We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

I know some people will be worried about the new checkpoint. The reason for this is the last checkpoint left us in the middle of a quest unable to explore the map. This checkpoint will give you freedom to go wherever you want again.

Checkpoint 6 - Complete The Highland Event

Missables:

Completing Highland event:

1. Purchasing Silver Ingots (Keep haggling until the merchant offers you a Hammer Beak to sweeten the deal, then accept it) becomes available in Highland, completing this one will also unlock  :bronze: Touche, Salesman.
  2. Unleashing Artefacts becomes available in Highland, after completing that you can upgrade artefacts. When you have the Aeolus Urn, upgrade it immediately.
  3. You can find Mishy in Highland to start   :bronze: Mishy Masher.
  4. Buy information #5 in Casnan
  5. Tickling session #4 in Selray
  6. Second Weapon Testing side quest becomes available in Selray

Discussion points will be made after people reach checkpoint 6 and will cover checkpoints 4-6.

Since I haven't played a Ys game before and don't know how the gameplay works, I chose easy. However, I'm thinking on tackling Nightmare after we're finished.

-Spoilers-

1. Did you go to Comodo or Selray First?

I went to Comodo first since it was the closest location to me.  :P I appreciate the option of which area to tackle first though.

2. Thoughts on Ozma and Karna?

Ozma is a pretty neutarl and straightforward guy and Karna is kind, yet skilled hunter. Overall, I like them both.

3. Who's your current favourite character and has it changed?

Its still Adol, but Karna has a neat play-style and good skills, so its both of them.

4. Which character are you using for combat most? Which character are you using for enemies with no weakness and bosses?

I'm using Adol the most, but I like to change every while. I would say Duran since he's a hard-hitter and finish off most enemies quickly.

5. What did you think of the intro of both towns being almost identical?

They're both similar. Its like bad fortune is following Adol.

6. Do you like how we have flashbacks before entering each village?

Yeah, it gives you an idea of what to expect.

7. Did you have any idea who the masked enemies might be? Did the masked warriors blocking the entrance to Ancient Burrow tough?

No, but they are obviously up to no good. Nope, I just wasted them all the moment the battle started. :D 

8. Did you enjoy the two boss fights in Ancient Burrow (The giant bee Melldrabie and the bug that rolls into a ball Glucarius)?

They were both OK. Though, that giant bee was kind of annoying when trying to hit.

9. What do you think of Remnos and how he hid his abilities? Do you think Karna had a right to be annoyed?

He was a pretty OP hunter. Yes, but she should be happy that her brother is a powerful warrior. I think the reason why he hid them from her was probably to protect her.

10. What did you think of Forest labyrinth and Misty peak with the repeating screens?

Obviously confusing as hell and a drag. 

11.  What did you think was happening in Selray when you heard about the poison?

​Everyone's gonna blame Adol for it because he was the last person to visit Selray. 

12. Did you prefer the Ancient burrow or Sacred Beasts lair dungeon?

Definatly Ancient Borrow. Sacred Beasts Lair was confusing and tiring, reminded me a lot of The Water Temple from Ocarina of Time.

13. Did you enjoy the serpent boss (Volnake) and the fish boss (Angoraboras)?

Yeah, they were good.

14. Did the actual source of the poisoning surprise you?

Yes, it was a surprise plot-twist. 

15. Thoughts on Bami (sexy sorceress) and Gadis (the walking tank). What do you think they are planning?

They are your standard henchmen. Bami is the smart and attractive one (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) and Gadis is the typical brute. I don't know what they're planning with those "experiments" of theirs, but it's no good.

Edited by NullRay85

Checkpoint 3 Discussion Points:

Normal difficulty

1. Did you goto Comodo or Selray First?

Comodo, probably because I had just been playing Far Cry 3 and slaying some Komodo dragons.

Ozama seems a trustworthy / truthful character who is learning to live with the burden of responsibility from a young age. His self doubt and insecurity screams to be released from under his rugged mane of blonde hair and chiseled physique.  Karna strikes me as a wild woman, hairy legged, foul mouthed and with possible bisexual tendencies after a few beverages (I called it first if the plot takes this tangent)

Adol ....... it's the hair, just can't get past the hair.

