Is this game worth it, or should I get the two Wii games?

I hear this is a remake of the first game on Wii that uses Move. My concern is that I read a review that said the PS3 version could be more responsive, and that the Wii games are better in that aspect. Should I get this game and NMH2 for Wii, or both of them for Wii?

From my personal experiences with both versions of the game, the PS3 version is better by a country mile. Not only does the PS3 version look better, the Move is so much more accurate and precise than the Wiimote which makes the game play much better on the PS3.

Parker

• Like 1

This is very good news, as I would have preferred to get the PS3 version if it wasn't too big of a difference in controls. Really happy to hear that it performs so well with the Move. I will definitely be buying the PS3 version, the game sounds like fun.

I played through this using a regular dual shock instead of the Move and it worked great... if you don't like the way it performs on the Move then you can just switch, win-win.

#2 is only on the Wii, which is a shame because it is 100x better than #1. I'd love to play through it again in HD w/trophies.

From my personal experiences with both versions of the game, the PS3 version is better by a country mile. Not only does the PS3 version look better, the Move is so much more accurate and precise than the Wiimote which makes the game play much better on the PS3.

Parker

I agree with this. I've played the Wii and PS3 version of the game, and with the PS3 version there is such a lot more you can check out and the graphics plus trophies and DLC make it a much more enjoyable experience. You don't have to use the move if you don't want to, I had a blast just playing with the PS3 controller.

I really hope they do NMH2 the same way as that one is my favorite!

This is actually one of the games I'd really recommend the Move for. Maybe it's because I had already played the games on Wii so I was used to the motion controls, but the game performs flawlessly with the Move and it really adds to the gameplay, in my opinion. If you don't have a Move though the Dualshock 3 works just fine.

Parker

2 is only on the Wii, which is a shame because it is 100x better than #1.
I have to massively disagree with this. 2 is a good game, but it added too many bad things for me. Why do I get knocked down so often now? Why are there platforming levels with terrible controls and platforming in the boss fights of these levels as well? Why are the controls in the jobs so imprecise? Why is money so useless in this game (actually, considering how bad the jobs are, that's a good thing)? Why did they take away the open world sections instead of trying to improve them? Why is the story so weak? Why are so many bosses so cheap?

The only thing I can say that I really liked in 2 over 1 was being able to use the d-pad to dodge. I don't know what they did in 1 for the Wii, but I wish they had given us d-pad dodging in the PS3 version for Move controls.

Maybe it's because I had already played the games on Wii so I was used to the motion controls, but the game performs flawlessly with the Move and it really adds to the gameplay, in my opinion.

I also have to disagree with flawlessly. It works very well most of the time, but it's annoying when it gets the dodges wrong. Rolling left when I flick right and vice versa, doing a backwards roll when I wanted to do the leap attack thing, doing the leap attack thing when I wanted to roll backwards, randomly turning the camera and Travis 180 degrees and making Travis roll TOWARDS his opponent instead of away from them... Okay, I don't know if that one is the fault of the motion controls or not, but it's still annoying. Again, I wish they had just put all of the dodging controls on the d-pad.

But other than that, I do agree that Move works pretty well with this game. It's one of the few games I've tried that can use Move but don't require it where I found that the Move was more fun to play with. Other games I tried out (namely NCIS and Crazy Machines Elements) were really poor in letting you properly configure the Move and I ended up giving up and switching to a Dualshock instead. So it's nice to have a game like No More Heroes in my collection that is fun to play using the Move controller.

• Like 1

True, the open world is mostly empty and the bike handling is very odd. However, the world is also not very big (especially if you use the bike's turbo; X on DS3 and L2 on Move) and you don't spend much time in it. You just drive to whatever you destination is and it's over. Even getting all the shirts, balls, and cards isn't that hard or annoying once you learn how to run.

The open world certainly has room for improvement, but it's not nearly bad enough to not finish the game over. :/

• 4 years later...

I absolutely loved the first game on the Wii, but giving it a go on the controller it wasn't anywhere near the same. I know some people say it's better with a standard controller, but I found it much more frustrating to play like this. I've considered getting a PS Move just for this game; they can't be that expensive now, can they? 

• Like 1

I absolutely loved the first game on the Wii, but giving it a go on the controller it wasn't anywhere near the same. I know some people say it's better with a standard controller, but I found it much more frustrating to play like this. I've considered getting a PS Move just for this game; they can't be that expensive now, can they?

I saw the wand and navigation controllers in the clearance section of my local Wal-mart like 3 or 4 months ago.

But anyways, I enjoyed this game with both PS Move and Dualshock. But the 2nd game needs to come to PS3 as well.

I saw the wand and navigation controllers in the clearance section of my local Wal-mart like 3 or 4 months ago.

But anyways, I enjoyed this game with both PS Move and Dualshock. But the 2nd game needs to come to PS3 as well.

Yeah that isn't gonna happen, what with the presence of bosses from 2 on there already. Plus I think most have forgotten about it. Didn't much care for 2 aside from the Destroyman revival which was fucking hilarious. Plus the final boss of 2 oh my god that was terrible. 

• 1 month later...