What is the Most Hardcore JRPG?

GaryHyphenJon

Everytime Im seeing this topicname Im thinking about hard games... Yes I know you are not asking for a hard game, but, rumors say this one is really hard...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2207-The-Guided-Fate-Paradox

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 9/10 (6/10 if you use a guide and certain exploits) (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 45 (35trophy_bronze.png, 5trophy_silver.png, 4trophy_gold.png, 1platinum.png)
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to platinum: 100-200 hours (Dependent on knowledge of the game and whether you're willing to use exploits)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
  • Do trophies stack?: NA/EU are one list, JP has a separate list
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

Ahhh, we are here in Vita-section :o ... Sorry, my fault... ^_^ *runs away*

*chases*

:devil:  :lol:

by hardcore means Hard right? well The Original Final Fantasy,Fire emblem nes,Dark souls,Demons souls,Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei nes,Revelations: Persona Ps1,Last Bible Special,Majin Tensei II: Spiral Nemesis,Shin Megami Tensei II,Chrono trigger,Hyperdimesion Neptunia Also Fall out 1.

Edited by PlutiaCPU

Barkely Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.

One of the best rpgs out there imo.  But it's sadly not on the Vita.   

I'd like to add the Gods Eater games.  Lot and lots and lots AND LOT AND LOTS of customization to weapons, appearance, etc.  

Also, hardcore is a highly subjective term.  What actual "type" are you looking for?  I mean, Star Ocean: The Last Hope International fits the bill in terms of your description.  However, it's not on the Vita.

Edited by daftprophet

Final Fantasy X-2 is a solid choice; there's tons of content, some fairly tricky battles, and a decently challenging trophy list. Alternatively, you should also play Persona 4 Golden because it's great. The trophy list is a little on the easy side as far as the latter goes, but it's a really fun list for the most part, making the game even more of a joy to play. 

• Like 1

Final Fantasy X-2 is a solid choice; there's tons of content, some fairly tricky battles, and a decently challenging trophy list. Alternatively, you should also play Persona 4 Golden because it's great. The trophy list is a little on the easy side as far as the latter goes, but it's a really fun list for the most part, making the game even more of a joy to play. 

+1 for this.

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles = Missables Hell

Trophy wise it's not so bad (only beat the game 3 to 4 times) but if you want to see all the sub-events that aren't accounted for you'll suffer... alot.

- Personas 3 & 4 = Difficulty Hell

Atlus.

- Devil Survivor = Unbalanced Hell

Atlus.

by hardcore means Hard right? well The Original Final Fantasy,Fire emblem nes,Dark souls,Demons souls,Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei nes,Revelations: Persona Ps1,Last Bible Special,Majin Tensei II: Spiral Nemesis,Shin Megami Tensei II,Chrono trigger,Hyperdimesion Neptunia Also Fall out 1.

We are getting a bit sidetracked from Vita games.

by hardcore means Hard right? [...] ,Hyperdimesion Neptunia

Which Nepgame was hard? The first one? Dont understand the problems everyone had :P I just picked on all character a weak and a strong heal and the revive thingy.

Then I hold ... dunno, L2? To skip animations (in originalgame the were too long imo) and spammed Triangle because I just bind the imo strongest attacks on triangle. ... Thats it. problem? ^_^

You know, Vita has no games. :P :P

Edited by Neputyunu

Which Nepgame was hard? The first one? Dont understand the problems everyone had :P I just picked on all character a weak and a strong heal and the revive thingy.

Then I hold ... dunno, L2? To skip animations (in originalgame the were too long imo) and spammed Triangle because I just bind the imo strongest attacks on triangle. ... Thats it. problem? ^_^

Hmmmm Interesting

Every time I see this thread, it keeps reminding me about SaGa 2015. I really hope it turns out good. If it turns out great, I might get a Vita. lol

I'm pretty excited about the soundtrack, but I probably shouldn't be. It's almost surely not going to be by Kenji Ito or Nobuo Uematsu. It's far more likely to be Tsuyoshi Sekito, and while that is okay, I rather see one of the former. I very much hope it won't be Masashi Hamauzu, which is a big possibility. You guys may know Masashi Hamauzu from the FFXIII soundtracks.

Edited by MMDE

Sabers Edge, L'Cie Test and Fighting Fate are my favourites.

But I prefer XIII-2 soundtrack, I guess. :)

dunno it sounds ... totally mystical and timespacy! xD

He did the soundtrack for all three games.

He usually does some few nice tracks, but there are so much I don't like. For example, there are some songs from FFXIII I think is nice, in fact, I made a playlist on youtube with the songs I thought were nice from FFXIII and FFXIII-2. While 27 tracks sounds like a lot, it's not much compared to how big the soundtracks are, and many of the songs consist of the same melodies... -_-'

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLygKg8e1NKIFuXSDv_ER3ELVCLPULT1qb

I totally forgot to mention why I even mentioned those composers. The SaGa series is rather huge, with more than 20 CDs worth of soundtrack for it. Those composers I mentioned are the ones who has stood for most of it. Kenji Ito has done some of my favorite battle soundtracks for Romancing SaGa 1-3 and SaGa Frontier 1, where especially 3 and Frontier 1 are great. Masashi Hamauzu did SaGa Frontier 2, but both the game and the soundtrack was so much worse than the two previous games IMO...

^ Just battle soundtracks from Romancing SaGa 1-3 :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLygKg8e1NKIHghGIDV1cwr9tzotW7qOXG

^ Only battle soundtracks from SaGa Frontier 1. :P

That's why I hope he does the OST! xD

That's obviously correct but we are supposed to discuss Vita games since this thread is in Vita section.

you are right so I would say rainbow moon,muramasa rebirth natural doctrine,Disgaea 3 and 4,Ys,I want put Freedom wars to list because if you play in solo by yourself can be really hard T^T,gods eater 2,phantasy star online 2,Dragon's Crown,Demon Gaze,Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God,Danganronpa: Trigger Happy,P4G,But out off all of those titles hadn't came out that impossible RPG the people want

Yeah, vita has no games at all,that why I pass my time eating neppy pudding lol yumi

pudding-ck-522543-l.jpeg

Edited by PlutiaCPU

OBJECTION!

Persona 3 & 4 had PSP/Vita remakes and in 3's case THE GAME GOT EVEN HARDER!

(Remember how we used to be able to Armaggedon everything 'cept "that one boss" out of the way? Can't do that anymore)

(Also, Minato is now limited to 1H sword only while #63 is limited to spears only)

Lol wat?

If you're asking why are these games here (since they are PS2) Look above. But beyond that i don't get your confusion.

You could say i'm confused... [shades] with your confusion. [YEAH!!!!]

Nhq2R.gif

Are you laughting out of agreedment or it's just mockery? e_e

Edited by Sonny_FIRESTORM

If you're asking why are these games here (since they are PS2) Look above. But beyond that i don't get your confusion.

You could say i'm confused... [shades] with your confusion. [YEAH!!!!]

Are you laughting out of agreedment or it's just mockery? e_e

I'll answer for Ramon too when I say. In No way whatsoever is Persona hardcore xD