Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I've spent most of my week in the colosseum. I've finished the 200 battles for Aramut, Faize, Sarah, Myuria and Meracle and I've gotten to rank 1 in both solo and team battles. I've managed to beat Ashlay 3 times now so only need about 4 more. I've even fattened my bunny up with pies and have about 10 race 100 wins (I couldn't stand more than that before dying of boredom).

On top of that I've also done Sarah's 5555 jumps, got Reimi and Arumat's Shadow kills and broken the level cap on 3 characters so I think I did well this week.  :D

• Like 2

While that will be great...there is only 1 platinum I really want ^_^

You mean the prestigious XCOM Enemy Unknown plat? Everyone wants that one  :P. Seriously though, I hope it motivates you to go on :).

I've spent most of my week in the colosseum. I've finished the 200 battles for Aramut, Faize, Sarah, Myuria and Meracle and I've gotten to rank 1 in both solo and team battles. I've managed to beat Ashlay 3 times now so only need about 4 more. I've even fattened my bunny up with pies and have about 10 race 100 wins (I couldn't stand more than that before dying of boredom).

On top of that I've also done Sarah's 5555 jumps, got Reimi and Arumat's Shadow kills and broken the level cap on 3 characters so I think I did well this week.  :D

Wow, that's so impressive. Nice work :yay:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Of course that is what I mean :P

But seriously if it wasn't for this thread I may have given up on SO4 :P

I wonder if XCOM EU's plat will be rarer than the SO4 plat if more people finish their epic quest :hmm:. The rarities are close to each other.

That's so great to hear, all that hard work wasn't in vain :D. Brings a tear to the eye :P.

I wonder if XCOM EU's plat will be rarer than the SO4 plat if more people finish their epic quest :hmm:. The rarities are close to each other.

That's so great to hear, all that hard work wasn't in vain :D. Brings a tear to the eye :P.

Well nothing will be rarer than my EA Sports Active plat :)

All the energy coming from silly status updates also helped you, right? ;)

You could also go hunt for XCOM: Enemy Within's plat. You gonna looooooooove it xD.

Oh X-com I have a 95% chance of getting the plat...oh I missed :(

Yeah having a group like this makes the grind a little more bearable :D. Let me know if you want to join and share the pain of grinding SO4 ;).

Depends on if a used copy goes for less than $20 - I have Disgaea 5 pre-ordered but could always cancel for this, my folks vowed to compensate for having to cancel their 10-day trip to Iowa and gaining so much money from house-sitting their dogs. :( (J/K: I'd have to house-sit my sister's dogs too and those two are gluttons and rude to the others. :rolleyes: Still, all that money! I was going to use the bet money my mom promised if I lost weight but now my gym trainer said he'd pay off the difference for a Wii-U if I got down to 240... ugh... this is so hard! Yes, I could get a job but... sorry, didn't mean to rant. :facepalm: )

Cancel my Disgaea 5 for SO4 or no? Decisions! :shakefist:

On a brighter note, this thread has propelled me to check all the trophies I haven't gotten and do some of them, mainly some LBP2 ones which are rather easy. I'll prob never platinum my LBP games because the first require so much boosting online and I get too frustrated when I fail to ace a level.

Edited by Maphantom238

Depends on if a used copy goes for less than $20 - I have Disgaea 5 pre-ordered but could always cancel for this, my folks vowed to compensate for having to cancel their 10-day trip to Iowa and gaining so much money from house-sitting their dogs. :( (J/K: I'd have to house-sit my sister's dogs too and those two are gluttons and rude to the others. :rolleyes: Still, all that money! I was going to use the bet money my mom promised if I lost weight but now my gym trainer said he'd pay off the difference for a Wii-U if I got down to 240... ugh... this is so hard! Yes, I could get a job but... sorry, didn't mean to rant. :facepalm: )

On a brighter note, this thread has propelled me to check all the trophies I haven't gotten and do some of them, mainly some LBP2 ones which are rather easy. I'll prob never platinum my LBP games because the first require so much boosting online and I get too frustrated when I fail to ace a level.

