Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Oh right. I assumed in this circumstance that stacking would be applied as one taking plats and cross-saving them, not actual stacking by playing each game through over and over... :hmm: But that raises another argument, if they're putting the time in to plat it again, then surely it should be allowed to count as another game in the view of it having to be played fully yet again as it adds more time and an equal opportunity for plats, as opposed to games where people might cross-save plats but others will feel the need to do it legitimately again, disrupting the equality of the playing field.

I believe that's why there's a rule that creator may include the stacks if he/she desires so but there should be enough different lists so those who aren't into stacking are not in situation where they only play a few games and that's it for the thread.

• Like 1

I believe that's why there's a rule that creator may include the stacks if he/she desires so but there should be enough different lists so those who aren't into stacking are not in situation where they only play a few games and that's it for the thread.

You mean to tell me something... like this?

Well i see it like that too, i actually like to obtain duplicates. But not everyone agrees with having to play the same game several times in order to gain the top spot in a PP. It might not be that big of a deal to us but for a good chunk of people it is.

Doing it this way was actually requested by quite a few users.

• Like 1

Right, I've finalized my idea to a Front Line Mix Bag. The Front Line theme focuses on games that take us into the saddle of the finest soldiers in Gaming from ground and air...as well as in some occasion the seat of command over squads.

This theme focuses around more Human to Human combat, as opposed to anything too futuristic such as Aliens or Robots. To 100% this Project you'll also require a US account for access to CS:GO

[uPDATED] Games involved:

• Army of Two: Devil's Cartel
  • Ace Combat - Assault Horizon and Infinity
  • Air Conflicts - Pacific Carriers, Vietnam and Pacific war
  • Apache: Air Assault
  • Bodycount
  • Brink :awesome:
  • Combat Wings
  • CS:GO
  • Enemy Front
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
  • Heavy fire; Shattered Spear and Afghan
  • Medal of Honor Frontline
  • Medal of Honor 2010
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter
  • Mercs. 2
  • Op. Flashpoint - Dragon Rising and Red River
  • R.U.S.E
  • RAMBO
  • Rogue Warrior
  • Sniper Elite 2 and 3
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 and 2
  • Spec Ops the Line
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm
  • Tom Clancy's Hawx 1 and 2
  • Tom Clancy's Endwar
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Warfare
  • Unit 13

If you feel any are outliers or some need to be added, please quote so I'm aware ect.

No Battlefield? :(

Yea, just ignoring the leadeboard part. The point of PP threads is to complete a series and actually spend some quality time, which imo 5 installments is.

If one was finished with less, I'm not sure if it could actually feel like a series.

I...I'm not sure how to respond to this...

I want to first go ahead and say if I sound like a sarcastic son of a bitch then god knows I'm not doing it on purpose...

You're trying to tell me, right here and now that a series isn't a series without 5 installments and that you can't spend quality time with a series if it's less... in fact no, you claim that it wouldn't feel like a series with less than 5 games. As you can probably tell, it's extrememly hard for me to take a comment like this seriously, and in fact I'd like to start by bringing up Mass Effect, which is soon to have 4 games... and by your logic - from how I see it at the moment - it won't be a series until the fifth is released...

You can see where I'm having trouble with taking you seriously... I understand that this isn't exactly the best example either, but it's the one I felt most comfortable using.

• Like 1

All lists should be counted, you gotta understand that you can't achieve the highest rank if you are not willing to import a game from south afrika of korea to prove how much fan you are, if there is a game from there.

^^^^^^. ^^^^^^^^^^

And here we see the infamous Forum Troll in it's natural habitat. Attacking when least expected and preying on the weak-minded.

• Like 1

^^^^^^. ^^^^^^^^^^

And here we see the infamous Forum Troll in it's natural habitat. Attacking when least expected and preying on the weak-minded.

Not sure if you are serious, but you would consider yourself as much a fan of a game if you played 3 less games than another person?

Because I wouldn't and I know I can't import shit with the high prices Brazil has, but props to people who do all of them.

I...I'm not sure how to respond to this...

I want to first go ahead and say if I sound like a sarcastic son of a bitch then god knows I'm not doing it on purpose...

You're trying to tell me, right here and now that a series isn't a series without 5 installments and that you can't spend quality time with a series if it's less... in fact no, you claim that it wouldn't feel like a series with less than 5 games. As you can probably tell, it's extrememly hard for me to take a comment like this seriously, and in fact I'd like to start by bringing up Mass Effect, which is soon to have 4 games... and by your logic - from how I see it at the moment - it won't be a series until the fifth is released...

You can see where I'm having trouble with taking you seriously... I understand that this isn't exactly the best example either, but it's the one I felt most comfortable using.

I shouldn't have used the term "series", my bad.

I meant series in relation to PPs. PPs are supposed (yea, easier ones do not =D) to take some time and you should feel accomplished you have completed something.

If you repeat the one game more times, wouldn't you feel less accomplished than if you completed two completely different ones?

Again, this comes to the main reason of PPing, trying to complete many games. But not necessarily many in terms of amount, but many terms of different.

That's why stacks should only work as a bonus, actually, that's something Yuri nailed quite well. (Even if that was not serious =D) 

All this comes from my own perception of PPs so... it obviously is subjective, but that's how I see it.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I shouldn't have used the term "series", my bad.

I meant series in relation to PPs. PPs are supposed (yea, easier ones do not =D) to take some time and you should feel accomplished you have completed something.

If you repeat the one game more times, wouldn't you feel less accomplished than if you completed two completely different ones?

Again, this comes to the main reason of PPing, trying to complete many games. But not necessarily many in terms of amount, but many terms of different.

