Playstation 2, the Legend

FurryMcMemes

Yeah, PS2 was great. You know a good system when you still have 4 of them spread in 2 different houses.

My favourite has to be Dark Cloud 1 and Dark Cloud 2. The game was just an amazing RPG and they just sucked you in with the amount of things you can do. I'm pretty sure I've only ever finished each game once, at 100% at that. Obvious ones I loved were Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, the Sly series, the Ratchet and Clank Series and the Ico series.

Racing games back then were a big part of my library and my favourite would have to be NFS:U2. It was just awesome in the level of game play. NFS:Most Wanted still hold something in my heart, being the first video game I ever introduced to my youngest brother and it was the first game he ever beat by himself, at the age of 7.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved my PS2, i still remember the Christmas i got it, sitting in the bottom of a massive christmas bag almost the same height as me, and my face.... :awesome: I still have it at the bottom of my wardrobe :') (i'm staring at the word wardrobe so much it doesn't seem like a real word anymore hmm)

Back then i didn't really know much about what games would be good or what to get, just knew i loved them, so I never got to play many of the great games everyone is mentioning, that's why i'm so gald we have HD collections now :wub:

I do remember a few I really enjoyed:

Dark Cloud - love the music in that game so much

Final Fantasy X

Devil May Cry

Tomb Raider games

.... plus heaps more i can't remember and probably traded in ages ago

To be honest I never had a ps2 until after I got my ps3 a few years back. I am slowly building my collection but I do have some favorites already from it

Tales of the Abyss

FFX

FFXII

Persona 3 and 4

Those are really the only ones I have played so far and I kinda wish I had bought a ps2 when I was younger

To be honest I never had a ps2 until after I got my ps3 a few years back. I am slowly building my collection but I do have some favorites already from it

Tales of the Abyss

FFX

FFXII

Persona 3 and 4

Those are really the only ones I have played so far and I kinda wish I had bought a ps2 when I was younger

Now you have to go back and get all the good PSOne RPG's too.

The PS2 has to go down (and will go down, if it hasn't already) in gaming folklore as the greatest console of all time. There are no exceptions; no other console comes close in terms of the sheer abundance of brilliance found in its games. I could sit here and rant like a crazed bastard about how good those days were and list off all of its finest games (and believe me when I say I could rant and make lists all day) but nobody likes to hear a somewhat ageing numb-nugget talk about 'the good old days.'

I will say this much - the PS2 was fucking good... my God it was fucking good... wasn't it, lads?

• Like 1

One of these days I plan on playing the PS2 games I didn't get round to before I moved over to the PS3. Games like:

Canis Canem Edit (Bully)

Scarface

Silent Hill 4 & Origins

Manhunt

Project Zero 1 & 2

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy).

i wish they would port over the 360 version of Bully with trophies, thats a platinum i would love

One of these days I plan on playing the PS2 games I didn't get round to before I moved over to the PS3. Games like:

Canis Canem Edit (Bully)

Scarface

Silent Hill 4 & Origins

Manhunt

Project Zero 1 & 2

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy).

all good choices...well kinda if you minus the Manhunt...but that one is just not my cup o' noodles.

all good choices...well kinda if you minus the Manhunt...but that one is just not my cup o' noodles.

Not only that but I abandoned GTA: Vice Ciy Stories & MGS 3 about half way through each. I've promised myself i'll finish GTA at least. I'll probably just play the HD version of MGS 3 instead of finishing that one off :P

• Like 1

Not only that but I abandoned GTA: Vice Ciy Stories & MGS 3 about half way through each. I've promised myself i'll finish GTA at least. I'll probably just play the HD version of MGS 3 instead of finishing that one off :P

Don't forget...there is a Fatal Frame 3 (Project Zero) also for the PS2 ;)

I really enjoyed Scarface, not as much as GTA: Vice City, but just as much as The Godfather.

Don't forget...there is a Fatal Frame 3 (Project Zero) also for the PS2 ;)

I really enjoyed Scarface, not as much as GTA: Vice City, but just as much as The Godfather.

Yeah, a friend of mine had Scarface for the x-box and I played a bit of it and thought it was a pretty decent game. Decent enough that I bought it myself for the PS2, unfortunately I also bought a PS3 at around the same time :P

• 1 month later...

Good news everyone, I ordered my first PS2 and it shoud be here tomorrow. Also my current games are:

• Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
  • Gran Turismo 4
  • Burnout 3: Takedown
  • Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Sometime this week I'm going to Gamestop to take in their Buy 2 Get 1 free on PS2 games.

• Like 1

Good news everyone, I ordered my first PS2 and it shoud be here tomorrow. Also my current games are:

• Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
  • Gran Turismo 4
  • Burnout 3: Takedown
  • Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Sometime this week I'm going to Gamestop to take in their Buy 2 Get 1 free on PS2 games.

no update?

no update?

Wow, you know you're at a super cool forum when people actually make posts ASKING for updates. Now that's an awesome community! Glad to be a recent addition to it!

Anyways, my all-time favorite series on PS2 was the .hack series. A few weeks ago, I bought the .hack/GU collection from an ebay auction, including the limited edition action figure and bonus disc that came with .hack/GU vol. 1. I never got to play GU, just the original .hack back in high school with friends, so it's a fun trip down memory lane. Enjoy your PS2 - there's countless classics on there that'll never fade from your memory.

• 2 weeks later...