Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Well, with the Rain prep out of the way, I can finally start making progress.

I've promised a proper update after leaving Aeos, so:

Crew member #43 reporting:

I'll update too. I decided to grind out the Faize trophies in another playthrough, because I just wanted to proceed without fighting a lifetime's worth of bugs on Aeos.

Let the journey began, comrades

To the Ocean of Stars

20121105101431_original.gif

star fish, star fish, star fish. star fish star fish, star fish, star fish. star fish :awesome:

NemoStarfish.gif

I don't get it :|

20/47 Trophies - 631/900 Battle Trophies - 181:08 Hours

1/47 Trophies - 43/900 Battle Trophies - Playtime:8:08 Hours

I'll update too. I decided to grind out the Faize trophies in another playthrough, because I just wanted to proceed without fighting a lifetime's worth of bugs on Aeos.

7/47 Trophies - 144/900 Battle Trophies - 75:54 Hours

Awesome, added it to the OP.

Hooray!! All 9 endings achieved! :D Personally, I think Meracle's ending was my favorite; made me lol a few times! :P

Nice, congrats :yay:.

Let the journey began, comrades

To the Ocean of Stars

20121105101431_original.gif

Thank you comrade.  :facepalm:

Closest thing to a salute ^

Hooray!! All 9 endings achieved! :D Personally, I think Meracle's ending was my favorite; made me lol a few times! :P

Congrats! I think Lymle's Ending was my fav.

Awesome, added it to the OP.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Let's take a walk across the stars :hmm:

Through the vast ocean beyond other galaxies :D

Is this rope never ending.<--- <_<--- :(--- :blink:--- :awesome:--- :devil:--- :jaymon:--- :dunno:--- B) --- :yay:---> :platinum:      

Time to Work on some Battle Trophies for 400 plus hours :lol:

tumblr_m9d9juZqBw1r6q7tio1_500.gif

thy epic quest  :highfive:

tumblr_mlnunaQjP61qj5jqso1_400.gif

Edited by Titanic Balls

Oh man... I just spent the better part of 7 hours beating on the final boss over and over again, with no luck. I am kinda underleveled (43-47), but I figured I'd be able to beat it no problem like every other boss on Galaxy. I have everybody pretty well decked out, with Arumat as my main damage dealer. I'm getting about 200,000-300,000 per rush combo, but it's still not enough. Anybody got tips?

Oh man... I just spent the better part of 7 hours beating on the final boss over and over again, with no luck. I am kinda underleveled (43-47), but I figured I'd be able to beat it no problem like every other boss on Galaxy. I have everybody pretty well decked out, with Arumat as my main damage dealer. I'm getting about 200,000-300,000 per rush combo, but it's still not enough. Anybody got tips?

I was around level 80-85 and maintained control of Sarah during most of the fight; kept her in a corner away from the boss and just cast healing and support spells while everyone else did all the work. I also performed the occasional perfect rush combos using her light magic spells. I finished the fight in under 10 minutes.

I was around level 80-85 and maintained control of Sarah during most of the fight; kept her in a corner away from the boss and just cast healing and support spells while everyone else did all the work. I also performed the occasional perfect rush combos using her light magic spells. I finished the fight in under 10 minutes.

Oh, uh... wow. Looks like I need to grind a bit more.

I'm actually on my 9th attempt right now and I'm doing decently. I powerleveled my team to 55 or so and I'm keeping up a steady stream of healing while my beaters do their thing. I'll let you guys know how it goes in a bit.

Edit: YES! I DID IT!

Edited by ChallengerTGP
  • Like 1

I'm actually on my 9th attempt right now and I'm doing decently. I powerleveled my team to 55 or so and I'm keeping up a steady stream of healing while my beaters do their thing. I'll let you guys know how it goes in a bit.

Awesome, congrats! Yeah, I may have been overleveled during the story just a bit. I grinded levels early in the game and was level 78 when I reached Nox. It's actually good though cause the post-game monsters in the 7 Star Dungeon were still beating me up pretty good until around level 95-100.

Progress Report:

Edge - 14%
Reimi - 15%
Faize - 28%  Monster Kills - 26 (I've killed Barachiel, yay... Edge did most of the work, solo, and I must admit, I was pretty lucky to stop blindsiding in time - Barachiel had a miniscule amount of HP left, two Earth Claives did him in)
Lymle - 2%

2/47 Trophies - 59/900 Battle Trophies - Playtime:17:13 Hours

Also some viginettes. That's my way of getting annoying SO-related thoughts out of my head, and possibly amuse you all.

"Argh, she still keeps staring at me after battles! Why her eyes are so freaky?"
"Huh? Reimi's eyes are completely fine..."
"Nope, nope and nope. Your eyes are fine. Faize's eyes are fine. Maybe that's because she is a girl? I've heard the saying "eyes are the windows to the soul", but that doesn't mean that those windows must be huge and Furby's levels of creepy!"
"What is a Fur..."
"You better off not knowing."
Later, after Lymle joins the party:
"AH, IT'S EVEN WORSE!"

First time on Lemuris:
Edge was excited. A new, unfamilliar planet to explore! And they sure were lucky to land the Calnus so close to the settlement. Soon they will be able to contact the natives... Strangely, his excitement died shortly after he stepped onto the alien ground, and in its place, sadness and dread appeared. Wait a minute... this weren't his feelings...
"What now?"
"We were too late... The forest is burning... burning... there is no more holy power in these lands... Empire is destroying all..."
"Stop mumbling nonsense!"
"Oh. Pay me no heed. This land has brought back some unpleasant memories, that's all."
"That's no reason to drag me along! You can mope alone, if you wish."
"Sorry, I can't. After all, it's your head I'm stuck in. Either way, even if I didn't remember a thing, you would feel down soon enough anyway. I'm doing you a favor."
"What..."
"This planet reeks of death. And especially that village ahead of us - the whole place stinks. You may not feel it, but I do. Bad things will happen. When you'll understand, it will be too late."

