Everybody's Golf - One of the most difficult yet addictive games I've played

markcavan

I have to say this is the first golf game I've played on PSV and was very excited to start it.  From the start I loved it but there has always been one thing that annoyed me, the game is completely unforgiving to any slight error.  This makes the game so difficult.  So many times I have been first on the last hole to mess up a putt, drive the ball into water of out of bounds and then the whole round is wrecked!

And then there is the trophies, I can really see why so many are ultra rares.  Luck plays such an important part in getting them to pop.

Anyhow, saying all that I still really like this game and find myself drawn to it.  Think it'll be unlikely I'll ever platinum it but I can always live in hope and keep trying.

Anyone who has any tips or recommendations please post them here for those of us playing and struggling to get all the trophies to pop :-)

Edited by markcavan

I stopped playing this for awhile (i have the other name of the game. It escapes me right now). But yah its very addicting. the further you get though the harder it is :(

I think the other name for it is Hot Shots.

Yeah, the game is a lot of fun. I played it for a while when it came to EU IGC last year. Been meaning to go back to it at some point. If I ever get the plat, it'll go at the top of my Trophy Cabinet.

I read somewhere they're making a PS4 version at some point, possibly releasing this year...

It is an addictively good game, I have to second that!

I recently got the Platinum for it too (1 month), was the first and nearly only game I played since I got my Vita early Feb-2015 xD!

Goodluck with the courses, eventually you'll pull off the trophy shots, they're much more doable with practice under your belt

It's an amazing game, where luck only plays a part in few of the trophies.

The rest is based on skill, so it's just about practicing.

I would recommend going after the level 3 Big Air Ball & Club ASAP, as they can save you 1-2 shots per level (depending on the size of the map).

A few of the VS challenges were a real pain in the ass, but overall it was a very enjoyable platinum.

I got the 8th fastest time, as I was having so much fun playing it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Starting to play this game again after a 5-year hiatus. The game is indeed addicting and hard. I'm on the 2nd of Bronze level course, and I came in last place. Granted it was my first time on the course, so I hope I'll get better.

Anyway, thanks @janzor88 for the tip about the Big Air Ball and Club. I only have the Lv.1/Lv.2 versions now, so will try to earn some points to get them. 

• 3 years later...

Hate to say it but... there's really not much luck involved if you master the system. You can calculate most aspects of a shot quite accurately. For example, count the squares on the green for approach shots. Unfortunately I haven't played in over 7 years, so I can't be too specific. But let's say there's a 10mph wind to the left, you ought to be able aim 5 squares to the right on the pin. Likewise, you can calculate the power within a couple of percentage points, too. And don't forget to check the lie of the ball. If it's sloping left, the ball will fly left.

You can also increase or reduce power at impact. If you require a shot at 98% then simply hit a max power shot and reduce power at impact. It's easier than trying to perform a 98% shot.

• Like 2