Darker than Black or Steins;Gate

AgaveAttenuata

Personally i dropped Darker Than Black, couldn't get into it. Steins;Gate is amazing, but just buy the game. It has the same story as the anime, and you'll probably get a shiny platinum trophy along the way too! 

off topic: We should have like an Anime OT, to discuss anything anime related so people like OP can just ask there. Now we just have the "Last anime you saw thread" which is more like a game-thread.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

I loved Darker Than Black, but only the first season. Gemini of the Meteor was pretty awful.

And for Steins;Gate, you don't want to watch the anime, you want to play the game.

So, I'd recommend watching Darker Than Black, and playing Steins;Gate.

Personally i dropped Darker Than Black, couldn't get into it. Steins;Gate is amazing, but just buy the game. It has the same story as the anime, and you'll probably get a shiny platinum trophy along the way too! 

off topic: We should have like an Anime OT, to discuss anything anime related so people like OP can just ask there. Now we just have the "Last anime you saw thread" which is more like a game-thread.

I don't have a PS3 or Vita so playing it is problematic. Should I wait for a PS4 version of the game or just watch the show?

I loved Darker Than Black, but only the first season. Gemini of the Meteor was pretty awful.

And for Steins;Gate, you don't want to watch the anime, you want to play the game.

So, I'd recommend watching Darker Than Black, and playing Steins;Gate.

After reading that I might just wait for the PS4 game and watch Darker than Black now

I don't have a PS3 or Vita so playing it is problematic. Should I wait for a PS4 version of the game or just watch the show?

After reading that I might just wait for the PS4 game and watch Darker than Black now

The ps4 releases sometime in november iirc. No trophies with that version though :/

Oh, I didn't realized you didn't have a PS3 or Vita.

I love Darker Than Black, but if the Steins;Gate anime is half as good as the show, you definitely want to watch Steins;Gate first.

The ps4 releases sometime in november iirc. No trophies with that version though :/

I know I'm on a trophy website and all but I don't really have a thing where all the games I play are for trophies so no trophies on it shouldn't really be a problem. The game won't last as long as it would if it had trophies but I have no other choice. 

Oh, I didn't realized you didn't have a PS3 or Vita.

I love Darker Than Black, but if the Steins;Gate anime is half as good as the show, you definitely want to watch Steins;Gate first.

I'll make sure to start it tomorrow. Thanks

I know I'm on a trophy website and all but I don't really have a thing where all the games I play are for trophies so no trophies on it shouldn't really be a problem. The game won't last as long as it would if it had trophies but I have no other choice. 

Yeah man sure. I just thought i mentioned it :D

Yeah man sure. I just thought i mentioned it :D

The ps4 version isn't being released over here separately, it's a Japanese copy bundled with the Japanese version of Steins;Gate 0 and so is not in English. It may be localised in the future but that hasn't been announced. The anime is really good though so I do recommend watching it c:

Edited by Akira-chan

Watch Steins;Gate.

I liked Darker than Black S1. It was pretty solid but didn't love it. I absolutely hated S2. It just didn't make any sense to me. Looked like they were just pulling everything out of their asses.

My best friend loves DtB, it's his fave anime. After rewatching, he said if you watch S1, the 4 episodes special (which takes place between S1 and S2 in chronological order but came out after S2 IRL), and then watch S2, it makes a lot more sense and S2 becomes more enjoyable. I watched the 4 ep special the day after I finished S2 so it was fresh in my memory but the special didn't help in my liking of S2. S1 and the special was good though.

Question: Why not watch both?

I've only seen Steins;Gate of the two, but I would wholeheartedly recommend it. It currently stands as my second favorite anime of all time. It's filled with laughs, tears, and science. I can't speak for the english dub, but the japanese voices fit the characters perfectly. Just be sure to set a day aside to watch it because once you start, you'll want to see the end.

Depends on what you like. Darker than Black is more action-packed than Steins;Gate. Some people are turned off by S;G's slow start, since the first 7-12 episodes (idr) are easy-going and have a more comedy/slice of life feel to it, but then shit goes down in the second half.

I preferred S;G but you might not like the way it starts off, if you're all about action. DTB was great but I never really got into its sequels.

Question: Why not watch both?

I've only seen Steins;Gate of the two, but I would wholeheartedly recommend it. It currently stands as my second favorite anime of all time. It's filled with laughs, tears, and science. I can't speak for the english dub, but the japanese voices fit the characters perfectly. Just be sure to set a day aside to watch it because once you start, you'll want to see the end.

The English dub is honestly just as good in my opinion, J Michael Tatum fits Okabe well. The only thing is they made Mayushii sound and act a lot smarter.

Edited by Makise Kurisu