Couch's quest to 150 completed games

Couch

Hello fellow trophy hunters/video game enthusiasts. I'm trying to get more involved in the community here and think a good way to do that is to ask for some help with my next goal.

My current goal is to get to 60% completion rate. I'm pretty close to that now and in the process of getting there, I've acquired quite a collection of completed games. I know this isn't something that is tracked by anyone here or isn't a trophy milestone but I like to set little goals like this for myself while enjoying my favorite hobby.

I'm currently at 144 completed games and would like to do something special for that 150th spot. This is where you folks come in. If y'all want to recommend a good game, hard game, silly game, please feel free to do so. It doesn't have to be a game on my account already. If it is something new, I'd like to price to not go higher than let's say $80.

With that being said, feel free to post your suggestions.

Suggestions so far:

Catherine

Heavy Rain

Beyond Two Souls

Bioshock Infinite

Mirror's Edge

Wipeout HD

StarOcean

Second Son

MGS4

Destiny

Guacamelee

BioShock

BioShock 2

Dead Space Extraction

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

Thanks in advance

the_couchster

Edited by the_couchster

Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls. Both very good games and for me they were very different to most other games I have played.  I am in UK so not sure on price but you should be able to pick them up somewhere for pretty cheap! Will you be keeping us updated on your progress?

Also, you can raise easily your kompletion by deleting those games with 0% :P

I thought I read somewhere that 0%s weren't factored into your statistics?

Anyway, I would suggest Bioshock Infinite. I did it on my Xbox, but I'm pretty sure the lists are the same. Not only does this game have a great story and fantastic dlc (well, 2 out of three of them), but completing some of the harder challenges was just so satisfying.

I believe that is correct that 0% games are not counted. If they were my percentage would be terrible lol. And yes I would update with progress as I get to the 150 and once I complete that 150th.

Updated the op with the games suggested so far. Once I get a few more in there, I may make a poll and see what the winner is...or you a RNG.

So some pros and cons for the games suggested so far.

Pros

Catherine - Nice ultra rare plat for the 150th. I enjoy puzzle/plat-formers and this looks like it would be pretty tough.

Heavy Rain - Don't know much about it, but I do enjoy games where the story changes based on the decisions you make. Sounds like a fun game.

Beyond Two Souls - Sounds similar to Heavy Rain, but has a more rare platinum

BioShock Infinite - FPS which is probably the area where I excel the most at. Already own thanks to PS plus

Cons

Catherine - To hard to finish?

Heavy rain - Don't see any at the moment

Beyond Two Souls - Don't see any at the moment

Bioshock Infinite - 3 DLC packages

I'd suggest Mirror's Edge, WipEout HD, or Vanquish. All 3 of them present a challenge to complete.

I thought I read somewhere that 0%s weren't factored into your statistics?

I believe that is correct that 0% games are not counted. If they were my percentage would be terrible lol.

Yes, that is correct

I'd suggest Mirror's Edge, WipEout HD, or Vanquish. All 3 of them present a challenge to complete.

Yes, that is correct

Thanks for the suggestions. Mirror's edge sounds like a pretty cool game. I "own" Wipeout thanks to ps plus so that is definitely an option. Vanquish is already sitting on my nice little trophy shelf....stupid bogeys

Star Ocean is a pretty respectable game for a milestone. It is currently a 0.98% Ultra Rare plat. There are also a lot of other people going for it right now, so you could join them.

I think Star Ocean would need to be for something more special like maybe 100th plat. I'll think about it but with it taking onwards of 400 hours to compete, I think it would take to long to do and I would pass the 150th mark. Well that is unless I play other games but leave 1 silly easy trophy and pop a crap load of plats/100%s after finishing it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Second Son, MGS4, Destiny and Guacamelee would make good 150th plats.

I just started Second Son and yes it is fun, I don't think it lives up to the hype. I couldn't put Infamous 2 done when playing that. MGS4 is definitely on the to do list seeing were getting 5 free next month. I also started playing guacamelee recently and enjoyed it, but again, it didn't get me stoked while playing it. Destiny is a great deal of fun but I only play that game when my brother is around so I don't think I could time that to be the 150th. Thanks for the suggestions.

Updated the Original post with the list of new suggestions. I'll wait for one more suggestion so it's an even 12 games to choose from and then make the poll. Thanks everyone so far that has made a recommendation.

Thanks for the suggestions. Mirror's edge sounds like a pretty cool game. I "own" Wipeout thanks to ps plus so that is definitely an option. Vanquish is already sitting on my nice little trophy shelf....stupid bogeys

I think Star Ocean would need to be for something more special like maybe 100th plat. I'll think about it but with it taking onwards of 400 hours to compete, I think it would take to long to do and I would pass the 150th mark. Well that is unless I play other games but leave 1 silly easy trophy and pop a crap load of plats/100%s after finishing it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Congrats on beating challenge 6 in Vanquish. And yeah I agree, stupid bogeys.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I just started Second Son and yes it is fun, I don't think it lives up to the hype. I couldn't put Infamous 2 done when playing that. MGS4 is definitely on the to do list seeing were getting 5 free next month. I also started playing guacamelee recently and enjoyed it, but again, it didn't get me stoked while playing it. Destiny is a great deal of fun but I only play that game when my brother is around so I don't think I could time that to be the 150th. Thanks for the suggestions.

