Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

3rd attempt: at the beginning of chapter 9 . The last policeman of this area somehow insta throw his grenade. I was in shootdodge and landed exactly at the spot of the grenade. The grenade insta explodes and I didnt even had time to react to that. Rly sad moment

1 - Chapter 6-2: Wife distracted me, took my eyes of the screen for a few seconds thinking I'm moving up the stairs, I was not, ceiling fell on me.

2 - Chapter 8: Had no bullet time, somehow missed my shot on the sniper, he turned around and insta killed me.

3: Chapter 13: Max turned around after picking up the rocket launcher, didn't have enough time to turn back and shoot the car.

4: Chapter 13: Game froze at the magic LMG guy spot.

To be continued... (Hopefully not) 

• Like 3

On 15/09/2021 at 0:26 PM, AJ_Radio said:

It's completely random whether the game will freeze or not. Had the exact same freeze when I basically melee'd the guy who came out from the right office. Got there a second time, managed to get the LMG guy to spawn but died to him. Third time, melee'd the exact same dude as before, but the game didn't freeze.

I did not use bullet time to kill the last dude, which seems to make the game glitch for a lot of people.

Keep at it man. You will make it eventually.

Eventually managed to do it. It's not a hard trophy in terms of difficulty. What makes it hard is the game-breaking freezes and overall bugs you encounter.

Chapter 13 froze a total of 6 out of 8 times. The first time I got through I died in Chapter 14. The second time was easy and finished with 8 pain killers. Don't think there's anything specific you can do to avoid the glitch. I tried different things every time. The last time it worked, I mixed up the order of the massacre and made sure I didn't use bullet time to kill the final guy (played offline, with golden guns enabled). I also made a note to not kill the guy in the right office cubicle last. More often than not, he was the one that brought on the glitch.

Big thanks to @SlowQuorex and @Sisik2205 for listening to me rant and putting up with my foul language over our Discord and for giving me words of encouragement and motivation to keep at it. You the best trophy homies a guy could ask for.

• Like 4

1st Attempt: In Chapter 5 while the chase with the boot exact at the end I shot Fabianne, although Im more then sure I aimed on that guy who stays on the front of Fabianne. Before that I shot two guys of five on that boot with one shot! Here I should notice that my bullets pierce through enemies. So that was also the chase with Fabianne. We need rly be careful that we aim the head of that guy and not his body or else Fabianne can be killed by that shot aswell.

2nd attempt: chapter 6-2 and another bug. I was shootingthe last enemy (there was three where they tried to push the records container) and the bullet cam started. But I always skip that with circle but then he didnt died from my bullet and I tried to shot another bullet but he killed me then...for real. this game

3rd attempt: at the beginning of chapter 9 . The last policeman of this area somehow insta throw his grenade. I was in shootdodge and landed exactly at the spot of the grenade. The grenade insta explodes and I didnt even had time to react to that. Rly sad moment

4th attempt: I just set the shoot trigger to R1 and I wasnt comfortable with it, so I changed the trigger back, but I didnt know I set the Shootbutton to L2. In Chapter 1 while Rodrigos escaping the Van I couldnt shoot the enemies and I wondered why until I realised what mess I did. Rodrigos died of course, lmao

5th attempt: I dont even want to count that. At the start of Chapter 1 I missed so many bullets that I was annoyed and wanted to restart the run.

6th attempt: Damn, I was so nervous for real.

SjyxVaO.jpeg

My heart went to 120, but I finally did it. I was nervous at end of chapter 13 as soon as I fought the endboss police man. I always had somehow trouble there, but to my luck I did it with 1 painkiller pill. BTW. in the area of the lmg guy, before I killed the policemens I pressed start and waitet 5minutes to prevent the glitch. Im happy I have never engaged that especially glitch.

Chapter 14 is really easy. I had enough time (almost 30minutes) and played very carefully to save as many painkillers as possible. But it wasnt even necessary.

The endfight is really easy: You have three luggage carrier there. Each carrier can tank one grenade from the major. The Major always shot a grenade if a new vehicle is coming. So it is really easy. He hit me with one grenade but thanks to the tank luggage carrier I survived that and changed to the other carrier.

Good luck guys.

