Nogg's Challenges #2 MGR Revengence

Whew that was tough. I didn't get the radio operator trophy though which is annoying. Haven't done the dialog for cutting a civilians clothes off or letting them die so ill try that one. 

Most people here would know that the maramasa blade is the best. It is true for bosses but the best overall sword is the armor breaker. You can break the armor of almost any enemy in minimal time and then go for the sneaky zandatsu. When i found out how OP it was i used it almost all game. Also for the people thinking to buy the fox blade i would say don't worry you will waste your money.

The parts that i had trouble with were:

* Sundowner - Although he is an easy boss by himself you must get at least a 50 hit combo and the helicopter shooting ruins your no damage bonus. The evade is very useful when the explodable Armour is up  

* Double boss fight (Mistral and Monsoon AI) - I managed to do this twice with no damage but both times it didn't get me the bonus so i had to do everything else perfectly. The perfect parry does massive damage against mistral and you need a few EMP grenades for monsoon

* 2nd battle mission 4 - Whoever came up with this idea as a ranked fight is an idiot. A game focused around swordplay then makes you use mostly only guns because of an invisible barrier. The way i did it was i equipped the nano paste and when the Grad came i went crazy on it with the mounted gun. I will be surprised if any of you can do it with no damage. I almost died

* Double Grad fight - If these were by themselves it would be less annoying. but there are so many explodable barrels in a small space. Your best option would be to perfect parry the second one then its 1v1. stun with sai and go nuts.

The camera can also change at bad times, and when i wanted to use the sai it would never hit the one you want. Rockets are your biggest enemy in this game.

By the way is anyone else using the PS4 controller. I find it to be more comfortable.

Whew that was tough. I didn't get the radio operator trophy though which is annoying. Haven't done the dialog for cutting a civilians clothes off or letting them die so ill try that one. 

Most people here would know that the maramasa blade is the best. It is true for bosses but the best overall sword is the armor breaker. You can break the armor of almost any enemy in minimal time and then go for the sneaky zandatsu. When i found out how OP it was i used it almost all game. Also for the people thinking to buy the fox blade i would say don't worry you will waste your money.

The parts that i had trouble with were:

* Sundowner - Although he is an easy boss by himself you must get at least a 50 hit combo and the helicopter shooting ruins your no damage bonus. The evade is very useful when the explodable Armour is up  

* Double boss fight (Mistral and Monsoon AI) - I managed to do this twice with no damage but both times it didn't get me the bonus so i had to do everything else perfectly. The perfect parry does massive damage against mistral and you need a few EMP grenades for monsoon

* 2nd battle mission 4 - Whoever came up with this idea as a ranked fight is an idiot. A game focused around swordplay then makes you use mostly only guns because of an invisible barrier. The way i did it was i equipped the nano paste and when the Grad came i went crazy on it with the mounted gun. I will be surprised if any of you can do it with no damage. I almost died

* Double Grad fight - If these were by themselves it would be less annoying. but there are so many explodable barrels in a small space. Your best option would be to perfect parry the second one then its 1v1. stun with sai and go nuts.

The camera can also change at bad times, and when i wanted to use the sai it would never hit the one you want. Rockets are your biggest enemy in this game.

By the way is anyone else using the PS4 controller. I find it to be more comfortable.

Congrats man! I can safely assume you will be the winner. You need only invest, at most, 5 hours and the plat is yours. 

• Like 2

How is everyone doing so far. By the sounds of it this game is going to be really hard and slow. I am yet to start but have a copy, think I will wait to weekend to jump in, but I don't like my chances of plating this one

Been playing more PS3 last week so will probably switch across to ps4 controller as well

Edited by cjshaitan

Congrats man! I can safely assume you will be the winner. You need only invest, at most, 5 hours and the plat is yours. 

Thanks mate. And woohoo the platinum is mine  :D 

How is everyone doing so far. By the sounds of it this game is going to be really hard and slow. I am yet to start but have a copy, think I will wait to weekend to jump in, but I don't like my chances of plating this one

Been playing more PS3 last week so will probably switch across to ps4 controller as well

From what ive gathered people make it seem harder than it actually is. It takes a while to get used to the controls (trust me i didn't know what the f*** i was doing at the start). Its mainly about timing and being able to parry so if you have a decent reaction time you'll be fine. Even if you don't manage to plat it is still worth the play.

Good luck to the rest of the participants and whenever i can give advise i will . Im also hoping for a sequel

Edited by Gibbo_0113
  • Like 1

It is hard but not slow. The game only lasts 4 hours I think. I did it in 7 getting everything and spending a lot of time on the codec.

I just got the 1st place for VR mission 1 guys! In 35 seconds as well. For the first wave cut the guy at the left of Raiden 1st because he usually throws a grenade and backs out. For the second wave get the gekko to charge you and run towards him. But don't parry his attack, parry a bit earlier so Raiden counterattacks one of the bullets and stuns the Gekko. Here I lucked out because as I killed the Gekko I could kill 2 guys that got near as well. 

