Trophy Hunters

Murfurfler

1. I focus on games that are older or have online trophies on PS3, Vita or PS4 that I like. I always get dlc's for any game that has it for the full 100%.

2. It will take around 5-10 years maybe but I do have a game that is impossible to platinum and that is Battlefield Bad Company. Besides that I always never quit on my games even if it's difficult.

3. Not really sure, anything that I find interesting.

4. Only play games that you really want to play and get as much of your games with online trophies done. I only focus on playing good games so I don't play for easy trophies. As for trophies some can be annoying or be a pain but I will not get myself frustrated or hate a game based on the trophies. I can play games with or without trophies with no problems. Any game I enjoy, the platinum I always end up earning them. 

Edited by J2V_89

Questions:

- Which games do you focus on first?
Whatever game I'm enjoying the most at the time. 

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?
I'd say about a year...depends on what game I want to finish first

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?
I'll see what I feel like at the time, maybe go back to Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?
not really... I tend to OCD on some games though....like KH2 for example

Hi. I rarely go for trophies past the platinum but there is some games I'll play that doesn't have a platinum. In terms of games its generally ones I like especially RPG but every now and then I'll play and an easy to get me going mixed in with a more challenging one here and there. I'm a collector so how I look at my trophy list is like how I look at any of my collections and always wanting to expand and make it look bigger and better. For series (especially trilogies) I like to platinum or beat the first one first then go on to another series and keep alternating so I'm not playing almost the same game back to back xD. That's it and hopefully I did this post right

I play what ever I feel like playing next, If I am aware of a server closure of some sort I will put the game on higher priority or if I hear about a game breaking glitch I will put it on hold till I hear it is fixed. (I'm doing that atm with GTAV)

Impossible as I have a few unobtainables. But putting them aside I would say at least a year. 

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?
Some games on my profile I will never finish I either simply don't enjoy playing them, don't own them anymore or they are unobtainable. But like answer to question 1. I play whatever I feel like playing next:)

I'm trying to keep mine above 70%+.  My strategies for that is to not play too many games at a time. I usually play no more than 2 games at a time so I will just focus on those until I get 100%. 

You could also go back and finish off some older games if you want or you could buy some DLC of games you have completed but not 100% as every trophy counts!

Which games do you focus on first?

Usually I will focus on only one game at a time, depend on how many games I like to play in one month. I primarily play games which belong to these three categories:

1. survival horror.

2. Japanese RPG or action adventures (anime style).

3. Certain franchises I fell in love with: Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Persona, Grand Theft Auto, God of War.

If the new game I am going to play is none of those categories, I will make sure all trophies in those games are not impossible to obtain which means for online trophies, the server must be still alive and for offline trophies there is no ridiculous glitch or bug prevent me to get the trophy. The research i will perform on those games dont take too much time. I just need two infos. There are: For online trophy, is the server still available? Is there any serious glitch for certain trophy?

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

I always try to get all trophies whenever I have free time to play. If the game has offline trophy only, it usually take less than a month. The game with online trophy will usually take more than 2 months to platinum based on my experience.

What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

If there is no remarkable "three main categories" games coming out, I will pick short adventure games with no online trophy as my easy target. Alice Madness Returns, Okami, Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us are on my "easy victim" list for February 2015. For March 2015 until the end of this year, Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Persona 5 will definitely on the list.

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

My tactic is simple. Divide and conquer. Just focus one game at a time and move on to other games once you 100% or platinum it. Dont just happily registering any new games into your profile if you dont really want to beat them. If you beat the game, usually you will get more than 50% progression even if you dont really "study" their trophy list.

Edited by Shazarul1985

It depends on my mood, sometimes I'm the mood for an RPG, sometimes a fighting game. There's no particular genre that I play first but I'm trying to avoid starting anything too grindy atm due to college, so I'll be sticking to short and easy games until I have more free time.

I recently launched a few games on a whim, most of them are RPGs so I'm not even sure when I'll finish them. It would probably take at least 200+ hours to complete them all.

Probably Resident Evil 6, The Dead Space trilogy, Mass Effect Trilogy or Final Fantasy trilogy. I'm not too sure at the moment.

Play one game at a time and try not to overwhelm yourself and complete whatever you're playing first before starting a new game.

• Like 2

Games with minimal or no missable trophies (e.g., multiple playthroughs). Having a family and full time job/part time school hinders the amount of time I can play, and nothing is worse playing through a game multiple times with limited time.

A year at least. Zen Pinball 2 is extremely skill based so I'm not even sure if I'll ever complete it.

My tastes change quite a bit, but Batman: Arkham Knight will be my one of my rewards this year.

Play games you like. I'd rather chore through an extremely hard game like Dark Souls then playthrough a cheap, poorly made game like Deadpool or Thief.

I

Edited by rotoninja

Games with minimal or no missable trophies (e.g., multiple playthroughs). Having a family and full time job/part time school hinders the amount of time I can play, and nothing is worse playing through a game multiple times with limited time.

A year at least. Zen Pinball 2 is extremely skill based so I'm not even sure if I'll ever complete it.

My tastes change quite a bit, but Batman: Arkham Knight will be my one of my rewards this year.

Play games you like. I'd rather chore through an extremely hard game like Dark Souls then playthrough a cheap, poorly made game like Deadpool or Thief.

I

You are in. and btw, that zen pinball game has sooo many dlc's.. dam!

