DVD, Blu-Ray or digital?

Zenpai

Which is your preferred means of watching movies/TV shows?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer when acquiring movies/TV shows?

DVD because that way anyone in the family can watch them. Rather than me having to set up the PS3 or my dvd player for whoever.

100% behind this. Though I've switched to Blu-Ray, my PS3 is currently in the living room so my younger brother can play Dragon Ball: Xenoverse. If I bought DVD, I could just watch them on my PS2, X360 or computer, but with Blu-Ray, now we either have to watch it at the same time or I have to wait for him to either be out of the house or to finish up the game so I can hook to console back in my bedroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Blu-ray is my first choice, DVD 2nd and digital is last. i prefer a hard copy but digital is good as long as it is not an "online only" version. the only family member that does not have blu-ray is my step-dad since he drives a semi, i might upgrade him to a portable blu-ray.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

• 2 weeks later...

SHAMPOO IS BETTER!!!

Actually I've started using shower gel on my hair, doing wonders for my scalp. Uhm... Anyway...

I have a massive DVD collection but not been adding to it as much recently as I've just been streaming most things, still buy them sometimes if I can't find them online or if it's a good enough film that I know I'll want to watch it again annd there's a high chance it'll be taken of streaming before then. My Blu-Ray is mostly reserved for visual spectaculars, classics like Lawrence of Arabia or blockbusters like the Dark Knight trilogy, the kind of films you HAVE to watch on as big a screen as possible with the best quality you can get. 

DVD. We have shelfs on shelfs with at home with DVD's, collected through years. It would be wierd to suddenly change them out with blu-ray's (in my case atleast) and the quality don't bother me much. I've seen one blu-ray on my ps4 (just to check how it looked). Not bad, but it would be a pain in the @ss to drag that big thing of a console between my bedroom and the livingroom everytime my family wanted to watch a BR movie. If I want better quality, I just plug in a HDMI cable into the DVD player.

• 2 weeks later...