PS3 vs PSVita

madbuk

I plan on getting this game in the current EU Japanese sale, but I'm having trouble deciding whether to get it on the PS3 or the Playstation Vita (shame it isn't cross buy :( )

Any suggestions as to which version I should pick up?

Because the battlesystem is sooo slow I guess it would be more relaxing on Vita, while staying in bed or whatever. xD

But without that, I dont think it would be much of a difference, because, basicly its a PS2 game, right? Should run smooth on Vita.

As retail it would be a point for PS3, that X-2 is a DLC for Vita.

Edited by Neputyunu

I own X/X-2 on the Vita, which is my recommendation. I was following a video guide for 100% story completion in X-2 & noticed that the loading screens for a PS3 version were longer than the Vita version. 

Plus such long games are nice to have on the go. 

• Like 1

Get the PS3 version. It's so much nicer playing on a TV. Better sound. Better visuals. Nicer controller. Literally everything is better on console. Don't sell yourself short and spoil the experience by getting it on the vita.

I have to agree 100% with this.

I personally got the vita retail version because a good friend of mine was getting the PS3 retail version (and I wanted to play FFX on the go..)..

In the end I played a bit FFX on public transports and whatnot, but end up asking my friend for his copy and played mainly on PS3 (in FFX it was probably 50/50, but in FFX-2 it was almost exclusively on PS3).

This was mainly because the experience on the TV being much better then on the vita (do note that I'm somewhat of a veteran on FFX/X-2 having played well over 1000 hours in each on the PS2, so I have a big nostalgia effect going when playing both, and that's probably why I felt that the vita screen wasn't doing justice to the games..).

• Like 1

I'm with BT on this one. I'm sure the vita version works perfectly fine, but I still would prefer the PS3 version. If the Vita version were a bit cheaper or something I might see the appeal. This just isn't a game I would want to play while I was out and about. 

i remember seen a PS3 vs Vita vs PS2 version youtube vid before, there's no differences at all between ps3 & Vita in term of graphics wise. the Vita only shows some frame drops when huge explosions or enemies fill the screen situations happen, even though sometime it felt like it's barely noticeable or it won't happen when you play the same section again.