Resident Evil 2 Gets Fan Remake in Unreal Engine 4

Confon

1351775118682560945.jpg

Resident Evil 2 Gets Fan Remake in Unreal Engine 4

Originally released in 1998, Resident Evil 2 is covered in a fresh coat of HD paint in this fan-made remake. 

Developed by indie team InvaderGames, it’s an unofficial, non-profit title that’s adding an array of new features like 3D models, particle effects, new textures, and more. 

Resident Evil 2 Reborn is currently slated to be a free release this summer. We’ll see how that goes.

If Capcom has enough brain, they will allow this to be complete with their foundation and port it to PS4 and Xbox One, but they are probably not going to allow it, even though that wouldn’t stop the PC gamers. 

If Capcom has enough brain, they will allow this to be complete with their foundation and port it to PS4 and Xbox One, but they are probably not going to allow it, even though that wouldn’t stop the PC gamers. 

I think they will be very upset cause  Leon can walk and shoot at same time. xD

Edited by ihadalifeb4this

i grow up with resident evil 2 and i personally feel like this is just re4 with the maps of re2 with better graphics.

I wish they make it like the first resident, where the gameplay didt change that much.

Its my opinion.

Yeah, I thought about that, but it could be cool if Capcom released his own remake adding the option of the original camera angle. Still, the game looks incredible, and the team has been working on these project for 2 years now, that's insane!

I'm pretty sure that they're making whatever is necessary to make the game feel like the original

The sound effects suck but this has massive potential. Im getting hyped already!

Yeah, but the game has a lot of heart. I'm in the hype train too!

I think they will be very upset cause  Leon can walk and shoot at same time. xD

I think they are no longer concerned about that after 6 :(

Looks cool. Kinda. I don't think the game concept will work though. The environments in RE2 were created with regard to the game mechanics, with lots of corridors and disadvantageous camera angles for the player, and angles didn't change around corners until you passed them. But the character can mostly see what's coming up. To weigh up for that now, they add... darkness. Shitloads of darkness and glare.

They have simply turned RE2 into Doom 3. And, well...uh, no. I like that they added a few small events though. I would much rather see RE 1.5 come to life.

And I have yet to see a fan based remake be finished, or something similar. I have more hopes for Timesplitters 4.

Edited by Guenter_G
  • Like 1

Best of luck to these guys and this project, but an over the shoulder third person shooter remake of any old Resident Evil game seems like a fruitless effort.  The prerendered backdrops, inability to free-aim and intentionally frustrating camera angles are... surprisingly enough... what made those games as tense as they were.  How easy would they have been if you could just headshot the slowly waddling zombies from across the room. xD

I have been following this fan made remake for a while. I wish they would have stayed with the fixed camera angles, instead of the over the shoulder combat system. Still for a fan made project this looks good.

This. I'm surprised they changed the angle. It'll be interesting to see how the fans react to that. I'd go as far as saying it looks great for a fan made project. Very few of them look THIS good.

I have been following this fan made remake for a while. I wish they would have stayed with the fixed camera angles, instead of the over the shoulder combat system. Still for a fan made project this looks good.

This. I'm surprised they changed the angle. It'll be interesting to see how the fans react to that. I'd go as far as saying it looks great for a fan made project. Very few of them look THIS good.

For that, we can just use graphical mods for the original version, not a remake. I think the game should be what the fans have been waiting for years begging for a remake.

Best of luck to these guys and this project, but an over the shoulder third person shooter remake of any old Resident Evil game seems like a fruitless effort.  The prerendered backdrops, inability to free-aim and intentionally frustrating camera angles are... surprisingly enough... what made those games as tense as they were.  How easy would they have been if you could just headshot the slowly waddling zombies from across the room. xD

I'm in the same boat, Capcom should remake 2 and 3 just like they did with 1, this is what RE fans want.

For that, we can just use graphical mods for the original version, not a remake. I think the game should be what the fans have been waiting for years begging for a remake.

I'm in the same boat, Capcom should remake 2 and 3 just like they did with 1, this is what RE fans want.

That is probably why they chose to call it a "Remake" and not a "remaster". I'm all for changing things up. Though I think you're right to believe an official attempt would be more along the lines of what REmake on the PS3/4 was.

• Like 1