a bit curious about trophies that are achived before its out

• 2 weeks later...

There is a guy that has the fourth trophy of episode 3 without having the second or the third ones. Odd.

That same guy has some trophies from episode 2, but not all. He misses first, second and fifth trophies.

Maybe hackers, maybe errors, maybe testers, who knows?? Only they know for sure, and really who cares?

I only hope that if it was an error it is already fixed, because I don't wanna have errors in my trophy list.

I'm one of those who got trophies for episode two.. and one, and I haven't even played the game :o

My PS4 glitched, so when I played Never Alone, I got trophies for episode 1 and 2 for Tales of the Borderlands :(

I tried to get some attention at PS forums from support: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Trophies-unlocked-for-incorrect-game-This-needs-to-be-fixed/m-p/44919044 - But no real luck.

• 1 month later...

If you got trophies for the wrong game, that's on Sony.  My understanding of it is developers include trophy packs with the game, and Sony is responsible for syncing trophy lists online by product ID.  If they link the wrong product ID, you get the wrong trophy.  If the developer put the wrong trophy packs into the game in the first place, the game would fail certification for this, and wouldn't be released until it was fixed.  For this to even be possible the assumption is made that a developer had access to another developers trophy packs in the first place, which seems unlikely.

I believe it's an issue with the ps4 itself. Sometimes when you download or install 2 games very close together the trophy lists get mixed up. I had this happen to me on my alt account with the games Transistor and Loudout. The wrong trophies popped for the wrong game.

If these people only have 1 or 2 trophies from the unreleased Borderlands episodes then it's possible this is what has happened. If they have all of them then my guess is they hacked them.

When i played this game i got trophies for Game of Thrones. This happened because of a flaw in the PS4 firmware. If you installed two games at about the same time the trophy lists would get mixed up. So i suppose people were playing other games and got trophies for Borderlands. In the beginning i didn't even notice...i was just wondering about the weird trophy names :D 

This can be fixed by deleting both games and reinstalling them (not at the same time). But i think this was fixed with the last firmware update. 

When i used to review.  In some cases I got games up to a month before they were out. 

With a lot of other releases I got them closer to when the American release dates were.  I tried not to play them like that on my main account though because I used to be worried about anonymity.  I've been called out by a dev one time because he didn't like that I didn't give him 10/10 for what I considered to be a really shit game, he in fact got people on his twitter feed to send me abuse.

• 1 month later...

There is a guy that has the fourth trophy of episode 3 without having the second or the third ones. Odd.

That same guy has some trophies from episode 2, but not all. He misses first, second and fifth trophies.

Maybe hackers, maybe errors, maybe testers, who knows?? Only they know for sure, and really who cares?

I only hope that if it was an error it is already fixed, because I don't wanna have errors in my trophy list.

>"Only they know for sure, and really who cares?"

>>"I don't wanna have errors in my trophy list"

Your point is?

I just bought Telltale collection and I hope there will be another episode out soon.