That's why stacks should only work as a bonus, actually, that's something Yuri nailed quite well. (Even if that was not serious =D)

For starters, if I'd completed the same game on two different lists and actually put the effort in to getting the plats, like fuck would I feel less accomplished, in fact I'd feel more accomplished because I had the endurance to sit through the same game twice, additinally allowing me to see anything that I would've missed in the initial playthrough. Miku would be a prime example of this, as - from what I understand - you have to do some grinding to grab the plat, being able to endure that grind twice surely would be worth the reward, non?

Additionally...uhm...Yuri didn't say anything about stacking working as a bonus... He said stacking should count towards completion (something that I quickly clarified with him in CB, in case I missed anything)

4f686c8ca8.png

• Like 2

Not sure if you are serious, but you would consider yourself as much a fan of a game if you played 3 less games than another person?

Because I wouldn't and I know I can't import shit with the high prices Brazil has, but props to people who do all of them.

I would and here's why. When I play a game and actually love it I'll go back as play it again and again regardless of whether I can earn the exact same trophies multiple times. Does that make me more or less of a fan than someone who replays a game again to earn the trophies 2 or 3 times? Is it whoever has more trophies from the same game? Whoever spent more money on the franchise? Or who spent the most with with the games? My vote is for this last one, but since there's no real way to track time spent after platinum there's no real way to measure this stat.

I truly am sorry if I offended you. Knowing that you do enjoy joking around, I just assumed you had dropped by to "poke the bear".

• Like 1

I would and here's why. When I play a game and actually love it I'll go back as play it again and again regardless of whether I can earn the exact same trophies multiple times. Does that make me more or less of a fan than someone who replays a game again to earn the trophies 2 or 3 times? Is it whoever has more trophies from the same game? Whoever spent more money on the franchise? Or who spent the most with with the games? My vote is for this last one, but since there's no real way to track time spent after platinum there's no real way to measure this stat.

I truly am sorry if I offended you. Knowing that you do enjoy joking around, I just assumed you had dropped by to "poke the bear".

You didn't offend me, don't worry. :P

But still, you can't measure time spent on a game, franchise or whatever, but I think having all lists is a certain way to guarantee that you really like the franchise. Would you play something twice if you didn't like it? I doubt it, I'm going to do Isaac again when I get my ps4 because I love it, per example. I'm going to buy a EU card that is expensive as fuck, create another UK account and purchase the game again. Gonna cost me a lot of money, but it will be worth it, because I can't wait to get naked and crying on a basement again.

In gaming, of course. If I was talking about real life, that would be just another day in the office.

• Like 1

So you're telling me, a rank that's neccassary to the PP is now a Bonus?

Yeah...I really can't take you seriously anymore

Satoshi means that you can have an "extra" platinum rank as well as the normal one. I did the exact thing with the AC PP, having Chronicles: China and Freedom Cry bonuses which could get you that top-top tier. Both platinum rankings would still give the exact amount of points to the leaderboard which is 12. Get what I mean?

• Like 1

Satoshi means that you can have an "extra" platinum rank as well as the normal one. I did the exact thing with the AC PP, having Chronicles: China and Freedom Cry bonuses which could get you that top-top tier. Both platinum rankings would still give the exact amount of points to the leaderboard which is 12. Get what I mean?

I get that... But the 100%'s are less effort than full plat lists... If the only award you get for maxing out each version of each game in a PP is a different title then it's doesn't encourage people to reach out for the maximum completion value that they'd be getting if maxing out each version was an actual requirement...

Personally I see the PP as a way to push people to their maximum potential and grab as many plats as they can, because lets admit it at the end of the day that's what's going on, if we don't push them to go quite literally all out then suddenly competitors who are hardcore and want to do everything fall into a similar category to those who do everything, but only to the extent that gets them points... If you get what I'm saying

Edited by Lillybuk
  • Like 2

I get that... But the 100%'s are less effort than full plat lists... If the only award you get for maxing out each version of each game in a PP is a different title then it's doesn't encourage people to reach out for the maximum completion value that they'd be getting if maxing out each version was an actual requirement...

Personally I see the PP as a way to push people to their maximum potential and grab as many plats as they can, because lets admit it at the end of the day that's what's going on, if we don't push them to go quite literally all out then suddenly competitors who are hardcore and want to do everything fall into a similar category to those who do everything, but only to the extent that gets them points... If you get what I'm saying

Personally, I like to think of PP's as a fun way to try and push yourself into playing/platting every (unique)game in a series without turning it into an unnecessary chore than what it already is. I wouldn't want to buy and plat a game another time just to prove to people that I'm a fan of a series. Gotta take into consideration that not everyone has the luxury of being able to buy games whenever they want - I wouldn't want to buy a game I already have/had. It's cool that people are enthusiastic about their interests when they plat the same game multiple times, but I don't feel it should be obligatory towards these as that's just taking it a bit too seriously, but that's just my opinion

And tbh, I also think the majority of people don't actually care about where they place in the overall leaderboards (the same majority that participates in PP's for fun). For the people who are hardcore competitors, why don't they participate in every or most PP's and aim for the top spots in the leaderboards? I thought the leaderboards were originally for the competitors (< I said tit hehe)

It's cool that others want to see it as a competitive thing though, I do understand what you mean. Unfortunately this is where all the fuss is arising, just a clash of people's opinions against others. (as you can already tell :P)

• Like 1

In my opinion having the platinum for a game multiple times doesn't show your a big fan than someone who did it once. Your already a bigger fan than normal when you go for the platinum trophy. But when your playing The Walking Dead for a 3rd time or Sound Shapes for a 6th your really not doing it cause you enjoy that much, it's more about scoring an easy platinum while using the whole being a fan thing as a cover story. Its unecessary to include multiples just like it would be to force people to buy all dlc for a game to 100%.

• Like 1