Hello everyone

ScutumMagister

Hello everyone, I'm ScutumMagister. Some of you might understand where my name comes from and others might not but to explain for all, a scutum is a name commonly attributed to the big rectangular, semi-cylindrical shields that Roman soldiers used for a certain period believed to have ended sometime in the 3rd century. In truth however, scutum is actually Latin for shield regardless of the type, be it kite (shaped like a kite obviously), heater (shaped like an iron), hoplite (flat Greek shield), round shield, etc. and magister is also Latin for teacher or master. Given I prefer a more defensive approach to my characters in games I went with ScutumMagister, which when translated, in this case, would be Shield Master.

My profile picture is the Scutum Militaris from The Last Remnant Xbox 360 RPG.

I'm both an Xbox and a PlayStation gamer. However currently I'm more a PlayStation gamer because Xbox doesn't have first person dungeon crawlers, at least not ones that have been released outside of Japan.

Right now my most anticipated game of 2015 is Operation Abyss: Tokyo New Legacy. It's developed by Experience, Inc. the makers of Demon Gaze, Stranger of Sword City, Students of Round, Labyrinth Cross: Blood Infinity and various other dungeon crawler RPGs, all of which, other than Demon Gaze, have only been released in Japan. Looking at screenshots I've seen it seems to be a cross between Demon Gaze, Wizardry  (various spell schools with each having levels and it appears that each level has a limited number of uses) and Shin Megami Tensei games (in that you can combine something called Blood Codes to create unique characters for your party).

Other things about me are that I also collect LEGOs but a very specific set, only those released with shields and 12 of each, which is typical military squad size from what I understand. I only really started about 2 weeks ago though so don't have a great collection yet.

That's about all I can think of for now, time for me to go back to playing some Demon Gaze.

• 2 weeks later...