Windows 10 problem

kidson2004

Ok, so I got a free upgrade to Windows 10 a few days ago. Did the upgrade, and things were smooth for the most part. However, I've noticed that the sound has been disabled on my laptop. Tried to turn up the volume, troubleshoot it, etc. Nothing. Now, I have the option to downgrade back to Windows 7, but I'll have a few issues with it that I no longer have with Windows 10. Is this some kind of bug and if so, what's the work around without me downgrading to Windows 7?

Ok, so I got a free upgrade to Windows 10 a few days ago. Did the upgrade, and things were smooth for the most part. However, I've noticed that the sound has been disabled on my laptop. Tried to turn up the volume, troubleshoot it, etc. Nothing. Now, I have the option to downgrade back to Windows 7, but I'll have a few issues with it that I no longer have with Windows 10. Is this some kind of bug and if so, what's the work around without me downgrading to Windows 7?

What kind of Laptop?

And when was the last time you looked at you're sound related drivers? might be time for an update.

E:ninja'd

Edited by killerJAZZ420

Have a Acer laptop. Dual Core AMD.

I think that might be the problem honestly. Seems like everyone i know using AMD is having sound issues latelty, before and after Win10 updates. Do you also have Realtek HD audio manager? Worked for my friend but his problem was that he apparently didnt have any audio drivers installed at all.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/No-Sound-or-Beats-Audio-after-Windows-10-update/td-p/5173820

just found this. Its obv for HP but it might be something worth looking at it if rukas link doesnt help.

Edited by killerJAZZ420

happened to me, all I did was re installing the drivers and restarting the machine and it worked...

Edited by Sadistic Waffle

happened to me, all I did was re installing the drivers and restarting the machine and it worked...

How do I re-install the drivers? Also, this is the name of the driver I have after I did a search:

Conexant

Edited by kidson2004

How do I re-install the drivers?

download the drivers from the provider (my laptop is Dell, so I went to their website to get my drivers)

right click on My PC icon -> properties -> device manager

it is under sound or audio, right click and select uninstall, then install the newly downloaded ones

Edit: before re installing anything, try restarting the machine and see if the sound works fine. If not, then proceed with the reinstalling process

Edited by Sadistic Waffle

How do I re-install the drivers? Also, this is the name of the driver I have after I did a search:

Conexant

Go here. Then find your laptop by choosing it from the menus, or type in the product number of your laptop. Then it should give you a list of drivers specifically for your laptop, find the driver for your sound card for Windows 10 and simply run the install and the driver should automatically uninstall/overwrite the old one during the installation. It's pretty much as easy as that! ;)

Edited by BlindMango

There is a program called driver genius and it will recognize the drivers your pc is missing. It has worked for me plenty of times in the past.

If that fails then just go to your laptops site and download the audio drivers for your exact model. They should come in an .exe file and you simply install and restart the pc and it should work again.

Edited by Will1991Kill_you

I had that and I just went back to windows 8.1 for windows 10 is not really that good for when I upgraded all my files were gone and all my writings were gone along with my things saved on the fav bar so yeah if you can't fix it just go back it's much better if you ask me and it won't give you a headache