4. Which character are you using for combat most? Which character are you using for enemies with no weakness and bosses?

Duran, mainly to get that significant playing with him time. Also I think he enjoys being handled roughly which my deficient skills encourage.

Doesn't worry me, I have to be told things numerous times anyway because I'm special.

Yes, good way to move narrative.

7. Did you have any idea who the masked enemies might be? Did the masked warriors blocking the entrance to Ancient Burrow tough?

No, was as surprised as Adol. Didn't find them to difficult to dispose of.

8. Did you enjoy the two boss fights in Ancient Burrow (The giant bee Melldrabie and the bug that rolls into a ball Glucarius)?

Yes, relatively little trouble, would like to think I am improving but feel they were significantly easier than earlier boss.

9. What do you think of Remnos and how he hid his abilities? Do you think Karna had a right to be annoyed?

Was a good twist, I think Karna over reacted but then she may have been a little sexually frustrated and let it cloud her judgement.

10. What did you think of Forest labyrinth and Misty peak with the repeating screens?

F@&*ked.  My level of frustration for these sort of things mandates that I have to cheat and look up a guide. General life has enough repetitive crap without trying to figure out stupid mazes in a game.

11. What did you think was happening in Selray when you heard about the poison?

To be honest I thought someone upstream may have been producing some psychedelic drugs that had discharged into the water. Again possibly to much Far Cry.

12. Did you prefer the Ancient burrow or Sacred Beasts lair dungeon?

Sacred Beasts lair

13. Did you enjoy the serpent boss (Volnake) and the fish boss (Angoraboras)?

Volnake more than Angoraboras

14. Did the actual source of the poisoning surprise you?

More disappointed me was hoping to find some sort of drug field with a flamethrower near by and a reggae track on loop.

15. Thoughts on Bami (sexy sorceress) and Gadis (the walking tank). What do you think they are planning?

Something nasty, but not so shocking I would expect to see it on Redtube.
  • Like 3

Normal difficulty

1. Did you goto Comodo or Selray First?

Comodo, probably because I had just been playing Far Cry 3 and slaying some Komodo dragons.

15. Thoughts on Bami (sexy sorceress) and Gadis (the walking tank). What do you think they are planning?

Something nasty, but not so shocking I would expect to see it on Redtube.

Lol these 2 answers :lol:, we have a winner.

Lol these 2 answers :lol:, we have a winner.

NAH... this one's best so far IMO

Ozama seems a trustworthy / truthful character who is learning to live with the burden of responsibility from a young age. His self doubt and insecurity screams to be released from under his rugged mane of blonde hair and chiseled physique.  Karna strikes me as a wild woman, hairy legged, foul mouthed and with possible bisexual tendencies after a few beverages (I called it first if the plot takes this tangent)

Checkpoint 6 Reached ^_^

Got all missables mentioned.. Current record:

Map Completion: 56.9% 57.6% I accidentally entered Table Something

memories found: 52.7%

Chests: 47.3% 48.2%

Harvest: 63.9%

Item: 56.9%

Material: 75.6%

Monster: 48.3% *whistling* accidentally killed 1 new monster type in Tables something

Quest: 52.6%

Edited by JeieeM

Checkpoint 6 Reached ^_^

Got all missables mentioned.. Current record:

Map Completion: 56.9% I accidentally entered Table Something

Chests: 47.3%

Harvest: 63.9%

Item: 56.9%

Material: 75.6%

Monster: 48.3% *whistling* accidentally killed 1 new monster type in Tables something

Did you get the Aeolus Urn and upgraded it?

Checkpoint 6:

Map Completion: 57.2% ( i don't know why i have more i didn't go anyywhere new :hmm:
Chests: 48.2%
Harvest: 63.6%
Item: 53.1%
Material: 77.0% (I made some stuff so i could upgrade all artifacts)
Monster: 47.7%

Animals charmed 19/24

Edited by Superbuu3

Hmm I'll run around and fix that in a bit i guess its easy now i got the golden wing.

Did you get those 3 animals in stable in Danan? 

