We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

I've also reached checkpoint 4. That said, I accidentally went a little bit further than I was meant to - my plan was to play up to earning the trophy Closer to the Truth :bronze: but for whatever reason, I didn't see it pop! With this in mind, I don't think I'm that much further. Although I gained another memory, I haven't reached the next town or anything.

My stats are:

Map completion 51.9 %
Memories found 44.4%
Chests found 37.5%
Harvest points 61.1%
Item completion 35.2%

(They're obviously a little bit higher because I played more than I was supposed to!)

Checkpoints 2 and 3 finished. Just to keep the discussion alive, I wanted to discuss my opinions on the game so far.

1. Thoughts on the amnesia as a plot device in this game?

It's not the most original thing in JRPGs, but I'm interested in learning more about Adol's past.

2. Thoughts on Adol and Duren? (don't worry if you don't have many this is more to see how our opinions change on them)

Adol is your typical, rather silent hero and Duran is your strong, rational friend. Their partnership is pretty much mutual, Adol wants his memories and Duran wants money, so it's 50-50. 

3. Favourite Character so far?

I gotta say my favorite is Adol so far, I'm still not sure about Duran since he's in it just for the money. I'll just have to wait and see.

4. Thoughts on General Leo? Do you think he'll prove to be an ally or a hindrance in the long run?

He's just comic relief. It's kind of obvious he's your competitive ally, but I hope he'll prove useful later on.

5. Thoughts on the combat system? Who have you been using most?

I haven't played a JRPG like this before, so it's refreshing to try something new. I've been equally using Adol to beat enemies and Duran for the treasure chests.

6. How did you find the first boss fight in the mines?

It was a good warm-up for what to expect later on.

7. Do you like the art style/graphics?

The art-style is pretty neat and colorful. The graphics are good, despite some so-so character models. Though, visuals take second place compared to gameplay.

Overall, it's great so far!  :D

Edited by NullRay85

By the way, sorry all. I'll try to reach checkpoint 4 and update soon.

He was talking only in regards to the amnesia as that was the question he was answering.

I'm actually playing this right now trying to get to checkpoint 4. Hopefully we can all get  to the checkpoint soon and move things along, the est of this will go quicker that checkpoint had to be huge to compensate for the branching.

• Like 1

OK in the sacred beast lair there's a chest i didn't get.

I suspect its behind this stack of rocks I can break, but Ozma left the party so i'll need to go back for it later. Or am I mistaken. Its in the bit where the water current pushes you back the first time you see a water current in the sacred beast lair.

OK in the sacred beast lair there's a chest i didn't get.

I suspect its behind this stack of rocks I can break, but Ozma left the party so i'll need to go back for it later. Or am I mistaken. Its in the bit where the water current pushes you back the first time you see a water current in the sacred beast lair.

I'll add this location to the guide too.

Yeah, you have to break every single rock besides one to get into a little nook. When you break the last one it resets all the blocks and you can break like normal to make the bridge.

Thanks a lot :D, it was bugging me because I wasn't sure if I should smash them all or not incase it messed up something D:

NetEntity has joined the group so i'm glad to say we got more members :D

• Like 1

Okay, I've fully cleared checkpoint 2 and currently doing cleanup for checkpoint 3 - Ancient Burrow and Sacred Beast Lair are completed, only need to get some missables, revisit Casnan and move the story further. After that I'll immidiately go towards Primeval Lands.

Detailed status, notes, etc. will be posted tomorrow, as soon as I'll reach checkpoint 4.

Okay, I've fully cleared checkpoint 2 and currently doing cleanup for checkpoint 3 - Ancient Burrow and Sacred Beast Lair are completed, only need to get some missables, revisit Casnan and move the story further. After that I'll immidiately go towards Primeval Lands.

Detailed status, notes, etc. will be posted tomorrow, as soon as I'll reach checkpoint 4.

Nice work :yay:.

I would recommend going to Comodo to complete teh quest for the artisan if you do that you can make higher tier accessories. These can prove to be helpful.

I made rings with +2 skill point bonus and something that gave me SP while i walked. Makes maxing skills easy and allows to use them almost constantly.

I would recommend going to Comodo to complete teh quest for the artisan if you do that you can make higher tier accessories. These can prove to be helpful.

I made rings with +2 skill point bonus and something that gave me SP while i walked. Makes maxing skills easy and allows to use them almost constantly.

If you think that's fast, wait until you get Skill Ring IV. That ring nets you 5 skill xp every time you use a skill.

If you think that's fast, wait until you get Skill Ring IV. That ring nets you 5 skill xp every time you use a skill.

Actually I wanted to ask you, is it possible to unlock more than 4 skills for each characters at this point in the game?

Nope, Skill Ring IV is the highest and in case you're wondering: no, they don't stack, so it's no use equipping more than 1 Skill Ring.

I meant as in skills for each character I have R1 + each face button, will i get a 5th and 6th skill to swap in later and if so will i unlock them anytime soon?