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

Update: Got my 4th person to 100% and also got Arm's Addict, World's Biggest Welch Fan & Master Battler.

Edge 76 (+4)

Reimi 100

Faize 75

Lymle 100 (+11)

Bacchus 84 (+2)

Meracle 80 (+9)

Sarah 100 (+16)

Myuria 100 (+20)

Arumat 95 (+2)

44/47 Trophies - 810/900 Battle Trophies – 314:52 Hours

All I got left now is my Chaos run and 90 BT's. Everything else is done  :D

EDIT: And I never have to see the Ethereal Queen ever, ever, ever again!  :yay:

Edited by Mystvayne
  • Like 4

Congrats :yay:.

Progress Report:

Edge - 14%

Reimi - 15%

Faize - 28%  Monster Kills - 26 (I've killed Barachiel, yay... Edge did most of the work, solo, and I must admit, I was pretty lucky to stop blindsiding in time - Barachiel had a miniscule amount of HP left, two Earth Claives did him in)

Lymle - 2%

2/47 Trophies - 59/900 Battle Trophies - Playtime:17:13 Hours

Nice, you're starting to make some progress :P.

Update: Got my 4th person to 100% and also got Arm's Addict, World's Biggest Welch Fan & Master Battler.

Edge 76 (+4)

Reimi 100

Faize 75

Lymle 100 (+11)

Bacchus 84 (+2)

Meracle 80 (+9)

Sarah 100 (+16)

Myuria 100 (+20)

Arumat 95 (+2)

Awesome, nice work :yay:. You could be the next person to finish the epic quest :dance:.

Was it on Galaxy? For the other two difficulties you'll need to be between 55-100 (the higher the better) for the final form.

Damn good progress Myuria. Might have to get a bigger mansion for all of us

Right there with you, Kicked it with EQ way to many times and longest 1st encounter 1 1/2 hours -_-

Have you seen Gabe 15 plus times for grigori spawn B)  BFF = Gabe  :lol:

Image_0712-2058(COMPONENT)_m.jpg

Damn good progress Myuria. Might have to get a bigger mansion for all of us

Right there with you, Kicked it with EQ way to many times and longest 1st encounter 1 1/2 hours -_-

Have you seen Gabe 15 plus times for grigori spawn B)  BFF = Gabe  :lol:

Image_0712-2058(COMPONENT)_m.jpg

I've defeated him 5 times but that was for the feathers. Unfortunately Faize is still back at the phantom ambush  :( Will be going back to that save for the rest of Faize and Edge's BT's after I finish Bacchus, Meracle and Arumat. I should be very close to getting 8000 kills with Arumat.  :D

Honestly defeating Gabe 15+ times will be easy compared to hiking all the way to floor 20 in WD (which usually ended up in the game crashing around floor 16-18 losing hours of work) and then having to beat 6-wing EQ, cause damn she's mean!  :devil:

Honestly defeating Gabe 15+ times will be easy compared to hiking all the way to floor 20 in WD (which usually ended up in the game crashing around floor 16-18 losing hours of work) and then having to beat 6-wing EQ, cause damn she's mean!  :devil:

I thought the EQ spawns on every even floor after defeating her once?

I thought the EQ spawns on every even floor after defeating her once?

She does. But I was only able to kill her twice per run because I burned through most of my resurrection units and magical clay. She has an attack that wipes out your whole party and in 6 wing form she spams it like crazy. (At least she did with me). After killing her twice I would have to leave and restock. Also if you need to clear crystals on floor 19 (like I had to) you will have to do it again on 21 and 23 and so on as that floor repeats as well. I didn't have enough ring charges or disintegration stones left to do all the kills in one run.

I've defeated him 5 times but that was for the feathers. Unfortunately Faize is still back at the phantom ambush  :( Will be going back to that save for the rest of Faize and Edge's BT's after I finish Bacchus, Meracle and Arumat. I should be very close to getting 8000 kills with Arumat.  :D

It's not to bad and it is easier, but doing it 6 times in a row got my head spinning from running around the 7 stars dungeon :blink: .

Crush them BT's

so4_faize.jpg

Edited by Titanic Balls

Important Announcement:

The Guide of the Year Awards 2015 Nomination thread is up. So nominate your favourite guide from 2015, but read the OP first. Not every guide is eligible (the OP has a list of the ones you can choose from) and you need to give solid reasons for your nominations. The nomination thread stays open for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Update: 80% items created, 100% treasure chests found, and 75% BTs obtained. Made a pass through the WD yesterday. Not quite ready to meet EQ just yet; stopped at floor 18. Right now I'm working on item creation and remaining quests. Here are the new numbers xD

Edge - 86 (+10)
Reimi - 75 (+2)
Faize - 83
Lymle - 76 (+2)
Bacchus - 78 (+8)
Meracle - 60 (+7)
Sarah - 64 (+7)
Myuria - 67 (+2)
Arumat - 87 (+7)

36/47 Trophies - 676/900 Battle Trophies - 216:11 Hours

• Like 1

Well, I got my main team to level 72-74, and I took on the first floor of Seven Stars with ease. The bees are such ball busters though :/

EDIT: I'm at the 6th floor and the scumbags appeared. I couldn't help myself and grinded to 150 on all my chars.  :(

Edited by ChallengerTGP