Futuristic New Google Tech

BeautifulTorment

So apparently Google is currently testing some new technologies. This kind of reminds me of the interactivity of computers in the movie Minority Report. Seems so futuristic.... looks impressive. It would take a while to get used to for sure. Check out what I'm rambling about here;

http://www.uproxx.co...-of-the-future/

Let me know what you think of this :o

This is pretty cool conceptually. I don't know how practical this will be in the near future as the infrastructure required to make this work isn't really 100% there yet. Plus, there were multiple technologies working together flawlessly there; "they" have problems making this type of tech work independently at the moment so I don't see it on the market for quite some time.

Yeah, I actually saw a picture on reddit showing a scene from the video in that link. The only difference was, in the image, the screen was covered in ads. I don't see that as being far-fetched either.

If this was ever to become a common piece of equipment, its use while driving would most definitely be banned instantly.

Well,

If this was ever to become a common piece of equipment, its use while driving would most definitely be banned instantly.

This i agree with. Even so, the screen is small enough and out of your immediate way so walking wouldn't be much of a problem. Then there's the problem of how loud you must talk for it to recognize commands...

While the technology is cool, I guess I'm still stuck in my old fashioned ways. After seeing all the morons around here swerving all over the place in their cars while on the phone or texting, convenient technology scares me. I can see these being released to the public followed by countless deaths in the following weeks by the morons that will be dicking around with them in traffic.

Plus, my Son's already destroyed two pairs of my glasses, and I bet these wouldn't be easy on the wallet to replace. :blink:

Parker