We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

Nicely done man!

I'm only on about 600k having spent way too much gold at the start of the game unnecessarily upgrading my weapons and armour...  :blink:

Did you manage to collect that much gold while level grinding?

Thanks man! Just equipped the Aeolus Urn+ and left the vita open with an elastic on the right stick during the days I wasn't playing man!

Ok so after getting the shits with the two bosses in this checkpoint and taking a break for a week, I came back on and realised that only one member of my party was attacking. Have realised that if you pinch the back of the vita you can somehow change the attack mode of the party from offensive to evasive.

Anyway got through the first boss fight first go and will try to knock the other one out tonight or tomorrow

Ok so after getting the shits with the two bosses in this checkpoint and taking a break for a week, I came back on and realised that only one member of my party was attacking. Have realised that if you pinch the back of the vita you can somehow change the attack mode of the party from offensive to evasive.

Anyway got through the first boss fight first go and will try to knock the other one out tonight or tomorrow

I didn't realise the second boss could heal himself so he almost killed me I got there eventually.

I'm using a party of that guy everyone seems to hate, frieda and the pink girl. Mainly because I need to level up their skills.

• Like 1

I didn't realise the second boss could heal himself so he almost killed me I got there eventually.

I'm using a party of that guy everyone seems to hate, frieda and the pink girl. Mainly because I need to level up their skills.

Any idea when the next checkpoint will be revealed? And are you going to use the same checkpoints for a second playthrough? 

Any idea when the next checkpoint will be revealed? And are you going to use the same checkpoints for a second playthrough? 

I'll probably put the next checkpoint up on Friday. This one was really long so just making sure people can catch up.

Might as well keep the same checkpoints on a second playthrough feel free to make suggestions to any changes though.

I'll probably put the next checkpoint up on Friday. This one was really long so just making sure people can catch up.

Might as well keep the same checkpoints on a second playthrough feel free to make suggestions to any changes though.

Ok, I guess it'll take 2-3 more checkpoints before the first playthrough is over.

I recommend to get to lvl 60 (max lvl) before passing the point of no return on the first playthrough and get an ultimate weapon + armour for Adol, Karna, and Frieda. During the 2nd playthrough on Nightmare people will have a lot more knowledge and the only tricky parts are the bosses. Maxing out Adol's Aura Fencer and Stun something (forgot the name) will make boss fights a lot easier. So suggestions are:

• checkpoint #1 finish Comodo + Selray
  • checkpoint #2 reach Highland
  • checkpoint #3 reach Forest of Spores
  • checkpoint #4 complete Mt. Vesuvio: Snowy Peak and Lake Tolmes Ruins
  • checkpoint #5 open the Temple of the Sun and beat the boss
  • checkpoint #6 reach the point of no return or just complete the game
  • checkpoint #7 beat Boss Rush and get the plat

Starting to suspect we did this checkpoint too far away, but keep at this guys, I want 2/3 people to make the checkpoint before i'm happy to set another as I don't want people giving up feeling they are too far behind.

You'll be happy to know I've passed that checkpoint a long, long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away... :P).

I have noticed an error in the complementary guide, it says there are 4 resource points in the sacred beast lair when there are actually 6.

I'll check it out.

Checkpoint 8 finally completed. 

Map: 94.5%

Memories: 97.2%

Harvest Points: 91.2%

Treasure Chests: 72.3%

Sorry it took to long, I'm gonna do some side-quests and find the rest of the chests and harvest points in the mean time.

Edited by NullRay85

Checked it and you're right, changed it to 6 RP. Thnx for mentioning it.

Whilst hunting for missing harvest points I noticed that the nameless ruins has 3 rock not 2, the east most one is actually two one behind the other if you look at the screen shot closely.  Also forest of dawn west 2 has 4 rocks not 3, looks like you just miscounted.

Whilst hunting for missing harvest points I noticed that the nameless ruins has 3 rock not 2, the east most one is actually two one behind the other if you look at the screen shot closely.  Also forest of dawn west 2 has 4 rocks not 3, looks like you just miscounted.

Damn you're right, I didn't notice those were 2 rocks.

Edit: nevermind, found the 4th rock in FoD West 2.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Added a credit to you in the guide for your help :).

Checkpoint 9 - Enter Temple of the Sun

Completing Colonia Artefact Lab and opening the Temple of the Sun:

1. After completing Colonia Artefact Labbuy information #8 in Casnan and   :bronze: Heard It All should unlock.
  2. After completing CALdo tickling session #7 and #8.   :bronze: Tickled Pink will unlock.
  3. Opening the Temple of the Sun unlocks  :bronze: Beyond Lies Your Goal.
  4. If you have explored everything up to now (including the Nameless Ruin and the area with Foria Daros in the Forest of the Dawn) you should have 100% of the map uncovered as soon as you enter the Temple of the Sun and  :gold: Master Cartographer should unlock. Don't forget to report your progress to Griselda in Casnan.
  5. After opening the Temple of the Sun, a boss fight starts. After beating that boss, the side quest Happy Present becomes available in Selray. Be sure to have 3 Marl Flowers, 3 Yupel Flowers, 3 Libra Flowers, and 3 Celceta Flowers so you can get all 4 missable rewards for   :silver: All The Things.
  6. After beating the boss in the temple and all 3 weapon testing quests, the side quest Legendary Weapon becomes available in Selray. You must do this and give 3 Sun Stones to create 3 ultimate weapons and craft the remaining 3 weapons during NG+. Sun Stones don't carry over, so you must do them to get all 6 of them in 2 playthroughs. Sun Stones are found in
    • the Colonia Artefact Lab
    • Namess Ruin in Forest of the Dawn (requires Beast King's Claws)
    • Iris Gold Trial (you still have to enter this area)
  7. After beating the boss in the temple, the last batch of side quests will unlock, Succesfully completing them will also unlock   :silver: Philanthropist.
Edited by Superbuu3