Nogg's Challenges #2 MGR Revengence

Don't have it yet ..... went into Rip of Merchants R us today and they wanted $39 for a preowned copy ..... so they can fark right off will check tomorrow at different store otherwise will just buy online for like $18 I think on the store. Aiming to start sunday :)

How r u going with it ?

Sadly I don't have my game yet, should have it Tuesday. Bought it for 12 bucks from EB preowned but ordered it online so might take some time ...

Well, lookey here, more badass events in da house. :jaymon:

I guess in all the time I spend hosting my own, I totally forget to check around to see what others are doing, too. :ninja:

I already own both Dead Space and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance but, didn't notice these were even going on. :(

Very generous of you, Mr. Nogg and good luck to all of the participants! :)

P.S. lol @ wall of shame. No surprises there. :lol:

• Like 1

Well, lookey here, more badass events in da house. :jaymon:

I guess in all the time I spend hosting my own, I totally forget to check around to see what others are doing, too. :ninja:

I already own both Dead Space and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance but, didn't notice these were even going on. :(

Very generous of you, Mr. Nogg and good luck to all of the participants! :)

P.S. lol @ wall of shame. No surprises there. :lol:

Why don't you join? We're only 2 days into the event and most of us haven't even started!

• Like 1

I have some advice for you folks! Use your codec at every checkpoint. I guess that the first playthrough will take the longest for all because the codec conversations are never ending, even if you fast forward them all. Also use your codec during battles, during boss battles, after you rescue a citizen, you get the idea. I played a whole bunch yesterday and only finished a mission because of those damned codecs!

• Like 1

I've just played a few hours and beaten R-01 on Normal difficulty. I am loving this game so far, it captures the awesome action feeling I never got with other praised games in the genre like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, the animation quality is really high, the transitions from light to heavy attacks is always fluid even if you're just mashing. The music caught me off guard, It really adds to the situation, even the chainsaw dog fight was badass at the end when the vocals kicked in. The story just goes into the Metal Gear Solid endgame with Private Militaries and Nanomachines, and I consider it to have never happened, it's just too bizarre even for Metal Gear standards. Running down a clocktower and picking up a Metal Gear Ray by it's wing-arm is just a bit too over the top. Thats not to say I'm not enjoying it, I just have to approach it as a standalone title with nothing to do with the main franchise.

I missed a dismember-able arm in the first chapter, can anyone tell me if  can go back and get it through chapter select or a new playthrough?  

• Like 3

Your collectibles carry over.  You can chapter select them or pick them up on your second play through. I believe the codecs are the same, although I'm not sure if you can track which ones you have and have not seen.

I just got home from my anniversary trip, need to knock out some paperwork, get the kids, unpack, etc.  Might get back to this tonight, if not I'll start it up again tomorrow.

" Private Militaries, Nanomachines, wing-arms and dismember--able arms " ........... Yep pretty sure I will be totally lost in 5 mins :)

Haha... right there with ya. :|  What gets me is the excessive acronym usage... SOPs, PMCs, CNT... ermm... yeah. Whatever.   :giggle:  Just tell me where to go to do my slicey-slice-slice.

I am at 4:17 hours and just starting the 4th mission. I have been very thorough with the conversations so I hope I get the trophy. I can see that getting no damage on some bosses and S ranks is going to be ridiculous. But I won't buy the Fox Blade! I will beat the game without conjuring the powers of capitalism.

• Like 1

I am loving the game. Anything that lets me slice and dice enemies is good in my book. The "cut at will' description is spot on. First level i got excited and cut everything. I had to restart because i destroyed the stairs.

A tip for the humanoid geckos. Make sure to get them in one play through as it is glitched or do a speed run at then end like i will be doing.  

