Thinking of buying a Vita

Yukizm69

Vita is a must. i love having it with me as a i consider it as an "On the go gaming". Having Sword Art Online and more RPGs makes it more amazing. Therefore, i suggest you getting the Vita as you will enjoy it with current and the coming soon games.

@Yukizm69 - Seeing as how you're in the UK, I'll let you have my old 16GB card if you like. I very much doubt I'll have any future use for it. PM me your postal address if you're interested. Give me a couple of days because I'm disorganised and will probably forget to wipe it and post it for a while.

By the way, I know it's not in your preferred genres, but if you don't play Tearaway once you get your Vita you are doing yourself a serious disservice.

• Like 2

You seem to be convinced to buy a Vita, that's good.

For the games, I will once again say to look at my profile xD

But the memory card seem to be an issue.

Since you said you aren't really switching between games, 64GB is a bit excessive for you.

On the other hand, 4GB and 8GB cards really ARE insufficient. 16GB may be pretty good alternative for you.

Yep, usually what I did on my PSP (2GB) is leave 2 to 3 games on it and once I'm finished with one I replace it. Yet again PSP games hardly took a lot of space.

It depends on what games you want to play on the Vita. In my case for example I never had a PS1 or PSP so the Vita was a great option for playing all those classics on the go.

Just checked out the content management on my Vita and I have 9GB for PS1 games and 10GB for the PSP.  That's why I think a 18 or 32 is very short space for all the content you can have in your Vita.

That's quite a lot of space but then again, a good amount of games though. I doubt I'll have a lot of games bought digitally though, unless I really like the game and it's digital only.

I bought a 64GB memory card from Hong kong via Ebay. Paid 55GBP including shipping, although it took 3 weeks to arrive. Totally worth it. In my country physical Vita games are very rare, so there's really not much of a choice. And deleting games is not an option for me, since I want to be able to go back whenever I want. Save files cannot be saved separately.

Physical Vita games are quite rare here as well, but it's not a big issue since I usually contact my local game store to buy it outside of the country and have it delivered to me. Although sometimes it may take about a week or two, it's no biggie for me with four consoles in my possession lmao. :P 

@Yukizm69 - Seeing as how you're in the UK, I'll let you have my old 16GB card if you like. I very much doubt I'll have any future use for it. PM me your postal address if you're interested. Give me a couple of days because I'm disorganised and will probably forget to wipe it and post it for a while.

By the way, I know it's not in your preferred genres, but if you don't play Tearaway once you get your Vita you are doing yourself a serious disservice.

I've sent you a message mate. :)

Haha, I may think about it since I'm not a big platformer fan.

Just wanted to let everyone know that hopefully I will be buying the Vita today, since I can afford to spare 100 till next week. Despite being only 3 weeks old from it's previous owner, I'll be checking it thoroughly though. If anyone recommends any precautions I should take whilst checking it, feel free to leave a post. :)

If I use my PS3's account, I should be fine aye? :)

Use the account you want to earn trophies with, your main account.

Vita only allows you to use one account at a time, so if you wanted to download games from the Japanese store, you'd have to have a Japanese account. Loading your regular account to earn trophies would lock you out of the games though, because they weren't purchased with your main account. However, physical cartridge games are playable no matter where they came from.

Use the account you want to earn trophies with, your main account.

Vita only allows you to use one account at a time, so if you wanted to download games from the Japanese store, you'd have to have a Japanese account. Loading your regular account to earn trophies would lock you out of the games though, because they weren't purchased with your main account. However, physical cartridge games are playable no matter where they came from.

Cheers Stricken, I wasn't aware of this! :)

• 3 weeks later...