FIFA Women World Cup 2015

GoldenShaka

Ok, enough is Enough. Too much sexism in here.  :comp:
I've been waiting for a game for Women world cup in the same that there was one game for other competitions.
Even today, a fellow gamer started one for Copa America :/. 

Well, talking seriously now. Besides the obvious fact that probably more than 70% of the forum don't care about the cup, I think that probably the hardest thing to make a game about this competition is that we get scores like this (Germany 10 vs Cote D'ivoire 0 or Cameroon 6 vs  Ecuador 0).

So to reduce the odds (and to make the game more entertaining) I've considered to make some stages for this game.

This is just for fun, sorry, no prizes. Don't cheat and get fun  :eyebrow: 

First Stage -Group stage-
There are 24 teams in this competition, divided in 6 groups of four. 

Group A: Canada, Netherlands, China, New Zealand.
Group B: Germany, Norway, Thailand, Cote D'ivoire.
Group C: Cameroon, Japan, Switzerland, Ecuador.
Group D USA, Nigeria, Sweden, Australia.
Group E: Brazil, Costa Rica, Spain, Korea Republic.
Group F: France, Colombia, Mexico, England.

First two of every group and the four best teams among those ranked thirds classify to the next stage (Round of 16).

Point system:

• 1 point per group for guessing the two qualified teams.
  • 1 extra point per group if competitor guess first and second position of the teams.
  • 1 extra point if the competitor guess the four best teams among those ranked thirds.
  • 3 extra points if the competitor predict the whole list of 16 teams.

Due date to post your results for this stage: 6/14/15

Intermediate Stage -Top scorer -

Just guess the top scorer of the competition. Contestants will have three guesses. Be sure to post them in order of priority.
First guess of the list get 4 points. Second guess of the list gets 2 points. Third guess of the list gets 1 point.

Due date to post your results for this stage: 6/24/15

Last stage - Time to guess the results.

Well, from ROUND of 16 (Saturday 20) till the end of the competition we will pass to the well-known "Guess the score" method.

Point system:

• 3 points if you guess the score.
  • 1 point if you got the winning team or you chosen draw.

For this stage, please Remember to post your score before the matches start.

For more info about the competition: http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/matches/index.html

Participant                             First Stage          +              Intermediate             +             Last Stage     =             Total

Goldenshaka                                 9                                          0                                          14             =                23  

Donkey_68                                    5                                          0                                          15            =                 20                       

Raitandrul                                      7                                          0                                          12             =                19

Satoshi Ookami                             5                                          0                                          13            =                 18                 
Guenter_G                                    4                                          0                                            3             =                  7

FIRST STAGE 

Participant               Group      Teams (1st, 2nd)        Reg Points       Best Thirds          Ex P 1      Ex P 2&3

A            China, Canada                     1                Netherlands                           Zero

B            Germany, Norway                1                Switzerland               1

C            Japan, Cameroon                1                Australia                    1

Goldenshaka               D            USA, Sweden                                         Colombia

E            Brazil, Korea                         1                                                  1             

F            France, England                   1                                                  1

A            Canada, Netherlands                             Colombia                                Zero

B            Germany, Norway                 1               Costa Rica                 1

C            Japan, Cameroon                 1               Thailand                     1

Satoshi Ookami           D            USA, Sweden                                         China

E            Brazil, Spain                                          

F            France, England                    1                                                 1                                        

A            Canada, China                       1               Nigeria                       1           Zero

B            Germany, Norway                  1               Spain                         1

C            Japan, Switzerland                                 Cameroon

Donkey_68                  D            USA, Sweden                                         Netherlands

E            Brazil, Costa Rica                                   

F            France, England                     1                                                 1

A            China, Canada                        1              Netherlands                             Zero

B            Germany, Norway                   1              Switzerland                 1

C            Japan, Cameroon                   1              Sweden                       1

Raitandrul                    D            USA, Australia                         1              England                       1

F            France, Colombia

A            Canada, China                         1             Netherlands                 1          Zero

B            Germany, Norway                    1             Cameroon                    1

C            Japan, Switzerland                                  Australia

Guenter_G                  D            USA, Sweden                                          England

F            Colombia, France  

Last Stage  

Goldenshaka                                 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1                 

Raitandrul                                      3 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0

Satoshi Ookami                             1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 3 + 1 + 0 + 0

Donkey_68                                    1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1

Guenter_G                                    0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 2

NIPPON! NI-PPON!

NIPPON, BANZAIIII!

Japan wins in the finals vs USA 2-1

Here, fixed that for you.

Green = 1st

Blue = 2nd

Red = Japan

My tip:

From lucky losers: Colombia, Costa Rica, Thailand and China.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

I think you may be seeing sexism that isn't there, mate. Not everyone is sexist or misogynistic or whatever buzzwords feminists are using with flagrant abandon recently.