Frustration is to Ace EVERY.FREAKING.LEVEL (The wheel of death included) only to fail on the last stage...... /:

Why? Too lazy for 5 playtroughs? xD

Well nothing will be rarer than my EA Sports Active plat :)

True, that one is rare among the UR plats.

Disgaea 5 is probably going to take a long time too. Best of luck with deciding which game to play.

If you're looking for motivation to clear the backlog, take a look at this thread: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/30862-lets-unlock-10-plats-on-a-single-day/

Frustration is to Ace EVERY.FREAKING.LEVEL (The wheel of death included) only to fail on the last stage...... /:

Why? Too lazy for 5 playtroughs? xD

The online community is also retarded in LBP2. Everyone only wants to show off their 1001 costumes or slap the hell out of you when diving in (which only succeeds once every 10 times). That and the 24 hours of create mode were the reasons I quit that game.

I believe Mayus is refering to how shots often miss in XCOM even when the percentages are high.

I know that feel. Nothing like a sniper failing a 99% shot....goddamn impossible mode >_>

Yeah I do want to get the plat though. I absolutely loved my first playthrough but it was one of the few games that I loved my first playthrough so much that I didn't want to ruin it by doing it back to back to back.

Then when I was ready to do another playthrough...my plus ran out :(

I should get back to it though as it is one of the best games of this generation :)

Yeah I do want to get the plat though. I absolutely loved my first playthrough but it was one of the few games that I loved my first playthrough so much that I didn't want to ruin it by doing it back to back to back.

Then when I was ready to do another playthrough...my plus ran out :(

I should get back to it though as it is one of the best games of this generation :)

Yup! I absolutely loved the game! Get that plus ASAP, Commander!

Here's my seventh week update!

Play time: 381:32:24 (+50:37:58)

BT: 711/900 (+63) Edge 83% (+25) Reimi 70% (+9) Faize 100% (-) Lymle 75% (-) Bacchus 74% (+10) Meracle 78% (+5) Sarah 71% (-) Myuria 76% (+10) Arumat 84% (+4)

Trophies: 44/47 (+1)

This week I worked on colosseum battle trophies (for six characters) and some 999 enemies kills. I also worked on Edge 30000 kills and that kept me busy the major part of the week since I went from a little less than 8000 to 30000. I'm happy that I finally got that BT! Now I'm done with almost every really time consuming battle trophies. There are still bad ones such as 1000 blinsides.

The new trophy I got is the one for getting 75% of the battle trophies. I still need 189 battle trophies but that shouldn't take too long and I'll probably get the plat in early October :P

Edited by Tales-of-Fandom
  • Like 2

Sadly, my SO4I purchase will have to wait - I just picked up FFX Remastered for the PS Vita with my store credit (I plan to play it while watching live streams) and even though it's a b-**- to platinum, especially with the new content like the dreaded Dark Aeons and Penance, I DO plan on getting that platinum some day in 2016 as I've played through the PS2 version and know what to expect. Also, note to self: NEVER get a Blue Raspberry Icee from Valero; it tastes WRETCHED. :holy:

However, when the time comes, Maphantom238 the Master Thief will gladly join the epicness that is this quest. It just... will take a while as stealing from Gamestop is a no-no. <_<:ninja: (Based character off of the Phantom class in Maplestory, which is awesome.)

BT: 711/900 (+63) Edge 83% (+25) Reimi 70% (+9) Faize 100% (-) Lymle 75% (-) Bacchus 74% (+10) Meracle 78% (+5) Sarah 71% (-) Myuria 76% (+10) Arumat 84% (+4)

This week I worked on colosseum battle trophies (for six characters) and some 999 enemies kills. I also worked on Edge 30000 kills and that kept me busy the major part of the week since I went from a little less than 8000 to 30000. I'm happy that I finally got that BT! Now I'm done with almost every really time consuming battle trophies. There are still bad ones such as 1000 blinsides.

The new trophy I got is the one for getting 75% of the battle trophies. I still need 189 battle trophies but that shouldn't take too long and I'll probably get the plat in early October :P

That's really nice progress :D

You can do it.

