Possible solution to unlock glitched trophies

Ryoudji

Original post

It worked exactly like he said, an in-depth method:

> upload your data and delete it when finished;

> restart the game and download it for the first time;

> repeat step 1;

> sync for the 2nd time, unlock your trophies.

It unlocked everything that glitched on my 1st save (Golden God, A Quarter, The Chest and others), which means I didn't had to make a new save/run to get specific trophies, and probably you won't have to if you happened to glitch some.

I spent some time with a new save grinding mom's kills ("A Quarter" to be specific), even though I killed her 8 times, and I reloaded the save before the 8th boss fight, the trophy wouldn't unlock no matter what, but this method seems to fix everything that glitched in your main save.

It's still better to avoid glitching them at all though, by syncing your data one or two rooms before the trophy trigger/event. But in my case, no matter how many times I synced, they would never unlock. It's also worth mentioning that certain players had it unlocked after 2 or 3 days (it also wasn't my case). If everything failed for you, then give this method a shot.

Not sure if it was already posted here, but just wanted to share a solution to my frustration with this game, I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

I tried and it works for me. If someone need any proof, go see my trophies and order theme by date. Bloody Lust, The Razor and Eve's Bird Foot popped at the same time. Thanks for this hint :)

I cannot, for the life of me, get Platinum God, The Real Platinum God, and the platinum trophy to pop. I have an in-game save uploaded in the state where all I need to do is input a seed to get my final item, the D4. I've redownloaded my save and picked up the D4 20+ times. The correct in-game secrets pop, yet no trophies. I've tried deleting the game from my PS4 and redownloading it; I've tried to play with uploading/downloading save files through PS+ rather than the in-game system, and nothing. Even with this method I haven't had success getting them to pop. Does anyone know something I haven't tried? It's so frustrating being so close to the platinum and not being able to get it.   

* "This method" being the one posted. ^^

Edited by RewindTheGamer

I cannot, for the life of me, get Platinum God, The Real Platinum God, and the platinum trophy to pop. I have an in-game save uploaded in the state where all I need to do is input a seed to get my final item, the D4. I've redownloaded my save and picked up the D4 20+ times. The correct in-game secrets pop, yet no trophies. I've tried deleting the game from my PS4 and redownloading it, trying to play with uploading/downloading save files through PS+, and nothing. Even with this method I haven't had success getting them to pop. Does anyone know something I haven't tried? It's so frustrating being so close to the platinum and not being able to get it.   

* "This method" being the one posted. ^^

Do you have a Vita? Wouldnt it be possible to just cross save the PS4´s data to the Vita and finish the last recuirements there? I mean the Vita recieved a Patch and trophies should work just fine on the handheld.

skidmarkgn: When playing The Binding of Isaac, on the main screen where you select your save slot there are two options below the three available save slots they are a delete and sync button. The sync button uploads your save to the cloud and allows you to then redownload it later or download your progress to the Vita.

This method of forcing the trophies to pop hasn't worked for me and I am now debating starting anew. I had the first 52 no problem and then they just stopped popping.

Edited by Senor_T_Dub

skidmarkgn: When playing The Binding of Isaac, on the main screen where you select your save slot there are two options below the three available save slots they are a delete and sync button. The sync button uploads your save to the cloud and allows you to then redownload it later or download your progress to the Vita.

This method of forcing the trophies to pop hasn't worked for me and I am now debating starting anew. I had the first 52 no problem and then they just stopped popping.

Thanks T Dub  :highfive:

Sounds like all that's required is hitting synch, then delete, exit the game, restart and synch then?

Update:  tried it 5 times and not a single glitched trophy (I have 7 so far that didn't pop when they should have) popped, looks like they're forever stuck in the void for this guy.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Do you have a Vita? Wouldnt it be possible to just cross save the PS4´s data to the Vita and finish the last recuirements there? I mean the Vita recieved a Patch and trophies should work just fine on the handheld.

