FIFA Women World Cup 2015

GoldenShaka

• 3 extra points if the competitor predict the whole list of 16 teams.

Question: does this mean extra points for the exact prediction in the right order, or simply name all teams that will advance regardless of how?

Hoooo...h!  xD

Fixed.

I' ve never seen a FIFA Women World Cup, maybe because my country is horrible at Women football, i remember that the U-20 2008 Womens Cup was here, USA win, but the people weren't excited of it. Im, not only me, all my country is excited for the 2015 Copa America, and the matchs have been awesome! I almost get a heart attack in the match with Mexico  xD, 3-3! I hope my country wins this Cup, because it would be the first time. Like a said, im not so good at Womens football, so people who knows a lot from this, wich are the big teams? I know USA, Japan and Sweden are big teams

Edited by DarkEye_333

I' ve never seen a FIFA Women World Cup, maybe because my country is horrible at Women football, i remember that the U-20 2008 Womens Cup was here, USA win, but the people weren't excited of it. Im, not only me, all my country is excited for the 2015 Copa America, and the matchs have been awesome! I almost get a heart attack in the match with Mexico  xD, 3-3! I hope my country wins this Cup, because it would be de first time. Like a said, im not so good at Womens football, so people who knows a lot from this, wich are the big teams? I now USA, Japan and Sweden are big teams

Well, besides those teams you mentioned. Germany and France are doing good. For America you have Colombia which is getting through the next stage but it's not strong enough to get Final.

Question: does this mean extra points for the exact prediction in the right order, or simply name all teams that will advance regardless of how?

Fixed.

Good question, I decided to give extra points for first and second place and then for the four thirds, but considering contestant had time to check every group halfway the 3 extra points will be added only if the contestant get 16 teams based on 12 (1st and 2nd) teams - no matter the order - plus the four thirds.

I just updated the Totals for the First Stage. :)

We have some great Match-ups for the Group of 16:

China vs Cameroon

Japan vs Netherlands

Germany vs Sweden

Norway vs England 

Edited by GoldenShaka

...and in comes South Korea! Very good game! Well deserved win.

And Sweden managed to advance at last, thanks to Brazil. I hope they get their act together now at last, and at least gives Germany a fight.

Fun to see that 8 current players from my old hometown club FC Rosengård* is in world cup now, namely Therese SjögranEmma BerglundAmanda IlestedtLina NilssonAli RileyAnja Mittag, Ramona Bachman and Marta da Silva :)

(*å i pronounced like the "o" in Mordor. å can also be spelled aa)

I' ve never seen a FIFA Women World Cup, maybe because my country is horrible at Women football, i remember that the U-20 2008 Womens Cup was here, USA win, but the people weren't excited of it. Im, not only me, all my country is excited for the 2015 Copa America, and the matchs have been awesome! I almost get a heart attack in the match with Mexico  xD, 3-3! I hope my country wins this Cup, because it would be the first time. Like a said, im not so good at Womens football, so people who knows a lot from this, wich are the big teams? I know USA, Japan and Sweden are big teams

Germany big time. And those teams are pretty much it. Sweden hasn't been so good this time.

Brazil always offer good resistance, but rarely becomes a contender for the top.

It is no wonder you haven't seen a women world cup football game since the sport is not all that big and almost all top teams are from Europe.

Here is the FIFA women's ranking: http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/women/index.html

Edited by Guenter_G

Are we guessing full-time score or score after eventual penalties/over-time?

Germany 3-1 Sweden

China 1-1 Cameroon (Cameroon is the winner)

Good question. Final score (after penalties/over-time). Let's say my Germany 3 - 2 Sweden is based on: Tied 2 -2 After 90 min and Germany wins on Overtime.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Guess it's too late to be in this little game, but for my own record I venture to bet on a victory for Sweden. Not saying it is the most probable, just that it is possible ^_^ Either way I guess the score will be 3-1.

Edited by Guenter_G

Guess it's too late to be in this little game, but for my own record I venture to bet on a victory for Sweden. Not saying it is the most probable, just that it is possible ^_^ Either way I guess the score will be 3-1.

You were on time.

You can post the results for the other matches also.

Midsummer eve party was a blast, Sweden went out like a turd, I'm tired of sitting up in the night and now the TV company who owns the rights here have changed the scheduling for all matches, and they are now almost only sent on an über budget channel of theirs that I don't have. So I have kinda lost this.

Did think China, Brazil and France would win with 1-0, 2-0 and dunno respectively. Mostly note for future reference.

Believe in Canada next up. Say 2-1 to them.