Yep... Of course I did...great source of income ^_^

Nice, now onwards to 1,000,000 gold :highfive:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Checkpoint 6:

Map Completion: 57.2% ( i don't know why i have more i didn't go anyywhere new :hmm:

Chests: 47.3% (I found the missing one i forgot i left it in sacred beast lair)

xD found my missing map percentages.. Missed some edges in Forests... My map percentage now bumped to 57.6%

Uh oh... Noticed that I missed 2 chests in my map therefore my chests bumped as well to 48.2% it seems you are missing 2 chests xD

I've finished Checkpoint 6. Got all missables and done all sidequests. Also found Mishy in Comodo, Selray and Casnan and upgraded all artifacts.

Because I didn't explore, my stats haven't changed much, but I'll post them anyway:

Map: 57.8 %

Memories: 52.7 %

Chests: 47.7%

Harvest Points: 63.9%

Items: 54.8% 

Materials: 75.6%

Monsters: 47.7% 

Quests: 52.6%

Party stats are the same.

1. Did you go to Comodo or Selray first?

Comodo. I've heard that Selray bosses are troublesome and decided that a few extra levels won't hurt.

Story-wise, I prefer calm, rational Ozma to the chipper, trigger-happy Karna. Never was a fan of overly optimistic characters. She is still nice to have around though. Gameplay-wise, for me Karna is better than Ozma, because spear just can't compete with knives. Especially poisoned knives.  

Nah, still Duren.

4. Which character are you using for combat most? Which character are you using for enemies with no weakness and bosses?

Adol and Duren. Until the Tower I've mostly used Adol, but in the Tower I've used Duren almost exclusively. 

This irked me at first, but then I've remembered the whole "harbringer of disaster" deal, and, well, I don't mind if this becomes a running gag.

It was a good way to explore the villages in the way that actually makes sense story-wise.

7. Did you have any idea who the masked enemies might be? Did the masked warriors blocking the entrance to Ancient Burrow tough?

Only after I've seen certain somebody's hair during the Comodo attack, everything became clear. Warriors took some time to knock out, but I've just defeated them from the distance using Karna's knives.

Melldrabie was very easy to beat. Glucarius was faster and trickier, but not by much. I did enjoy Flash Moving his rolls though.

9. What do you think of Remnos and how he hid his abilities? Do you think Karna had a right to be annoyed?

She has the full right to be annoyed. At first I've thought that Remnos was quite nice, but after all the "revelations"... nah. He deserves a beating.

10. What did you think of Forest labyrinth and Misty peak with the repeating screens?

They didn't hinder me. The right sequences of turns were easy to pinpoint. 

11. What did you think was happening in Selray when you heard about the poison?

I've thought that somebody went upstream and poured the poison in the river. I didn't think that it was Ozma... or that the cause was "natural".

12. Did you prefer the Ancient burrow or Sacred Beasts Lair dungeon?

Ancient Burrow. I've felt that Sacred Beast' Lair was more boring.

13. Did you enjoy the serpent boss (Volnake) and the fish boss (Angoraboras)?

Volnake was laughably easy to kill and Angoraboras was boring. Really boring. Really really boring. 

14. Did the actual source of the poisoning surprise you?

Well, as I wasn't able to predict the source correctly, so yes. I sure didn't expect to meet Gadis there.

They aren't that outstanding, but they are rather interesting to observe. I have a vague idea about their plans, but I'll wait for now.  

Edited by NetEntity

Just a heads up to people if you get the urn that dragon mentioned that we should enhance, after you got that is probably the best time to explore and try to clean up your map as you'll generate case just as you run around.

Hey guys

I've been following your progress closely as I'm also playing Y's. According to your last checkpoint I'm still ahead of you so I'll just wait until you guys have reached me then I'll play along.    :)

Cool, always nice to have more people joining :D

EDIT: The 0.4% on my map seems to be more elusive than I though.

Edited by Superbuu3

EDIT: The 0.4% on my map seems to be more elusive than I though.

Can you post screenshots from the world map? I might be able to spot where you need to go.

Edit: if you take the screenshots, please go to the warp menu first so all the resource points aren't shown.

Edited by Dragon-Archon