Edited by Bilal_Ibrahim
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

I made it!!! I just made it! I was so nervous after chapter 11. So I took a day break for each Chapter12, 13, and 14. (While taking breaks, I practiced at least 5x times on regular New York Minute with my another PS3 right before I started the chapter12, 13, and 14) 

I found that the glitch/freeze happens when I speedrun it(even with offline and golden gun turned off) on Chapter7, 11, and 13. So I paused during game(start button) and waited about 10 mins on APC and LMG guy. 

First Day

Attempt1 - Chapter 11: Last stand from last yacht fight and could not find the guy

Second Day 

Attempt2 - Chapter 4-1: Last stand and too much smoke to find the guy 

Attempt3 - Chapter5: Grenade on my face

Attempt4 - Chapter3: Last stand from one of IT tower guys and he was behind the stairs

Attempt5 - Chapter 10: Game did not load property and killed by first two snipers

Attempt6 - Chapter 9: Too nervous on QTE and press L2 twice

Attemp7 - Chapter3: Left Passo and killed

Attempt8 - Chapter5: Grenade on my face again

Attempt9 - Chapter 10: Glitch I guess. Kill cam activated on the first fight inside of Bus Depot, there was another guy behind me and killed by him

Attempt10 - Chapter7: Game Froze at the last fight

Third Day 

Attempt11 - Made it!

Good luck everyone ;)

Holy moly did you really do 10 attempts in one day? If so... you're a madman! 

Congrats on getting it finished. Now you can take a well deserved break before you lose any more brain cells from this game. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2021 at 3:45 AM, z99f said:

Holy moly did you really do 10 attempts in one day? If so... you're a madman! 

Congrats on getting it finished. Now you can take a well deserved break before you lose any more brain cells from this game. 

Thanks! Yeah, I know lol I just rushed those 9 attempts to get at least 15 mins by Chapter10. Just killed by doing speedrun.

BTW, I had a really rare glitch on my final run. From Becker's fight, the police car wont exploded, the last enemies was enable to kill with the dual pistols, Becker throwed 4th grenade, and this enemy throwed the grenade without animation. I thought I had to restart, but luckily I killed him with another weapon on the ground. Weird and scared lol

Edited by Ellieeeeeaeeeeee
  • Like 2

Some of my attempts:

Chapter IV: LMS in the windows in the beginning of part 2 and can't shoot him back.

Chapter V and VI: grenade from nowhere.

Chapter IX: run out of painkillers in grenade launcher section. Also, sniper kill me because i was too slow shooting.

Chapter X: grenade again and ending section LMS with no shooting angle.

Chapter XIII: too slow using grenade launcher and LMS. No chance at all.

Personal Advices: Memorize painkillers, enemy spawn and how many are in each section.

Unlike guide i recommend using double handed weapons (but 2 different), especially if you suck at shooting like me.

Always avoid LMS, shooting too close and aiming or reloading without cover.

And above all, PATIENCE.

TAK87BB.png

• Like 2

#1: Chapter 3 After running past the sniper the first time, rushed and continued to the next area without killing the last enemy which resulted Passos getting killed.

#2. Chapter 2 Shot Giovanna near the end of the section when protecting her. Was kind of expecting to fail because I had no Bullet Time.

#3. Same part in #2 but an enemy I didn't see got to Giovanna only had a second to react.

This is kind of embarrassing because the only parts I failed on in NYM was in chapter 7 and 13.

EDIT
#4 Died at Becker...

EDIT 2

#5 Same as #3

#6 DONE. Not too bad, especially when 4/5 failed attempts were in the first chapters. Thanks for the tips and good luck to those still attempting. Still need to get Collectibles, Old School and Hardcore.

Edited by LunaKishi
  • Like 1

#1 Died in the kitchen in chapter 4, because I'm stupid. There's no excuse to die there.

#2 Chapter 5. Died in the area with the most enemies because I shootdodged and fell on a grenade that I failed to shoot.

#3 The game screwed me. In Chapter 8, some asshole killed Passos in the church from afar. Even if hypothetically, the only way for an enemy to kill him is if we let someone get close to where he is.

#4 Chapter 5-2. Probably the most stupid thing in this entire thread: I shot Fabiana on the boat. 

