Death March Difficulty Glitch?

ive heard for that trophy you can play the story on any difficulty right up to the last mission where you can change it to death march do the mission etc etc and when credits role youll pop the trophy, any thoughts on this guys?

Hmm, it does let you change the difficulty. But I wouldn't risk it. Plus, beating the entire game on a single difficulty is much more pleasant.

I've heard that's a 30+ hour game. I'd be terrified to play a campaign that long on the maximum difficulty. haha

I'm playing on extremely easy right now as this is my first Witcher game, So I'll likely create a back up of my save just before the end of the game and try this glitch out. It'll be a few days though as I am taking my time.

yeah ive started it on the hardest at the moment and dont know if i should change to easy and enjoy the game and story and have that as a main save to 100% on and try the glitch and if that doesnt work to just fly through a quick play through on the hardest when the trophy is neededm (when its last trophy left) :P

I uploaded a video on Youtube of first boss fight (Griffin) on Death March if anyone is interested:

My first video ever uploaded so sorry about the length (i took my time, it's hard) Would've only been 12 minutes but he did a hit wonder so it went on to 15 minutes.

Edited by Nonon Jakuzure
  • Like 1

I'm playing on extremely easy right now as this is my first Witcher game, So I'll likely create a back up of my save just before the end of the game and try this glitch out. It'll be a few days though as I am taking my time.

you don't really have to make a backup if you're playing on easy anyways, do you? but i guess it can never hurt ;)

basically someone just need to switch difficulty for the last story-mission if they're playing on easy/medium anyway to confirm this for everyone, since they basically got nothing to lose by testing this!

but somehow i doubt it will work. would be a huuuuge "beginners mistake" by the developers!

• Like 1

Yeah, you could do that... or, you know, you could actually play the game on the hard difficulty and actually EARN the hard trophy.

It would be a truly rookie mistake from the Developers (just like in Apotheon, haha); hopefully it doesn't work like that, or the trophy rarity will be artificially high. I personally still believe in earning trophies properly rather than cheating your way to the top.

Also, Death March is a challenge - sure, but definitely doable from what I've played so far. Here's to difficult and awesome RPG's!!!

• Like 2

i also immediately thought of apotheon ;)

that being said: if it doesn't work by simply switching the difficulty in the witcher, one should try to change the difficulty to "death march" before the last mission, save and quit to menu, start a new game on "death march" difficulty and then reload the first save again. 

it worked that way in some other games, too. i guess because the in-game "never changed difficulty" flag didn't get reset when reloading the first save or something.

but however it MAY work, i think i'll just start and play on death march too. shouldn't be much more difficult than bloodborne or the souls games, i guess/hope ;)

I really hope this glitch didn't work, because we (the trophy hunters) gonna play the entire game on the hardest difficulty to be sure the trophy pop at the end whereas other gamers just do the entire game on easy and put the last mission on hard to get this reward, I will be very sad of this, meanwhile I will get the satisfaction of beatting the entire game on hard.

• Like 1

you don't really have to make a backup if you're playing on easy anyways, do you? but i guess it can never hurt ;)

basically someone just need to switch difficulty for the last story-mission if they're playing on easy/medium anyway to confirm this for everyone, since they basically got nothing to lose by testing this!

but somehow i doubt it will work. would be a huuuuge "beginners mistake" by the developers!

I'd mainly be making the backup just in-case something goes wrong. I would rather not lose my entire save seeing if switching difficulties right at the end allows you to earn all the trophies tied to them.