No, I don't have a Vita. I'm pretty sure I'm stuck until they put out another patch :/

Damn, doesn't seems to be working for me. :/ I'll keep trying though. Most likely I'm gonna have to wait for a new patch or something though.

EDIT: I tried several methods for the PS4 version, and none of them have worked out for me. I even deleted the game and re-installed it, and synched my save file, but that did nothing for me. So currently, I have 2 glitched trophies. I guess I'll have to wait for a patch, or figure out something else. That, or I'll have to start from scratch, I guess.

Edited by jack21_98

Update... I just got the platinum! Left the game alone for a couple days and when I picked up the D4 for the first time the trophies popped. What a relief. 

Did you already earned the platinum before playing again, even though the trophies glitched out? If so, glad that your trophies popped! I guess I'll do the same, and play other games while I wait to see if the game's trophies pop up for me once I start it up again in a few days from now. So the trophies popped for you once you booted up the game? Or you do anything specific to trigger he trophies to pop up?

Did you already earned the platinum before playing again, even though the trophies glitched out? If so, glad that your trophies popped! I guess I'll do the same, and play other games while I wait to see if the game's trophies pop up for me once I start it up again in a few days from now. So the trophies popped for you once you booted up the game? Or you do anything specific to trigger he trophies to pop up?

I didn't do anything special or out of the ordinary, just picked up my last item again (something that hadn't worked 20+ times before) and this time they popped when the Platinum God secrets showed up in-game. Think I just got a little lucky, I 100% thought I would be stuck until a new patch. Glad I was wrong about that.

• Like 1

So, this worked for me like 2 or 3 times in Dec. Then today I got "Isaac's Heart" achievement and it didn't unlock the corresponding trophy. After that I tried this method and it just won't work. Tried deleting my save, deleting the game from the HD... Anyone got any ideas on what to do? Maybe try this method on an unpatched game?

Edited by ShinMechaSeph
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had already collected all the items and secrets but when I beat Mega Satan for ending 16, Platinum God, Real Platinum God, and the Platinum Trophy didn't pop for me. I closed the game and restarted and watched the intro movie, once it got to the title screen all 3 popped. Best of luck!

• 4 months later...

So, this worked for me like 2 or 3 times in Dec. Then today I got "Isaac's Heart" achievement and it didn't unlock the corresponding trophy. After that I tried this method and it just won't work. Tried deleting my save, deleting the game from the HD... Anyone got any ideas on what to do? Maybe try this method on an unpatched game?

Yo man. If this hasn't been sorted by now (I know it's been some time) try going in to the items and secrets page in the menu's, that unlocked one or two of my trophy's (after doing the hole "solution")

Try going into the secrets and items after doing the hole solution.. that made some of my trophies pop if that hasn't been sorted yet. (I know it's been some time now)

I also have no idea why it just duplicated what I just said... ha.

Edited by Crazy_Legs_James

Been just about forever since playing this game.  Hoping that maybe a patch or something came out I fired it up again and tried the method several more times only to indulge in a heaping helping of big fat failure for it.  Think I might know why though.  The game data seems to be un-deleteable.  Here's what is happening to me.  I delete the data in the in-game menu.  Then I close the game entirely and delete the saved data from system storage.  I even deleted the damn data from online storage (backed it up onto a thumb drive).  Then I started the game and immediately went to the XMB and back into storage data and BAM, there it is.  I never chose to re-download it in the in-game menu, the data just miraculously shows up.  It's an unending circle.  I can't delete the data without closing the game and every time the game starts the data appears out of thin air, which causes me to have to close the game to delete it, which... well, you get it.  Any tips?

Edit - like Crazy Lags stated above, just go into the items, secrets, endings menus and that's when they may pop.  That was the final thing that actually worked for me.

Edited by skidmarkgn

• 2 months later...

Guys, I had this problem for a few days and tried everything you guys mentioned to try and solve but with no luck.

Yesterday, I wanted to show the game introduction (where the narrator tells the story of Isaac and his mother) to a friend of mine. After the narrator stopped talking, the trophies popped-up!!

Not sure if this will work for everyone but it's worth a try!