Interesting topic, I'm not the only one who feel these annoying urges! Although it would be sweet to have 100% I don't feel like I want to buy every DLC or support developers' greed. Thankfully there are Platinums which are more than enough confirmation of completion for me (glad I'm not on Xbox or I'd have no choice but to 100%). I do complete every game without a plat, however. As for trying games out on a different account beforehand, I do not. I just use the option of hiding games I haven't really devoted my time to.

I do not play games solely for trophies, they have to be entertaining as well, and preferably quite respectable. I rather die than having Hannah Montana or Puss in Boots in my trophy list, that just looks embarrassing. Games that are long are extra satisfying, to look in your list and spot one of the more time consuming ones; difficult or not, time consuming ones are worse!

Interesting topic, I'm not the only one who feel these annoying urges! Although it would be sweet to have 100% I don't feel like I want to buy every DLC or support developers' greed. Thankfully there are Platinums which are more than enough confirmation of completion for me (glad I'm not on Xbox or I'd have no choice but to 100%). I do complete every game without a plat, however. As for trying games out on a different account beforehand, I do not. I just use the option of hiding games I haven't really devoted my time to.

I do not play games solely for trophies, they have to be entertaining as well, and preferably quite respectable. I rather die than having Hannah Montana or Puss in Boots in my trophy list, that just looks embarrassing. Games that are long are extra satisfying, to look in your list and spot one of the more time consuming ones; difficult or not, time consuming ones are worse!

because of the hidden trophies, I will not be able to add you to the list. However, good luck with your trophy hunting!

I'm no where near some of you all, but I've experienced similar symptoms recently just trying to raise my completion rate.

Questions:

1. Which games do you focus on first?

Usually I have a list of games that I'm close to platting or completing and I will start with those.  They usually consist of multiple genres and I play what I feel like playing.
2. How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

A long time.  I try not to think about that though and just take one at a time.
3. What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

Dangan Ronpa 2.  Good game with an annoying grind.  It has taken me some time to come back around but I plan on 100%ing it this week.
4. Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

To maintain your completion rate just complete one game when you plan on starting a game.  That way you have a better rate before the new trophies hit your profile and you will maintain somewhat of the same completion percentage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of funny coming across this thread at this time.

At the moment, I've started popping in old games with 1-10% completion to up my percentile.

Hit the plat on lightning returns, then all but PvP on Two worlds 2, and now working on Drakengard 3, then found this forum thread.

The games I focus on first, would be the ones that sound or look most enjoyable. Even if not trying to boost completion rate.

It would take several months to complete all the remaining trophies I'm missing, But glitched, dead servers and other unobtainable trophies ruin my chance at 100%.

Best tip I would have on completion rate maintenance would simply be to start working on the lowest trophy earned percentage games on your list.

Your more likely to unlock more trophies per day on a 15% completed game, than a 80% one with the grindy/difficult ones remaining after all.

Kind of funny coming across this thread at this time.

At the moment, I've started popping in old games with 1-10% completion to up my percentile.

Hit the plat on lightning returns, then all but PvP on Two worlds 2, and now working on Drakengard 3, then found this forum thread.

The games I focus on first, would be the ones that sound or look most enjoyable. Even if not trying to boost completion rate.

It would take several months to complete all the remaining trophies I'm missing, But glitched, dead servers and other unobtainable trophies ruin my chance at 100%.

Best tip I would have on completion rate maintenance would simply be to start working on the lowest trophy earned percentage games on your list.

Your more likely to unlock more trophies per day on a 15% completed game, than a 80% one with the grindy/difficult ones remaining after all.

You are in!

1) I focus either on games I'm enjoying most at that moment in time, or games that I'm particularly close to the platinum in.

2) Fuck if I know. Uncharted 3's remaining trophies could take anywhere between 30 minutes and 3,000 days. Max Payne 3's platinum is about three hours, but I'm not arsed with it at all to be honest. 

3) I haven't made any plans really. I'm just trying to get my money's worth by finishing all my games to 100% before I shell out on a PS4. The only game on PS4 that has really arrested my attention is Alien: Isolation, so that might be first. 

4) I think that should go without saying: Play less new games and finish more old games - duh. 

FAR CRY 2!!!!

Questions:

- Which games do you focus on first? I typically work on games I have already played. I like completing the series of a game, like version 1, 2 and 3 of a trilogy or so. Mass Effect is a good example. I sometimes get a gamefly subscription where I try to finish my gamefly games as quick as possible and then go back to the regular game I have been playing.

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now? I would say that being realistic, it would probably take me a couple years to complete all the trophies I have left at this time, and that is if I don't play anything new.

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile? By that time I will hopefully own a PS4 and I will play some of the exclusive games on there.

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate? Always complete new games when you play them. I have in the past had a bad habit of playing games, beating the story and then playing a different game without going back to finish up the random other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to agree with this ... I got burned really bad with Uncharted 3 (for example)... Since then I typically wait till all DLCs for a game are released before I start on it (to get it on sale and since my backlog is so damn huge)

- Which games do you focus on first? I focus on games that are the most fun, and/or shortest to 100% completion.

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?  Gotham Imposters had it's servers shut down so I will never complete all trophies on my list unfortunately.
- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?  I'm looking forward to Hotline Miami 2 and Tales from the Borderlands
- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?  I tend to buy games in packs.  Right now my profile is at 80 games, and my average completion is in the high 80s.  The highest my completion percentage has ever been was 90%.  That was at 72 games.  So basically my focus is to get the last 8 games I purchased to at least 90%.  Once I do that, I revisit some past games and try to get a few trophies on those.  This allows me to add new games to my profile without reducing my completion percentage and gradually raising my completion percentage over time.