Guys I have finished the campaign and thankfully got the Radio Achievement! Also got all but 3 collectibles. I clocked in at 7 hours I think... I am moving on to the easier VR missions. A tip on these is that if you struggle to do the gold time with the PSTrophies guide, look at Youtube for alternative ways. I found that the guy on the guide barely makes some of the times and his methods are not optimal.
For example if you want an easier way to do VR mission 7, watch this vid: 

EDIT: For Mission 8 I did this method:
Edited by NICK16_06
  • Like 1

Also for VR Mission 9. Do everything on the guide, except for this. Equip the Sai, then do the double  :triangle: attack on the dwarf Gekko while jumping as fast as possible. Time it right so it connects, and as soon as it does, Blade cancel the animation. Jump and continue the normal path. Also while you Ninja run and cut the fake wall, be sure to slide both times. Doing this will allow you to get the required time constraint even if you are knocked out with a rocket. So it is vital to get the medal as quickly as possible.

Hoping that MGR:R wins. If so, the game difficulty is overrated. Monsoon can easily be killed within a few tries if you do this method.

Very true. I even found the first boss to be harder than monsoon. The only difficult part with monsoon is the very first sequence as he is unpredictable. The following sequences you can 1 hit him with charged bloodlust pinsers. The next fight with machine gun and grad was a pain in the ass though. 

Guys I have finished the campaign and thankfully got the Radio Achievement! Also got all but 3 collectibles. I clocked in at 7 hours I think... I am moving on to the easier VR missions. A tip on these is that if you struggle to do the gold time with the PSTrophies guide, look at Youtube for alternative ways. I found that the guy on the guide barely makes some of the times and his methods are not optimal.

For example if you want an easier way to do VR mission 7, watch this vid: 

Congrats. What level did the radio achievement pop up? The most difficult VR missions were 1 and 18. The problem with 1 is even if you finish before 40 seconds it takes another 5 to actually finish. 18 everything 1 hit kills you and you have no upgrades. 

• Like 1

Very true. I even found the first boss to be harder than monsoon. The only difficult part with monsoon is the very first sequence as he is unpredictable. The following sequences you can 1 hit him with charged bloodlust pinsers. The next fight with machine gun and grad was a pain in the ass though. 

Congrats. What level did the radio achievement pop up? The most difficult VR missions were 1 and 18. The problem with 1 is even if you finish before 40 seconds it takes another 5 to actually finish. 18 everything 1 hit kills you and you have no upgrades. 

Revengeance may be a first for me in difficulty. I decided to start my second playthrough on Ultra Hard just to psych up for the challenge that is getting the Stormbringer trophy. The last boss was the most intense battle for me. Monsoon is cheap IMO and Sam is more of a skill based and tests your parrying abilities. The last boss is up there with Gwynn for my in terms of randomness and aggressiveness, and may take the right balance of know-how and luck to pull of a no damage on it. Also some save back ups never hurt right? 

About the Radio Achievement, I got it during the MG Excelsior fight (I know it is not the name, but Stan Lee aproves). I did them very thoroughly during the last 4 missions, but I know fo sho' that I missed a lot in the first mission because I never knew there were codecs for the common enemies until the third mission. Also I never cut the clothes of a civilian because that gives you at least three more conversations. Also yeah, VR missions suck, 18 might be harder than the 6th challenge in Vanquish for what people make of it. Mission 1 depends a lot on the Gekko spawn you know? If he charges you right away you have everything on your favor to win.

• Like 2

Also yeah, VR missions suck, 18 might be harder than the 6th challenge in Vanquish for what people make of it.

lel naw, never. Every wave has an easy-to-duplicated method to cheese through, that doesn't happen on Vanquish.

VR 18 is also way faster than CH6.

lel naw, never. Every wave has an easy-to-duplicated method to cheese through, that doesn't happen on Vanquish.

VR 18 is also way faster than CH6.

It is funny because I used an easy to replicate method for Challenge 6. I followed a video to the letter LOL

Maybe I was just retarded because I watched at least 3 versions and none of them brought me to success like the video I watched from MGR VR 18.  :hmm:

I hope I can pull it off!!!

Also guys I would recommend you find every life upgrade on the levels. It is necessary for Revengeance difficulty you know? If not you'll die a lot more than needed.

Refer to this guide:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/Endurance_Plus_(Life_Up)