Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

On 7.04.2022 at 1:48 AM, Seamndel said:

Hope you all like NYMH, cause in the next few years there gonna be a lot more posts on the sister game's NYMH thread

Well if Max Payne 3 was a PS4 game that was released nowadays, Rockstar would’ve fixed many of those glitches in NYMHC mode. Those freeze glitches happened also because of PS3’s old system that will never be updated to fix those glitches. NYMHC is hard but an unfair challenge because of its glitches. The chapter 13 freeze bug and sometimes not loading boss fight at the end kill 3-5 hours of hardwork. If this game gets released today, everyone would’ve talked about glitches and made videos in social media. Right now of course they don’t give a damn about a game from 11 years ago.

• Like 2

So now I've got some free time to try this mode again. Did 2 tries and both times the game glitched in chapter 7 just after you shoot the padlock on the door, prior to the chain pull up scene.

Both times the map didn't load properly and because of that I insta died after the cutscene ended. 

I've read that this particular chapter can be buggy but never read about this part glitching out. Any ideas?

27 minutes ago, AlexanderLykan said:

So now I've got some free time to try this mode again. Did 2 tries and both times the game glitched in chapter 7 just after you shoot the padlock on the door, prior to the chain pull up scene.

Both times the map didn't load properly and because of that I insta died after the cutscene ended. 

I've read that this particular chapter can be buggy but never read about this part glitching out. Any ideas?

yea that happens sometimes

just pause the game for a couple mins and let the level finish load in the background

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
14 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Congrats man!

you’ve had this game in your backlog for years

well done. Only 4 attempts too lol

Thanks man. Yeah this was the 3rd time I’ve picked up in the game in almost as many years. I always planned to come back and finish it eventually, just there’s always something else competing for my attention so weeks turned into months. Thrilled to have the platinum now but also feeling sad that it’s over tbh, I liked having the challenge to look forward to! 

:wave::silver:

1. # II epic fail trying to cut straight from heliport to its footbridge, Max dropped between xD
  2. # X mistreated by explosives, let myself encircled in the tires warehouse after a very painful episode at the gas station
  3. # III too hasty, enemy below the bleachers came to my back, LMS with not enough time to turn around w/ 2-handed weapon
  4. # I LMS yet, at the pillars (reception) with 5 painkillers in stock but not a single bullet loaded :giggle:
  5. # VI crushed by the "jeep", trying eliminating all passengers B) when I knew to always aim the driver first & only
  6. # VI? too much damage with first two enemies. Last three i tried a lateral Bullet Time spraying move, Max didn't deign to shoot nor aim (bug ?)
  7. # II Giovanna caught by my "crazy pistolero state", me trying to instakill the first guy who runs behind her on the signs bridge B)
  8. # V? Fabiana's turn, really aimed well not to risk to kill her so it was a big fraud :dunno:
  9. # XIII hardly "grenade killed" anyone in office, pistol shots aside, 8 bullets left for armo'guy, hesitation resulted in a fatal "grenade launcher LMS"
  10. # VI? too careful this time, lost even more life with the first two. Ending 2/3 instakilled, head'shot the last I swear, but so did he.
  11. # VIII tombs sniper section, from reading you it was bound to happen to me : wanted to skip one grave B)
  12. # WIN Trophy popped at midnight here :)

That Twelfth run...

Remembering one pistol LMS crisis moment at the start of chapter XII, some framerate slowdowns making shooting complicated in chapter XIII (had taken a little break just before launching, idk if it has any impact) and I completely missed the rocket launchers session in the parking lot. Chapter XIV went well except at the metro station : the nearest enemy suppressed on my left was still standing, moving and pointing at me without holding a weapon, c'mon !!!
Final fight started very well, till ? arrived : there was no grenade thrown so I waited, then an enemy rushed on me ended up on my back :spank: ;
grenade was thrown by the time I got rid of him. Systematic abusive use of painkillers and roulades allowed me to limit damages on that one.

Had no more 9mm ammunition for the last remaining ground enemy, had to return to the side to get back some "machine gun"...

This is how I remember it but if I had a replay, it would be less epic and much more embarrassing :lol:

Had kept my last :bronze: "suspended" at ? to make it pop 2 minutes later, strange habits, little wink to those who complained about "why not gold" !

I had freezes in NYM but none during my NYMHC attempts : played offline with golden guns, only one direct run per console "boot", by day (and for my sanity).
12 official attempts distanced, not counting all possible deaths learning between in SCORE ATTACK training (in small doses but as regularly as possible).

For someone who hated this gameplay for so long it's not "that" bad, take me hard time to understand the mechanics and "feel" it, now i really love it !!!
It was out of the question for me to engage in such torture especially since I don't have much time, but previous extreme trophies experiences made my rushing Shadows less stressful and so much FUN. My Encouragement to all those who want to achieve it ! I got the best advices to avoid bugs, freezes, easy-silly deaths by reading all of you : thank you very much :yay:

Special dedication to my ? Bestie who ?? gift to me this atrocious game in 2015 :P

DSC03020.JPG?width=813&height=610

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

1. Ch. 5 – Got overconfident and made a silly mistake, bullet time shot dodge off the wooden path into the water. It seems Max can't swim.

2. Ch. 3 – Still overconfident, died whilst in LMS towards the beginning where Passos interrogates a man and four enemies enter the room. Enemy hid behind the left pillar whilst I was in LMS so no chance of getting the kill.

3. Ch. 13 – The infamous game freeze occurred just before the heavy enemy with the LMG was to enter the room.

4. Ch. 5 – Fabiana took one in the skull. Bullet went right through the enemy and took her life. 

Spoiler

Max was left bewildered as to why so many women die around him.

5th Attempt was final, had 9 painkillers ready for the final part of the game and made it through.

• Like 2