Tips, tricks and advice

RalphyLDN

I now have battle Islands on my trophy list, starting to regret it. It's an ok game but very very long wait times. I know eventually I will get this done, but it is annoying me having to wait 2 days or so for something to be done.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, strategies or even a set way to go about this to make it as short as possible, then post here and hopefully it will help anyone who is attempting to 100% this (including myself) ;).

Yeah this game is a very long grind. I'm sitting at around 2275 dog tags and level 48. The only choices I get to battle are usually level 60+ with 2500+ dog tags. It can sometimes take >10 minutes just to find a battle I have a chance at winning. The best way to make dog tags is to have a strong defense in that you won't lose as many, but it is still a pain since the only players that seem to attack me are > level 100 with like > 4000 dog tags.

I also can't figure out how they determine how many dogs tags you lose when losing a match. I've had players about my level/dog tags get three stars attacking me and only lose 8 points then a player with level 100 and 5000 dog tags get three stars against me and lose 12 dog tags.

The best advice is to be patient. Keep refreshing the people to attack until you find one at least your level or below.

• 3 weeks later...

I felt the same way when I got this game. The few things I learned from going for the 100% (currently at 85%, just need to upgrade command center to rank 8 and supply depot to rank 10).

More likely than not, if you have already lost a match or been attacked and lost tags at any point, you will probably need to spend a little bit of money to get some gold. Why? Because:

When you are currently playing, you will not be attacked (you will be listed as "On Patrol" to other players. This makes you invulnerable. if you can have enough gold to rebuild your forces, you can search for easy victories against enemies through the alliance feature and rack up more and more tags.

I went from ~2280 to 2500 in one night through this method. It is very tedious to find people you can earn stars against. You can only attack people that are no less than 1,000 tags below you (if you are at 2,200 you can attack anyone with 1,200 and up, regardless of levels.)

The other crappy part is the game will randomly award you less tags at different points, for example, the last 20 or so tags I needed, I began to get 5 tags for a two-star victory instead of the usual 8 I believe.

Other than those things I learned, there really are no tricks to this game. The only thing I thought of is to have people attack you and lose on purpose because I have seen successful defenses award more tags than a 3 star victory, but I only have one successful defense to my name. Plus, you have to be able to find people in your range that are willing to do that, which is pretty unlikely.

TL;DR - You probably need to cough up real life money to actually get this. Gold coupled with a long/continuous gaming session is your best bet.

Yeah, I broke 2300 a couple of times in the last week, but had a couple of nights I didn't play and has some bad attacks on my part so I've slipped down to ~2225. I did discover the Gold "trick" with supplies it just took a little before I understood what to do. Basically you need to keep loading the game or performing attacks and check the Supply Chain randomally generated prizes you can get. If the majority of them are gold bars then you can basically just keep paying one gold bar and on average you will get more than 1 bar each win. Went from 840 gold bars to 1070 in <1 hour this way. I know that's a lot of time, but I was doing something else on the computer and so all I had to do was listen for the supply chain completion music and hit O and then X without even looking at the screen while I did something else and it racked the gold up.

You have to be patient and only do the above "trick" when you have a good chance of winning gold bars. It took me about 10-15 different Supply Chain lists before I actually got a good set of random prizes before it started to pay off. Otherwise you will lose most of the time.

I have a sub account that has Battle Islands on it that I'm going to try and do the attack and lose tactics with that account and see if that helps. Right now, I'm stuck because the only people attacking are like 400+ levels higher and 2K dog tags higher so I lose every defense.....

That was the problem I encountered, as well. It's easy to level in the beginning, however, you could easily get your sub to 1,200 with a continuous session and gold to reinforce. Just keep finding people that are low level at 1,000 tags, usually meaning they haven't done anything in the game yet. Easy wins.

On another note for as far as tricks goes...I may have found a way to keep you from losing tags while farming supplies/rebuilding.

Leave Battle Islands on whatever screen you are on (just your base, for example) then go to your XMB and put your PS4 into rest mode. When you turn it back on and select your user, the game will load up without having to restart, never taking you out of "On Patrol" and making you unavailable to attack. Unless it just hasn't registered any new attacks yet. I can try and confirm this but am trying to ride it out and collect supplies to upgrade my command center. 