#5 Chapter 6-2. I managed to get killed by one of the 3 soldiers in the end, because he rolled to the side and shot me.

#6 Chapter 7, in the big house. I was with 60% health and some bastard shot me down and he was nowhere to be seen.

This is so frustrating. I think everyone who's trying this had the same thought than me: after playing so many times and memorizing everything in the game like I did, it shouldn't be that difficult.

Let's see if I'll have a better luck tomorrow.

Day 2

#7 Not worth mentioning

#8 Same as #2, one area before

#9 Chapter 12. The boss in the end killed me and I fell in a position that I couldn't aim at him. I jumped at his direction by mistake and missed the sniper shot. I didn't even got angry. Just stopped for a while to ponder how idiot I am.

#10 I finally made it. I almost got killed on chapter 12 again, just like #6. But this time I got lucky because he was a very tiny bit out of cover. 

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading the post your NYMH failurea thread and I have had far too many attempts to list. I am making very slow progress at getting better. I must admit Chapter 14 on New York Minute I was playing that level every day for a week or 2 before I was finally able to finish it.

Most of my attempts I've not got past Chapter 3 yet and often fail on Chapter 3. I've managed to get through to Chapter 4 Part 2 once and that was my furthest attempt l died at Max's apartment. Second closest I've got was Chapter 4 Part 1 (alleyway with all the vehicles).

I'm pretty frustrated that I make such slow progress compared to most people my skills aren't that great not sure if it's my age (38) or with me being autistic I just need more practice than most players.

Possibly I play too many attempts a day. For example today was around 5.30pm till 11pm on and off stopped go cook tea, eat tea, wash up, feed the dogs and play with the dogs and take them on their toilet breaks, and cup of tea / toilet breaks so paused the game quite a lot and also know which cut scenes are long so I can have breaks while they are on.

My very first nymhc attempt I got all the way to chapter 13. Died to the first laser room (elevators). I had the grenade launcher out and guess what? Some motherfucker put me in lms..

2nd attempt (same day) Chapter 11, did a shootdodge on the floor thats full of guys and I fell on the deck bellow and died. Depressing as hell ?

3rd attempt (again same day) chapter 11 again, deck that's full of guys AGAIN, one of the soldiers from outside put me in lms very quick and I couldn't find him.

Edited by rotarynights_

Day 2.

1st attempt, died in chapter 4.2, I tried to kill all the laser guys but one of them put me in lms, max was literally doing a barrel roll during it and the window blocked me completely (even when switching shoulders)

2nd attempt, very stupid fail in chapter 2, I had no bullet time and kept missing the guy that was chasing giovanna, she died.

3rd attempt, chapter 5, the well known grenade area, I see a grenade flying to my left, I go right immediately yet I still get blown up..

Im so fucking mad I just wanna move on to other games ?

Edited by rotarynights_

Slow progress continues on my most recent attempt I've managed to make it to about a third way through Chapter 6. Died due to running out of ammo and trying to roll / shootdodge to getting some more ammo off the bodies. Been feeling a bit depressed like giving up on this game but it does seem with lots of attempts I get further than ever before sometimes so I must be making some progress and getting closer. I tend to struggle with permadeath modes I usually rely on checkpoints far too much in many games so definitely a big challenge for me.

Played on and off all day a lot of poor attempts dying mostly on Chapter 2 and 3. Something often goes wrong on the helicopter / sniping section such as shooting Fabiana or running out of billet time and panicking letting her get shot. Had a few annoying crashes today also one where the kill camera showed my latest kill and Max did some dialog and the timer paused but wouldn't start up again I could pause the game and go into menus but nope wouldn't come back. More stupidly I've actually brushed the touch sensitive power button by mistake and reset my console...

Day 3, SUCCESS! (8 attempts)

1st attempt, failed in chapter 5.2, I nailed fabiana with a headshot, funny thing is I was joking around saying "fabiana you are about to get domed ?" and I actually shot her.

2nd attempt, I made it!

