Samsung Galaxy S III

omgitsbounce

Boom!

http://mashable.com/...galaxy-s-iii-2/

Anyone see this bad boy? This thing looks awesome! I'm already on board - assuming something better isn't announced before it launches, which is apparently this month!

4.8" Super AMOLED HD (1280×720) screen, 8-megapixel rear-facing and 1.9-megapixel forward-facing camera, and runs on Ice Cream Sandwich. The camera stuff on it are super sweet. Has a burst mode that will take 20 photos super quick, and a option called Best Photo which will pick the best one out of a group of 8. (I don't know how. Maybe blink detection or something?)

A feature, Smart Stay, know if you're using the phone to read on the web or something, so you won't have to constantly wake up the screen.

A feature called Direct Call will call someone if you lift your phone to your ear while texting them. AWESOME! Basically, "Ok, yeah, texting, here is how you get here, oh and this and this and FUCK IT. I'm calling you!" Boom.

What I am super stoked about is S-Voice. Basically just awesome voice control. I think the Nexus has some voice control as well, but idk. This phone is shinier, and hopefully has better battery life.

Some other cool things like Buddy Share, which will detect your friends faces in pictures and ask you if you want to send it to them. S Beam allows you to transfer files super quick without wifi or cell service. Then AllShare Cast lets you connect to your TV, tablet, PC, etc.

Wantwantwantwantwant. Do you guys do android? Or iOS? Thinking about picking this up? So far, I'm totally in. Anything beats my Samsung Infuse at this point.[/background]

[/font]

I've still got a flip phone...

casio-g-zone-ravine-MED.png

Best phone I've ever had though. Water proof, shock resistant, great battery life and good signal. I don't need anything else in a phone and I won't pay the extra money on my cell phone plan for something I won't use. Smartphones are neat but in my line of work they'd be destroyed in a few days, if that. I've dropped my phone in diesel, gasoline, oil, and grease, dropped it from on the tractor and harvester, my wife threw it out of my truck going 45mph ("on accident") and it still works like the day I bought it (refurbished for $30, I might add.)

Regardless, the Galaxy S III looks like a cool phone with a lot of neat features bit it just isn't for me. My father on the other hand will probably get himself one of these. He has a droid and was looking into upgrading to the Galaxy S II but I'm sure he'll wait for this one now.

Parker

• 6 months later...