Thoughts on trophies ?

Tomoko Kuroki

Currently have it sitting on my vita, can't wait to start it. I've heard nothing but great things so expectations are high. 

Regarding trophies, looks like quite a number of playthroughs unless you stack some of the gold trophies. Beating it in 90 minutes is interesting, wonder what they normal playthrough time is...

This topic is already posted on PSNP.

However yes, happy to see a platinum trophy, and the image is dope as fuck. However I wouldn't care if it didn't have a plat because I reallu just want to play this game.

The trophies look challenging and rightfully so, I didn't excpect anything else so Im super happy.

My only dissapointment is the lack of a Kratos boss trophy really, but as stated in the other thread, maybe Kratos drops something needed for a trophy or something.

I have to ad, Shovel Knight wil get a lot of free content over the months, the closest one is Plague of Shadows. Would be cool to see some trophies being ad in with the patches so people will go back to them. No DLC so everything is free. (Resogun Patch trophies is an example, Resogun does however have DLC wich Shovel Knight won't)

Yacht Club will release every content patch and when they're done they will look on making a DLC / Sequel :D

This is my most anticipated game of 2015, and SCE EU screwed up so it got delayed until tommorow. And I can't wait.

• Like 1

Oh well thats just perfect, isn't it. Sony NA is so awesome and then we have Sony EU, so Shovel Knight delayed AGAIN in EU, now to 23rd. So sorry EU folks, we'll have to wait, just as we did with the Isaac patch, and oh what about that Dying Light patch that was late, and wait wasn't there an Apotheon patch that came late to the EU. Oh yeah, everyone can keep complain about Sony indies, servers and whatever you like. But Sony EU is the only real problem, for real.. I love Sony and Playstation, but for fuck sake, don't keep mess up Sony EU, it happens to often and I WANT MY SHOVEL KNIGHT RIGHT NOW. Im probably a little over angry atm because I've been glued to my screen watched every news and leak and what not for the past 6 days about Shovel Knighr, I mean look at my latest status updates. But seriously Sony EU, fix your shit because you're my only problem atm

*Angry rant*

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 1

and where exactly did you read that it is delayed?

Shovel Knight website (Officiak Yacht Club website)

Yacht Club Games Twitter AND The Shovel Knight Twitter, I belive its also on the Playstation Blog now.

Trust me, I've been stalking everything with this game, look at my Status Updates on my profile, knew the size of the game before it was released, knew the trophies two days before they were uploaded here.:P

Belive me? ;)

Shovel Knight website (Officiak Yacht Club website)

Yacht Club Games Twitter AND The Shovel Knight Twitter, I belive its also on the Playstation Blog now.

Trust me, I've been stalking everything with this game, look at my Status Updates on my profile, knew the size of the game before it was released, knew the trophies two days before they were uploaded here. :P

Belive me? ;)

Wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if it was released tomorrow, maybe a little bit later than the classic update.

• Like 1

They wrote:

"For European players out there, we’re expecting the release to be out April 23rd!"

english is not my native language so i maybe wrong, but for me this sentence doesn't mean "the game will be released on 23 april", but "as of 23 april, the game will have been released". 

So i still expect the game to be released tomorrow ;)

Played a ton of this on my 3DS so I'm not sure if I'll pick it up right now, but I more than likely will in the near future just to support the developers some more. If you're on the fence about this, please pick it up! It's amazing! For shovelry! 

Personally, I'm glad that they not only have a Platinum, but they actually put some effort into it (rather then just naming it "Platinum" like some OTHER games). I mean, I know there's no way in hell I'd ever be able to EARN the Platinum, but it's still pretty nice on their part.

Posted this in another thread here, but figured it's helpful to list in this thread too.

There is a trick to getting all the gold trophies (minus one) in a single run that makes the platinum quite manageable.

1) Start a new game with the aim to obtain: (No Deaths, No Relics, 90min Speedrun, Destroy all Checkpoints)

2) Upon beating each level, exit to the main menu.

3) Copy your save file to an empty slot so that you have a duplicate.

4) If you fail a level or violate a parameter, exit back to the main menu, copy your duplicate file over the one you load up and attempt again (think of it like a protracted loading screen).

Your top priority should be completing every level as fast as you can.  I recommend not going for "Penny Pincher" using this method since purchasing meal tickets, upgrades, and armor is of immense benefit in keeping the run within the allotted 90 mins.  Instead, collect everything before starting NG+, then playthrough NG+ for its trophy and you should get Penny Pincher at the end as well.

• Like 1