'Sides I've been keeping up with it; the USA-Australia game was pretty good for the most part.

Well, I wasn't being THAT serious, that's why I wrote: "Well, seriously", maybe I had to be more emphatic in that part. Thanks for the heads up. Edited.

Yes, USA-Australia was good. From yesterday I liked Germany-Norway. :)

NIPPON! NI-PPON!

NIPPON, BANZAIIII!

Green = 1st

Blue = 2nd

Red = Japan

My tip:

Thanks for participate. I'll start posting points after last match of every group. :)

Edited by GoldenShaka

Group A: 1st = Canada, 2nd = China
Group B: 1st = Germany, 2nd = Norway
Group C: 1st = Japan, 2nd = Switzerland
Group D  1st = USA, 2nd = Sweden
Group E: 1st = Brazil, 2nd = Costa Rica
Group F: 1st = France, 2nd = England

Four best third placed: Nigeria, Spain, Cameroon and Netherlands

This is awkward now that I've seen the Australia - Nigeria score ...

• Like 1

Our women football team is playing in world cup, meanwhile our mens team ties with Azerbaijan in a very crucial match. Holy shit do we suck.

Well, you're third in your group, how many classify per group? two?

And yes, Norway women team is probably getting to the next stage in World Cup.

Only notice this thread now :o

Group A: 1st = China, 2nd = Canada
Group B: 1st = Germany, 2nd = Norway
Group C: 1st = Japan, 2nd = Cameroon
Group D  1st = USA, 2nd = Australia
Group E: 1st = Brazil, 2nd = Spain
Group F: 1st = France, 2nd = Colombia

Four best third placed: Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, England.

• Like 1

A guessing game, eh? Well okay, let's see how this will turn out. Due to my geographical location I'm somewhat handicapped. Most games are played in the middle of the night. Guess I could watch them afterwards, but... it's kinda lame.

Group A: Canada, Netherlands, China, New Zealand. (this one is tricky, can go anywhere)
Group F: France, Colombia, Mexico, England. (also tricky)

1st turquoise

2nd violet

Advancing thirds: Netherlands, Cameroon, Australia, England.

No team have really impressed. The one impressive would be Nigeria I think, despite they don't win. Most have actually disappointed. Most entertaining, impressive and powerful game I've seen was Sweden-Nigeria I think.

NIPPON! NI-PPON!

NIPPON, BANZAIIII!

Green = 1st

Blue = 2nd

Red = Japan

My tip:

You're my star :D And somehow you remind me of Razor Ramon HG, hehe

• Like 1

From what I have seen of it so far the football has all been to a reasonably good standard.  I have seen much worse matches in the mens world cup than I have seen so far in Canada.  I couldnt guess a winner as the the Germany Norway game the other day was at least a semi final match and to Germany should have won easily but they made hard work of the 1-1 draw.

Times have changed drastically since

Not The Nine O'Clock News did that sketch but you would think to listen to the heads of FIFA that this was still 1980.

DONT PLAY THIS WITH YOUR BOSS LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER!

Edited by Nasty_Rory
  • Like 4

From what I have seen of it so far the football has all been to a reasonably good standard.  I have seen much worse matches in the mens world cup than I have seen so far in Canada.  I couldnt guess a winner as the the Germany Norway game the other day was at least a semi final match and to Germany should have won easily but they made hard work of the 1-1 draw.

Yeah, We've had good matches, last Saturday had a good France vs Colombia and a very entertaining Korea vs Costa Rica. And since today we'll have the first teams to integrate the Group of 16.

So far so good for me in the betting game :D Seems like Netherlands is as good as clear for a third place advancement.

Today there will be some really interesting matches with Ecuador-JAPAN 23:00* Winnipeg stadium (Satoshi, hoooooo!!!)

Switzerland-Cameroon 23:00* Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton
Nigeria-USA 02:00 +1d* BC Place Stadium, Vancouver
and most importantly Australia-SWEDEN 02:00 +1d* Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton

*EU times. Gosh, guess I'm gonna stay up the whole night...

Today there will be some really interesting matches with Ecuador-JAPAN 23:00* Winnipeg stadium (Satoshi, hoooooo!!!)

Oh yea! Much hype. Our sports channel finally chose J-girls so I can finally watch them on this WC =D

You're my star :D And somehow you remind me of Razor Ramon HG, hehe

Eeeee....h? xD

Well, you know guys, tables are not allowed to be imported here :/, so I had to work with some homemade tables ;) ; but I let you know that they look as a mess on small screens like smartphones, so you can understand the format using a laptop/pc.

Crap, fell asleep at 20/8pm and woke up at 6. Would just take a nap and thought I would wake up 1-2 hours later. And there is also no way to watch the matches afterwards for me. Missed everything.

:(

some good matches yesterday. But something tells me that today will be better, try to stay awake :)