Just bought a PS4, looking to replace games...

AJ_Radio

Having finally grown a bit tired of the PS3 I have recently bought the Arkham Knight PS4 bundle. I've enjoyed the first Arkham game immensely and this game should be fun, considering the PS4 fully supports 1080p resolution.

One thing that has prevented me from buying a PS4 early on is the large patch files needed to stay up to date. Unfortunately I have slow internet but I know apartments that have high speed cable internet, and am planning to move to one of those sometime next year. Thankfully the PS4 will remain strong for years to come, since this is only it's third year since it's initial release. Plus I have seen that you can pause downloads and keep multiple downloads going, along with the ability to manage your downloads. With the PS3 I could do nothing but wait, which meant hours of waiting whereas with the PS4 I can play another game while the update finishes for the game I initially wanted to play.

I have put in many hours of game play on the Xbox One (my sister has it), but we all know the PS4 is the superior system. I have yet to unpack either Arkham Knight or the system itself, and I know I'm going to have to update the system if I'm going to use it. But since everyone I've talked to has literally praised it, I should be in for a treat.

I guess the real problem is the library of games I'm going to be getting. GTA V for the PS4 is currently on it's way and I have a level 35 character that I can transfer. The issue is selling some of the PS3 games that I will be replacing with the more enhanced versions of the game for the PS4. One is of course, GTA V for the PS3.

Out of all the games for the PS3 I own that are also for the PS4 (albeit in more graphically impressive, enhanced form with all the DLC), GTA V will net me the most money. I can choose Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, Gamestop, or an independent game shop to sell my older games. I live close to Portland, Oregon and I know there are at least two or three independent game shops there, so I may be stopping at those places to see if they offer any good deals.

Some of the games I want to replace for PS4 games:

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) > Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

God of War III > God of War III Remastered

Sleeping Dogs> Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Uncharted Dual Pack & Uncharted 3 > UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection

Assassins Creed Black Flag (PS3) > Assassins Creed Black Flag (PS4)

The Last of Us > The Last of Us Remastered

...and any other games I own that will be remastered or redone for the PS4. Red Dead Redemption comes to mind, it was without a doubt one of my favorite games in the past generation. I suppose LA Noire wouldn't be too bad either although that game has literally nothing to do after you beat the main story. Some sort of Assassins Creed bundle that contains the "Desmond Story" spanning five games would be nice.

Games I will be keeping include Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I will be playing those games even with having a PS4 as they are quite fun and enjoyable. I will be playing Batman: Arkham City as it's one of the best. There are at least five to ten games I'm looking to get on the PS4, and I might even consider seeing if there are any indie games available in the Playstation Store worth buying.

Anybody here who has sold games they've previously owned, I would like to hear your advice. I'm new to the PS4 and I never really went out of my way to sell games I have, and it may turn out that Grand Theft Auto V is the only game that has any real value to it, for obvious reasons.

There is always:

- Diablo III ­(PS3) > Diablo III Reaper of Souls (PS4)

- Final Fantasy X - X2 HD Remaster (PS3) > Final Fantasy X - X2 HD Remaster (PS4)

- Metro Last Light (PS3) > Metro Redux (PS4)

- Dark Souls II (PS3) > Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin (PS4)

Great PS4 remasters to play on your console.

Edited by kalas4427

I know the topic is about replacing games but there are some great releases on ps4. I'll list a few plus some remastered titles

Destiny (Ps4)

Journey (Ps4)

Infamous Second Son + First Light

Grim Fandango Remastered

Don't Starve Console Edition

Rocket League

Bloodborne

The Witcher 3

Alien Isolation

The Order 1886

Trails Fusion

As you can see there are lots of epic games to choose from

You don't need to buy remasters too often or y'all get stuck in the past . Although I heard God of War 3 Remastered has amazing graphics for a PS3>PS4 remaster. Also, buy a $50/£50/E50 PSN card. Borderlands Handsome Collection. 2 games remastered for 29.99. Wut? AMAZING VALUE, if you don't mind me. Also, if you like strange & awesome shit, I also recommend Hatoful Boyfriend because it was recently ported from PC to PS4. it's funny as fuck xD  (Okosan is my baeeeeeeeeee.... don't get me started). Saints Row 4 Re-elected is amazingly awesome + fun as well

So yeah, get:

God of War 3 Remastered

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Borderlands Handsome Collection

Hatoful Boyfriend (recommended, but you may get...... confused about it, get it if you want)

Saints Row 4 Re-elected (only 20 bucks)

Peace in love, ponies and The Third Street Saints

-Crappy-san

The Order 1886

That game sucked balls!

That game sucked balls!

says the guy who just seriously recommended Hatoful Boyfriend....

On topic, there are alot of great games you can upgrade to, and great new IP's to try if you are looking for something new. Enjoy your new PS4, it truly is the superior console.

• Like 1

You don't need to buy remasters too often or y'all get stuck in the past . Although I heard God of War 3 Remastered has amazing graphics for a PS3>PS4 remaster. Also, buy a $50/£50/E50 PSN card. Borderlands Handsome Collection. 2 games remastered for 29.99. Wut? AMAZING VALUE, if you don't mind me. Also, if you like strange & awesome shit, I also recommend Hatoful Boyfriend because it was recently ported from PC to PS4. it's funny as fuck xD  (Okosan is my baeeeeeeeeee.... don't get me started). Saints Row 4 Re-elected is amazingly awesome + fun as well

So yeah, get:

God of War 3 Remastered

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Borderlands Handsome Collection

Hatoful Boyfriend (recommended, but you may get...... confused about it, get it if you want)

Saints Row 4 Re-elected (only 20 bucks)

Peace in love, ponies and The Third Street Saints

-Crappy-san

That game sucked balls!

God of War III already looked amazing the day of release on the PS3, but this is mostly so I can get a superior version. Don't really see a point in keeping the inferior versions if I can get them on a more powerful system. I'm not expecting anything real spectcular for Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, nor The Nathan Drake collection, but since there is no backwards compatibility I would rather get them on next-gen.

says the guy who just seriously recommended Hatoful Boyfriend....

On topic, there are alot of great games you can upgrade to, and great new IP's to try if you are looking for something new. Enjoy your new PS4, it truly is the superior console.

The remasters are just a start. As much as I enjoy some games from the PS3, it is really starting to show it's age, as the equipment and techology is at least ten years old.

Buy a next gen system to play last gen games... Makes sense

Again, only a start. If you have both systems it makes sense to buy the superior version.

If you plan to sell your old games ebay is ur best bet and set it on bid so ull make money maybe more than ud think, as for new ps4 games I'd suggest

Watchdogs

Ac-unity < they fixed it mow it works ok

Farcry 4

The evil within

Theif < if your into games that pretty much all u fo is steal stuff and sneak around and sometimes kill or knock out guards

Devil may cry 4

Aswell as the games listed above like witcher 3 and infamous aswell as metro redux

That game sucked balls!

And you recommend Hatoful boyfriend dude really. The order was a great game overpriced and short but no way did it suck balls everyone just got but hurt when the reviews came out I really enjoyed the game and if you can get it cheap then I highly reccomend doing so.