• Like 1

NIce pogress Tales :)

Just hit level 60 plus, time to talk to welch and sync some red dragon scales b4 the battle with satanail :devil: on chaos diff

Then Finally faize's % will rise on earth mode. 1 long grind to go till plat.

Edited by Titan Balls
  • Like 1

I know I just updated but I earned quite a bit of BTs today so I thought I would want to track it. Sorry Dragon :)

Edge 87% (+1)

Reimi 61% (0)

Faize 51% (0)

Lymle 71% (+4)

Bacchus 62% (+10)

Meracle 82% (+1)

Sarah 79% (+12)

Myuria 59% (+7)

Arumat 74% (+10)

626/900 BTs 34/47 Trophies 271 Hours

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

Another update: been working on some of Faize's battle trophies.  Got enough of them to unlock Extra Battle Voices, Set 2.

Battle trophies:

Edge: 82

Reimi: 100

Faize: 76

Lymle: 71

Bacchus: 94

Meracle: 100

Sarah: 84

Myuria: 100

Arumat: 77

Battle trophy total: 784/900

Still at 41/47 trophies.  Main playthrough still at 434:44.  Faize playthrough at 63:45.

Sadly, my SO4I purchase will have to wait - I just picked up FFX Remastered for the PS Vita with my store credit (I plan to play it while watching live streams) and even though it's a b-**- to platinum, especially with the new content like the dreaded Dark Aeons and Penance, I DO plan on getting that platinum some day in 2016 as I've played through the PS2 version and know what to expect. Also, note to self: NEVER get a Blue Raspberry Icee from Valero; it tastes WRETCHED.  :holy:

However, when the time comes, Maphantom238 the Master Thief will gladly join the epicness that is this quest. It just... will take a while as stealing from Gamestop is a no-no.  <_<  :ninja: (Based character off of the Phantom class in Maplestory, which is awesome.)

Ok, have fun with FFX.

NIce pogress Tales :)

Just hit level 60 plus, time to talk to welch and sync some red dragon scales b4 the battle with satanail :devil: on chaos diff

Then Finally faize's % will rise on earth mode. 1 long grind to go till plat.

I know I just updated but I earned quite a bit of BTs today so I thought I would want to track it. Sorry Dragon :)

Edge 87% (+1)

Reimi 61% (0)

Faize 51% (0)

Lymle 71% (+4)

Bacchus 62% (+10)

Meracle 82% (+1)

Sarah 79% (+12)

Myuria 59% (+7)

Arumat 74% (+10)

626/900 BTs 34/47 Trophies 271 Hours

Another update: been working on some of Faize's battle trophies.  Got enough of them to unlock Extra Battle Voices, Set 2.

Battle trophies:

Edge: 82

Reimi: 100

Faize: 76

Lymle: 71

Bacchus: 94

Meracle: 100

Sarah: 84

Myuria: 100

Arumat: 77

Battle trophy total: 784/900

Still at 41/47 trophies.  Main playthrough still at 434:44.  Faize playthrough at 63:45.

Great work with all the progress everyone, updated it :D.

Also Mayus what did you do to unlock so many BTs?

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Okm have fun with FFX.

Great work with all the progress everyone, updated it :D.

Also Mayus what did you do to unlock so many BTs?

I started doing the stupid misc ones. I got Bacchus' guarding ones (5) I got Sarah's HP absorb ones (5 or 6) I got Bacchus's stay in rush mode ones (5) I got all the absorb an element ones (that is like 10 on its own), Arumat's Taunt ones (3 or 4) etc. so yeah they were all easy to do but I just needed to do them :P

I started doing the stupid misc ones. I got Bacchus' guarding ones (5) I got Sarah's HP absorb ones (5 or 6) I got Bacchus's stay in rush mode ones (5) I got all the absorb an element ones (that is like 10 on its own), Arumat's Taunt ones (3 or 4) etc. so yeah they were all easy to do but I just needed to do them :P

Ok, I thought you did some colosseum battles and found a great way to combine a lot of BTs.