. I guess what I can say is: find something to motivate you if you're feeling burnt out; whether it is playing a different game or taking a break. In the end, we're playing a game, and if trophy hunting starts to feel like a chore and you're no longer having fun, then something has to change.

The main advice I can provide is to have a few games to juggle when you are either doing a really tough platinum or a boring game.  I usually juggle a RPG with a shorter game... Makes it easier to complete rather than grind till you die of boredom (usually how RPG grinding ends up)

Could it have something to do with the 140 trophies you have hidden~

Uh...no...it's because I have played and plated three games and 100% another since I was first added to this list (Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Rocket League and Ether One. Sonic the Fighters). I have always had my free vita games hidden, if I had them unhidden I would still be in the 90+ tier.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX

My worst habit is not moving on from a game until it is 100% .I have done it recently for boosting reasons, but it is agonising seeing so many incomplete games on my list. I tend to form OCD when it comes to my trophy list haha.

I stick to one game on the vita and one on the ps4 until there done :P. Sometimes boring but it gets s**t done lol.

• 1 month later...

Uh...no...it's because I have played and plated three games and 100% another since I was first added to this list (Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Rocket League and Ether One. Sonic the Fighters). I have always had my free vita games hidden, if I had them unhidden I would still be in the 90+ tier.

You are not in the 90+ tier because you have 89%. Just because you reached 90+ does not mean that you should be in that category. As oooaznkid has said, I do not have the time to update this list daily or weekly.. but I try to update it when possible. Also, the fact that you have trophies hidden disqualifies you from staying on the list. I am not against you in hiding vita games, everyone have their own reasons of hiding trophies. I did not see that you hid trophies before, but since you do now, I will have to remove you from the list; I am really trying to follow rules that I have set here, 

Trophy list has been updated. All people who have trophy hidden were removed. 

One member to acknowledge in this update is:

Recently Promoted to +90%

killivincent.png

I forgot this thread existed. This is a dead thread. Since you arent able to update this ever just once a month it seems. would you like help in this matter? maybe if someone made a new thread and was able to update it more steady then you can, it that be ok/would you mind?

You can do whatever you want man! I think one a month update is more than enough. I am not trying to cover the whole PSN players.. only those who replied to this thread and followed rules. 

i don't usually go for 100% because that involves dlc which i generally refuse to buy, but i definitely go after platinums in every game i play

Added you to the list. Please make sure that you do not go lower than 70%.

Questions:
- Which games do you focus on first?
- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?
- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?
- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

1] I focus on the games that I find the most enjoyable, or the ones that I am interested, this could be due to various options as the game play, story, enjoyment, time restraints, etc.

2] I can't really give a definitive answer because there's no way of knowing, though a guestimate would be up to a month/ month and a half to some of the trophies being a biatch to get.

3] I have 3 options which I am undecided, the first would be Until Dawn as the game looks pretty good, Uncharted Trilogy (which Isn't currently out) as long as MP isn't included in the game as I suck ass at PVP or the Lego Jurassic World.

4] To make it a mandatory task for yourself to revisit any of your uncompleted games and complete the games which you enjoy the most, or in my case which isn't the most annoying to complete.

ZachBoardyHD.png

• 3 weeks later...
Questions
  1. - Which games do you focus on first?
  2. - How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?
  3. - What is the next game that you will be playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?
  4. - Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

Answers

1. I try to focus on platting good or harder games on PS3/4. I'll still go for easier ones, but the game itself has to be a good one. I try to avoid going for simple platinums from crappy games, like Hannah Montana, X-Blades, Blood Drive or Terminator Salvation. If a game is bad, I won't keep playing it, even if that does leave the game incomplete.

2. Several months at least, based on the length of some of these games and the large number of games I have currently started.

3. Unsure, possibly Fallout 4, Mad Max, Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition or Final Fantasy XV

4. My advice is as follows.

(1) Target fun/enjoyable games. Don't go for crappy or trophy whore games like X-Blades, Hannah Montana or Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. Having a platinum or a 100% trophy completion is great, especially if it's from a game you enjoyed. A crappy game you beat or platted is just gonna be a reminder, that you played a crappy/super-easy title.

(2) Mix-it-up Don't just focus on one game, especially if it's becoming a bit of a grind. Tag-in another title and play that for a bit. The only exception to this, is if the game has online trophies and servers will be closing soon, then I'd urge you to focus on that game, until the online portion of the trophy list is complete.

Questions:

- Which games do you focus on first?
- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?
- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?
- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

1. Usually i focus on finishing the Multiplayer trophies first, as a lot a people got screwed in the past with servers being shutdown, empty servers, etc.

Only play games that i enjoy either they're easy or hard plats, i don't have the time to grind a game that i don't like just to say i got another hard plat.

2. Maybe 1 month or so, don't have many games unfinished at the moment.

3. Probably Batman Arkham City and Dishonored on PS3, COD Black Ops 3, Killzone Shadow Fall and Metro Redux on PS4.

4. Got a rule that may be hard to follow for some people, stop buying new games until you finished old ones, if you only play games you enjoy it shouldn't be that hard to do as you'll always be playing a game you like, eventually you will get the ones you're missing... don't worry, they're not going anywhere  B)

• Like 1