• Like 2

I finished VR mission 5. I am so through with these fucking game that I don't even wanna keep playing. Those VR missions are utter bullshit. Why do they test you at random situations that have nothing to do with the core game? OMG. It doesn't help that the dipshit who filmed himself stumbling through these challenges beat them by less than a second sometimes. The icing in the bullshit cake is that for this particular challenge the guy offers NO ADVICE WHATSOEVER! He just says you get the feel for it and you proceed to see him luck out and do some things that are actually helpful.

The first wave has three groups of enemies. For starters grab every grenade here guys! Then focus on the right or left side. It is quite helpful that you aim at the base of the pillar so the grenade doesn't bounce off that much. Also a good method to get those fuckers is to thorw a grenade and wait for two of them to keep walking and throw another, then you can go away and almost all the time you will kill them. Do the same for the other side. Now go to the middle and throw the grenade at the center ot the group, just on the head of the Gekko. If done right you should kill all guys right away.

Recommended time up to this point -32 seconds AT MOST.

The second wave is just two groups with one Gekko on top and 5 others circling around it in both cases. For this one wait until at least three Gekko spawn and throw the grenade on top of the head of the dancing Gekko. Aim a little further than his body but without pointing away from the pillar. It should kill all guys. If not, you may consider to restart if you don't kill them with the next grenade. Do the same for the second group far away. For this one aim so that the reticule is pointing at least at double the height of the Gekko, but right on top of it. You may kill all or most. 

Recommended time up to this point - 1 minute 

The third wave is not that tricky. Two groups of Gekko that take a bit to get together. Aim for the left first. Kill the gekko on top right away and then aim for the gekko this time. Because they are close together you should get a lot with one grenade. The second group is like those of the second wave. Apply the same strategy. Pointing a little bit farther and killing the remaining foes with grenades pointing at the base of the pillar.

Mandatory time up to this point - 1 minute 20 seconds 

Here is where you will be made or you will be broken. You have to run at the left side and start spamming grenades so they fall a little north-east of the right-most pillar. Just spam every single grenade you have and if the timing was correct (i.e. you didn't hesitate), every single one of those scum will be dead. It takes over a second for the challenge to end so plan accordingly.

I did this in 1:25 so you have a bit of time to waste. Also if you ever run out of grenades in the middle of a wave, maybe consider restarting. 

I hope I will be of help. This platinum is killing me.

Edited by NICK16_06
  • Like 2

Finally got my copy today, I've played for about 2 hours and I'm in the middle of file R-02 and man this game is fun. Running around slicing enemies, but I gotta say that so far it's proved to be quite challenging especially that Wolf thing, took me half an hour to beat it and I'm playing on normal. Starting to get the hang of it now , 5 trophies so far should be 7 when I finish this chapter. I'm gonna be doing the codec on my next playthrough.

• Like 1

Finally got my copy today, I've played for about 2 hours and I'm in the middle of file R-02 and man this game is fun. Running around slicing enemies, but I gotta say that so far it's proved to be quite challenging especially that Wolf thing, took me half an hour to beat it and I'm playing on normal. Starting to get the hang of it now , 5 trophies so far should be 7 when I finish this chapter. I'm gonna be doing the codec on my next playthrough.

These types of games are always hard the first time around. Then you play again with upgrades and its a breeze.  :D

I wonder how cj is doing :hmm:

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys, but I'd say that the results are as clear as day and *knight* (get it? Cause batman?). I've spent the last week downloading MGR:R (don't judge, my internet sucks) so I'll be looking forward to finally playing this 19gb behemoth no matter the outcome of this vote.

So little bit of a call out post here ..... Saltyie requests this game then does his all out best to make sure it's chosen over my choice praising the virtues of this game and some such shite and then only plays to 1%. I mean WTF is that. I hope he lifts his game or otherwise I motion that he gets moved to the walls of cowards for his deceptive play.

Perhaps it's time to stand up to your big words Sir. :)

So little bit of a call out post here ..... Saltyie requests this game then does his all out best to make sure it's chosen over my choice praising the virtues of this game and some such shite and then only plays to 1%. I mean WTF is that. I hope he lifts his game or otherwise I motion that he gets moved to the walls of cowards for his deceptive play.

Perhaps it's time to stand up to your big words Sir. :)

haha maybe he also has the attention span of a 3 yr old  :P

• Like 1

I regret ever starting this game...

Well this inspires me with confidence ....... :)

Woah there's some nasty things getting thrown around right now. Fyi I just completed R-03 and am at 11%, I just have to find the right time to play it between rentals and new releases is all.

Playful banter Saltyie I am sure none of us would gain any pleasure seeing your name on the wall of cowards .................... I think

So looks like only a few days left in this comp so looking forward to handing out some prizes. Looks like Gibbo has this one in the bag and Nick for second. Will wait for Nogg to annouce the final results over the next few days and then will be in touch with prizes.

Look forward to seeing what gams the winner picks for next month

• Like 2