Guess the Video Game Music Quiz

MMDE

Okay. I'm going to give some hints.

1.Cartoonish strategy game

2.SNES RPG

3.DS sequel to old arcade classic from Taito.

4.Flight Combat game

5.Point And Click game on DS

7.DS point and click game that had a very different names on EU and America.

8.Horror game

9.PS2 platformer

10.Musical RPG

11.Before chemists they were ???

12.Horror gmae

13.Dinosaur game

14.Final Fantasy game

15.Xbox game

16.The first game was on the Wii

17.PS2 action platformer

18.RPG on PS2

19.PS3 game

20.PS3 game

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

2. Urgh, never mind... I thought I had it, and it really does sound like Chrono Trigger with that clock sound, but that was what was missing... hmm

3. Is definitely The Legend of Kage 2 - The Castle of the Beautiful Night

10: Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - Fear

For 11, probably an Atelier game, but there's tons of em! :P

14. It's not really a Final Fantasy game, it's Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles game. Oh well...

The first game in the series had such a beautiful and great soundtrack, and you chose a track from Ring of Fates :(

FFCC:RoF - RoF Medley

Edited by MMDE

• 2 months later...

Seeing as this is going nowhere, I might put up a new one, if anyone is interested? :o

If anyone is interested in making and posting one, go ahead as long as nobody has posted a new one already! I personally prefer if you pick a lot of tracks for the quiz that you actually really like. Not too obscure, it's not always that easy to guess.

Also, if there is anyone who want to pick like a theme of some sort for my new quiz, then please do tell me! :) By theme I mean things like platformer games, or PS3 games etc, RPGs etc etc, fantasy, last boss or boss etc etc etc. :P

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...

It's wasn't main FF game but it was still a FF game nonetheless. I didn't pick tracks from the GC game because i never played it. The DS game is crap but i like that track from it.

If you still want to make a new one then  make RPG themed.

It's wasn't main FF game but it was still a FF game nonetheless. I didn't pick tracks from the GC game because i never played it. The DS game is crap but i like that track from it.

If you still want to make a new one then  make RPG themed.

Yeah, my next one will be RPG themed. :> Pretty far into making another one, just been away for a week, and before that I was busy planning that trip and before that there was exams etc. xD

Maybe I will try to get it up today or tomorrow or something. :)

• Like 1

I've picked the tracks and started working on putting together the video. 38 tracks!! Difficulty? Eh, not that hard to be honest, especially not when the theme has been figured out. I've tried to make it all pretty good stuff. Might be posting later today, just takes a while to select length and portion of each track etc and put it all together. I'm doing it while playing Life is Strange, which wiped all my trophies half-way through when the game froze during the time a trophy unlocked, and the game has frozen several times more while playing. This is of course the PS3 version, and not the PS4 version that ran well for the most parts. xD

CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO QUIZ!

Guess the games the soundtracks are from. If you can tell me the name of the song/track as well you will get (an) extra point(s). There is also a secret theme you can try to guess. Sorry for using vimeo instead of youtube. Please don't edit your post a lot, if there is any confusion I'm going to go after the last timestamp. I've also tried to make the songs enjoyable to listen to, sorry if anyone thinks they are too long.

• You get 3 points for guessing the correct game.
  • You get 3 points for guessing the correct track.
  • You will earn 1 point less for each of the following that is true:
    • Someone has guessed the secret theme.
    • I have given some kind of official hint about the game, for example what console it is on.
    • Guessing the secret theme correctly is only awarded by 1 point, so it might be smart not to guess it straight away even if you know it. I would say it's wiser to keep it to yourself and gain more points from guessing the other games.

Pretty sure all of the tracks can be found on youtube. I will be giving hints at random times, but not before 24 hours have passed.

Enjoy and have fun!

Results:
#01: Final Fantasy Tactics - ? (jasondm300 +2)
#03: Great first game in a series that is still going strong, while this was a Sony game, the sequels are currently being released on Nintendo consoles.
#05: Game goes by two different names, a handheld game, and the second in the series. Soundtrack credited to two great composers.
#06: MMORPG and a main entry in the company's main series. It has trophies. The track is from 1.0 version of the game.
#07: Kingdom Hearts 2 - Deep Drive (madbuk +6)
#08: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - ? (jasondm300 +2)
#10: Another game that goes by two different names, and this is a sequel, and the soundtrack for this game is credited to three composers.
#11: Front Mission - Manifold Irons (Winkuru +4)
#13: Vagrant Story - ? (Winkuru +2)
#15: Secret of Evermore - ? (Winkuru +2)
#16: Often considered an odd one in the series for it's battle system, but it introduced bigger/multiple character parties. More than one main character permanently dies in this game.
#22: Romancing SaGa 2 - ? (Winkuru +2)
#24: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope - ? (BuTTBR41N +1)
#26: First game in the series to be released outside Japan in a while and it was released on a Sony console.
#27: This game recently had a remaster release with trophies. Divine in name.
#30: This game was completely remastered from scratch for the PS2. A rerelease of the sequel has trophies on Vita and PS4.
#32: Originally not released in the west, but has now gotten remake releases in the west, part of a very known series. Track is from the re-releases.
#33: Legend of Mana - Nostalgic Song (jasondm300 +4)
#34: Final Fantasy IX - ? (Psy-Tychist +1)
#36: Final Fantasy V - Fate in Haze (Winkuru +6)
#37: Final Fantasy XI - (jasondm300 +2)
#38: First game in a long game series, and by one of Square's most famous composers.
#SecretTheme: (J)RPGs by Square (Soft/Enix) (DrHambone +1)

This Round's Leaderboard:
:platinum: Winkuru +48
:gold: DrHambone +19
:silver: madbuk +12
:bronze: jasondm300 +10
:hidden: BuTTBR41N +9
SteelFreaxx +4
Neku-tan +4
NekoSlash +4
Ric +4
Psy-Tychist +1

MMDE's Total Leaderboard:
:platinum: Winkuru +80
:gold: Ric +20
:silver: DrHambone +19
:bronze: soultaker655 +15

:hidden: Mbm +18

SteelFreaxx +17

Meacham93 +12

madbuk +12

jasondm300 +10

BuTTBR41N +9

Death +8

Neptune2 +8

jem12345 +6

Inc +6

Ragowit +6

TheFinalEmblem +4

PlutiaCPU +4

SteelFreaxx +4

OJ9999vr +4

The Duck King +4

Neku-tan +4

NekoSlash +4

Arsenalforever86 +2

DarKNesS_X +1

Psy-Tychist +1

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

#2: FFVII -Cosmo Canyon

I know that one for sure... the otehrs are just guesses I'll edit and post later :P

#02: Correct game, but not the correct track, still close! :P +3 points

#7 - Kingdom Hearts 2

#07: Correct game! +3

#19: definitely FFVII but don't know the name :P

#20: Chrono Cross - world map theme?

#8: Golden Sun?

#08: Nope! ;p

#19: But it's not FFVII! ;p

#20: Chrono Cross is correct, and you can have it for knowing it was the overworld theme too, pretty sure it is! :) +6

Edited by MMDE

4. Man. It can be a bitch to remember what track is from what FF game. Quick way to find this would be booting up the rhythm game on the 3DS :D

9.Searchign For Friends FF6

Yeah, I've tried to make it a bit more confusing with those FF tracks, too easy otherwise. :)

#09: Correct! +6

#19 FF8 or FF9? If it isn't either of the two then idk :P unless it's an older or newer FF game that remade the song.

#19: Haha, nope. You're close though! :)

• Like 1