Updated the Original post with the list of new suggestions. I'll wait for one more suggestion so it's an even 12 games to choose from and then make the poll. Thanks everyone so far that has made a recommendation.

Have you considered platting the original Bioshock? It is an iconic game, it still plays really well and it's tougher than Bioshock 2. Not saying Bioshock 2 is a bad game, it's on my platinum goals for 2015 after all, it just made things a bit too easy. Also I see you beat 3/4 Dead Space games with platinums, have you considered Dead Space: Extraction as a plat, you could go for, on your way to the 150th? You really do need to play with the PS Eye for the best experience though. Any of the Borderlands games, would also make a good 150th platinum. Particularly Borderlands 2, since it's a great game.

Congrats on beating challenge 6 in Vanquish. And yeah I agree, stupid bogeys.

Thank you sir. I still can still them bombarding me with missiles and lasers...damn near flipped my lid when I finished that game.

Have you considered platting the original Bioshock? It is an iconic game, it still plays really well and it's tougher than Bioshock 2. Not saying Bioshock 2 is a bad game, it's on my platinum goals for 2015 after all, it just made things a bit too easy. Also I see you beat 3/4 Dead Space games with platinums, have you considered Dead Space: Extraction as a plat, you could go for, on your way to the 150th? You really do need to play with the PS Eye for the best experience though. Any of the Borderlands games, would also make a good 150th platinum. Particularly Borderlands 2, since it's a great game.

I just want to clarify that this isn't 150 plats that I'm going for. Its 150 completed games. I haven't considered playing the original bioshock. I have the next two in the franchise but haven't played them either. That's a good suggestion as I want to do the other two and starting out with the first is probably the best way to go. And yes I want to do dead space extraction. I owned it on the wii and the wife and I played it a lot. Can't get myself to pick it up on the PS3 though. Started it but it's not fun playing with the dualshock and we only have one PlayStation Move controller. I also own both Borderlands but this is my least favorite FPS. I know I'll get a lot of hate from that lol but I just can't get into them.

I'll add these latest games to the suggestion list and make the poll....well if I can figure out how to do so.

Polls up. Thanks folks

Edited by the_couchster

STAR OCEAN 4!!!!

You're a Monster

- Gingersnap

I'll be leaving the poll up until I get to game 148. Then I can pickup the "winning" game and get to work on it. Thanks to everyone who has voted/suggested titles so far. Game 145 will be Madden 11. Only a few more Madden moments and a couple trophies to grab during cleanup.

Yeah i changed my vote as it would seem cruel to make you do SO4, especially as its not a milestone on your profile, save that to Platinum #100 :P

Gone with Second Son instead, heard its a pretty good game :D

You didn't need to change your vote but thanks lol. By the time I get to the 100th plat, you may still be working on it so...... B)

I say MGS4, It's meant to be a amazing game and a great challenge too plat it

I don't think you actually voted. I definitely look forward to the challenge. I've played the first three on ps1 and ps2. Look forward to the 4th and the 5th (thanks to plus).

I know I recommended Infinite earlier, but I went for the original Bioshock. It's definitely a fantastic game and it looks like a community event to play the game is just starting up. It looks like they got a lot of people going to be starting it over the next few days/weeks.

Plat #64 and 145th completed game was Madden 11.

Now a little info on the game that will eventually be my demise...CSI conspiracy. I played this game when I first got my PS3. A trophy glitched on me and I've been sitting at 24/26 trophies for the longest time. I came across a post that had a walkaround by creating a new user on the ps3 and getting the trophy and then deleting your current user and then synching the trophies. Well I did this over the weekend and now I'm at 25/26 but 100% on the game so it counted at my 146th completed game, however it should be my 65th plat....but no plat popped :(. I will try the new user/get plat/delete normal user/signup new user with my account/sync trophies one more time throughout the week. If it doesn't pop the plat that game will be getting a beat down...

• 4 weeks later...

Over the last couple weeks, I've finished off CSI, The order 1886, and Closure to make 148 completed games. I'm currently finishing up hohokum for 149. Once that is finished I will close the poll, and pick up the winning game and keep everyone updated while playing it. Currently in the lead is heavy Rain.

Well I finished up #149 last night. Hohokum. Interesting little game. Destroyed that speed run with 47.04 on the clock. I looked at the poll and we have a three-way tie between Heavy rain, bioshock and star ocean. I will leave the poll up until I leave from work in about an hour. If there isn't a winner at that time....Random number Generator will pick it out of the three.

Thanks everyone who has voted!

For those of you still following this thread, I want to give a status update. I picked up Bioshock but it was a 12 GB download so it took nearly two days to install because I was using the system and don't like leaving it on overnight. I started it Friday evening and trophy wise I'm at 28%. I'll probably get some hate for this but I'm not really a fan of the game so far. It has so much going on for it, kinda making it overwhelming. I haven't looked at the trophy list yet as I like to enjoy the game the first time through and pick up the remaining trophies on my second run. Without giving out to much spoiler information, I just finished up a section where you have to place the 4 photos on the statue and am heading to "meet" Andrew Ryan.

While Bioshock was downloading I finished up Specops the line except one trophy. Yesterday afternoon, bc well I'm a trophy Wh$r#, I grabbed the last trophy and the plat which made it my 150th. I'll still be working on bioshock as my main game but when I get bored I'll be working on some online trophies or my 5 death run on Limbo. I'll give a status update next week.

Thanks

Couch