KONAMI News

Remilia Scarlet

Silent Hills has been cancelled, confirmed by Konami on April 27th. Due to creative differences, director Hideo Kojima has planned on leaving Konami after the release of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Additionally, Konami has announced a complete restructuring of their video game business, and has wiped Kojima and Kojima Productions from all promotional material. Furthermore, Silent Hills has been confirmed by a Konami spokesperson to be dead, but they still have plans for the Silent Hill franchise.

What does all of this mean for the future of Konami? For the future of Metal Gear? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Edited by AnimeDreama

I'm kind of hoping Kojima goes off on his own, brings del Toro and Reedus with him, and makes whatever game Silent Hills should've been... just without the Silent Hill name (for legal reasons obviously).  It was a reboot anyways, can kind of do whatever they want I guess. ;)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

well as long as they keep making games im good. but hopefully they would reboot silent hills with someone they might eventually maybe not now but in the future, for metal gear im hoping it will stay good cause sometimes when they bring in someone new the game feels very different like its not the same game like if splinter cell they take out the whole sneaking around system. or halo i still love halo but there is still a sense of thats not how bungie would have made it. or modern warfare it was suppose to end on two but kept on going and going lol 

well as long as they keep making games im good. but hopefully they would reboot silent hills with someone they might eventually maybe not now but in the future, for metal gear im hoping it will stay good cause sometimes when they bring in someone new the game feels very different like its not the same game like if splinter cell they take out the whole sneaking around system. or halo i still love halo but there is still a sense of thats not how bungie would have made it. or modern warfare it was suppose to end on two but kept on going and going lol 

Modern Warfare ended with MW3... Advanced Warfare has nothing to do with the MW series.

I say whatever works, works. If things go downhill from there, then I'll be able to form a more definite opinion about it. For now, I'm just watching everything happen and let everything take its course before I say much about it. I guess the fact that I haven't played a Silent Hill or MGS game doesn't quite help!

What do you mean? Is the thread topic not visible?

I mean that in order to read what you weite i need to copy/paste it into another document and change the font - why are you writing in that wakadoo font? Dont you want people to be able to, y'know, read it?

I mean that in order to read what you weite i need to copy/paste it into another document and change the font - why are you writing in that wakadoo font? Dont you want people to be able to, y'know, read it?

I like the font. I had no idea that nobody could read it. I like to stand out from the crowd. I mean, I can read it just fine, why can't you? It's just Comic Sans MS

Edited by AnimeDreama

I can read it fine don't worry :)

My prediction, and this is mostly presumptuous, but imo most likely, Konami will sell off it's IP's either slowly or all at once some time after MGS releases, and rest the growth on it's other business divisions. Lets face it, MGS is Kojimas love child, no-one could do it but him. And the only other three good game series(profit margin wise) that are at least recognizable to gamers(not necessarily the public) is Castlevania, Suikidon(Spelling?), and Dance Dance Revolution(btw are they the ones that own the rights to crash bandicoot?? I can't remember). Plus the fact that they pulled themselves off the stock exchange gives more merit to my prediction imo.

Now what would I like if that prediction comes true. That Kojima sets up his own studio, buys the MGS, Silent Hill, and Castlevania(Imagine a castlevania Kojima Production) IPs, and run with it. The rest will be bought up by others I'm sure, especially dance dance. But they may hold onto that one.

And that's about all I got. Only time will tell what will transpire now. 

Edited by dav9834

I like the font. I had no idea that nobody could read it. I like to stand out from the crowd. I mean, I can read it just fine, why can't you? It's just Comic Sans MS

Well, do what you want to do, but its virtually unreadable for me on Safari - and more than that - i doubt im the only one who just skips by posts with difficult to read fonts and ignores them in favour of posts where the user feel thier individuality can be expressed through thier opinions, rather than through pointless calligraphy.