Lots of close calls, ran out of pks in chapter 6 at one point, almost got grenaded again in chapter 5, chapter 13 almost died to the famous lmg guy (thankfully it didn't freeze, I was signed out of psn and had golden guns on but I did pause the game for 10 mins before entering, avoided going left and I shot the last guy with bullet time. Also when I failed my previous attempt I just pressed restart on the fail screen). I got grenaded once by becker at the end too which was scary

Tips I can give yall

1. When shooting in bullet time mostly, crouch so you can dodge the incoming bullets

2. During lms you can change shoulders to get a better angle

3. Again during lms the camera slowly turns towards the area of the enemy that shot you, use that to your advantage and look around for the red dot if you can't see them ex. smoke blocking your view also increase brightness if it's really dark during lms and cant see shit.

4. Learn the game first, leave this trophy for last and don't do other games so you can fully focus on this.

5. DO NOT SHOOTDODGE IN CHAPTER 11, if you fall off the deck it's over (happened to me)

6. Stay calm, only reason I ran out of pks in chapter 6 is because I was scared of the IT guy getting blown up. Panicking will get you killed

7. Right after shooting the grenade launcher switch to your pistol so you don't get caught in lms and die.

8Read everyone elses experience with this trophy, you will definitely learn a thing or two and learn from your mistakes!

Edited by rotarynights_

• 2 weeks later...

I can't even get through the last few chapters on NYM, I've got no chance for NYMHC. I'm probably going to have to quit this game soon

*Edit*

It took dozens of tries but I finally finished NYMHC. So many runs ended by a glitch or a slip up. Sometimes the game would just decide not to load the level: 

I'm just glad it's finally done. My advice is to just stick with it and eventually you should get it.

Edited by GoosefacedKillah

• 3 months later...

I saw this thread when I started this game long ago and made sure to keep a running list of attempts for this trophy. My first 4 attempts were years ago, and then I came back last year to finally complete this 100%. Absolutely obnoxious trophy. 

1. Chapter 3: Killed by 1st sniper
  2. Chapter 4 Part 1: Ran up to the last enemy in the bar and Passos instantly died in a cutscene. 
  3. Chapter 3: Died in LMS in area before 1st sniper encounter
  4. Chapter 10: Ran out of painkillers after railing falls
  5. Chapter 3: Door to next area wouldn’t open. Killed by shotgun in LMS who was around corner behind me
  6. Chapter 3: Passos dies from me forgetting an enemy and going too far ahead
  7. Chapter 3: Shot by sniper at the end
  8. Chapter 3: Shot by sniper at the end (this was my first playthrough after 2 weeks... should’ve checked this list first.)
  9. Chapter 4 Part 2: Ran out of painkillers in the car shop.
  10. Chapter 13: Died in LMS. Super demoralizing.
  11. Chapter 11: Infinite loading screen glitch :/

Since NYMHC is on normal, you will do it eventually as you familiarize yourself with all the painkiller and enemy locations. It’s just a matter of persistence. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 5:29 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

late to the party but I'll post anyway :)

1. ran out of time in chapter 3

2. missed enemy during sniper section in chapter 2. Giovanna got killed

3. accidentally shot Giovanna in sniper section chapter 2

4. last man stand and couldn't find the enemy in chapter 8

5. accidentally shot Fabiana in the boat in chapter 5

6. ran out of painkillers in the office shootout in chapter 6 and got killed

7. ran out of ammo in chapter 3 and got killed

8. killed by sniper in chapter 8

9. missed driver during jeep QTE in chapter 6. Got ran over

10. ran out of ammo in chapter 3 and got killed

11. ran out of ammo in chapter 13 and got killed

12. ran out of ammo in chapter 3 and got killed

13. ran out of ammo in chapter 3 and got killed 

14. ran out of ammo in chapter 3 and got killed

15. fell off pier after zip line in chapter 11

16. got killed in chapter 5 (was having an off game since the start)

17. last man stand couldn't find the enemy in chapter 13

18. SUCCESS!

looking back.. chapters 3, 8 and 13 gave me the most trouble. as soon as I passed 13 it was smooth sailing.. even tho I only had roughly 37 seconds left by the time I got to the last hanger boss fight lol

decided to replay this for shits and giggles on Series X

took me only 2 attempts

(Passos ran in front of me in chapter 11 ? and got killed)

completed it easily the second try

• Like 1