It looks like my recommended gold farming steps don't work completely. It looks like leaving the game and coming back quickly don't result in a new list of randomally generated supplies rewards. What I ended up doing was checking the randomaly generated list and if it didn't look good, I started a battle and either completed it if I thought I would win or exited out if I didn't think I would win at all. Either way it looked like I got a new set of randomally generated supply rewards.

So if you want to try this, just keep starting a battle, cancel it, and then check your list of supply rewards. If it doesn't looked good rinse and repeat. This turned out to be quicker than exited and restarting anyway so much better.

Now to make up the 48 dog tags I lost for being out of town over the weekend..... Good luck all.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone managed to find a working method for the collection of 2,500 dog tags?

Because I do not see how this can happen in normal way after I'm 40 level with the - / + 1000 d.t. and each 1-2 wins, I lose again by players with 150-200, even 300 level  UP... It is in this way, I could never get them. And why is the system is designed so that large levels can attack such small levels, instead things is aligned with the forces?   :facepalm:  :unsure:

Does anyone managed to find a working method for the collection of 2,500 dog tags?

Because I do not see how this can happen in normal way after I'm 40 level with the - / + 1000 d.t. and each 1-2 wins, I lose again by players with 150-200, even 300 level UP... It is in this way, I could never get them. And why is the system is designed so that large levels can attack such small levels, instead things is aligned with the forces? :facepalm::unsure:

When I tried this game a few months back,I managed to get up to 2200 tags by attacking level 1-10's,then they didn't appear any more,just level 50+'s did. Got back into the game and the same tactic is working. Just attack low level enemies,but the more tags you get,the harder the enemies

• 4 weeks later...

Because I do not see how this can happen in normal way after I'm 40 level with the - / + 1000 d.t. and each 1-2 wins, I lose again by players with 150-200, even 300 level  UP... It is in this way, I could never get them. And why is the system is designed so that large levels can attack such small levels, instead things is aligned with the forces?   :facepalm:  :unsure:

I got to 2500 dog tags within 13 hours of starting the game without paying any money. There's lots of easy people that you can farm dog tags off of. Look at people's bases before you start sending troops. You get about 20 seconds to see before you attack and if you press :triangle: to exit before that time is up then it doesn't count as a defeat and your win streak is continued. I'd suggest trying the lowest level person that appears and seeing if you would be able to manage them. If you don't think that you'll be able to win against any of the people that show up then press :triangle: on the enemy list and it will refresh with new people.

The first and only upgrades to my units have been for my Rifleman units. I only got them to rank 2 by the time I got the 2500 dog tags, but it was more than enough to win against a lot of the enemies. You'll also want to upgrade your barracks so that you can send more of your troops into battle. You'll only need a single star for it to count as a win. I'd suggest trying to zerg rush their base with as many Rifleman as you have/need to win. If they have anything with an Area of Effect damage like a Mortar or any of the different types of camps then you should avoid fighting them while using this method.

I'm not sure if this will continue to work in the higher levels because I only got to level 20 today.

I've also noticed a glitch in the game. If you close the game before the loss screen pops up then you get all the units you used in the attack back after the battle. I don't know if you lose dog tags for doing this, but I've been doing this while farming for the 2.5m supplies trophy so that I don't lose the units if I don't get at least 10k supplies each battle.

EDIT: Another tip I have is to make your base extremely easy to defeat. If the enemy manages to get a 3 star victory on you then you get a 20 hour camouflage instead of the lesser amounts for the 1 and 2 star defeat. You'll be able to upgrade your units/barracks during this time so that you can do more damage in your attacks. You also won't be attacked while you're actively playing the game. If you can manage to play and attack for a few hours at a time then you should be able to get at least 100 extra tags a day.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2019 at 11:44 PM, SuchRemorse said:

How do some people have this 100% in under 1 minute!? 1f914.png

I'd love to know how. But knowing how it usually goes there was probably some exploit that got patched a while ago 

6 minutes ago, Frag__Hero said:

I'd love to know how. But knowing how it usually goes there was probably some exploit that got patched a while ago 

So apparently from what i have found it has something to do with the game on the Japanese store. I assume they patched it but luckily I have a Japanese account ready to go so im gonna test later on today

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...