SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

16 hours ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

Just keep trying ;) You will gonna do it.

Girlboy took me around 6h Playtime, Impossible around 12h total.

Just a real real good hint. Swap your level Cycle if you observe changes in you consistency. If you see you do levels better than you did in the beginning of you tries. Take the others you fail more often way earlier to the first levels to be done.

Since in your practice, your consistency might change aswell trough muscle memory.

Btw you got a pretty badass profile ! I bet you will do it !

Yo, thanks a lot for the motivation. Yeah i am already doing that, level 1,4,13,16,20 are the biggest run killers i had, 13 by far tbh. But i found 4 and 16 impossible to do nervous, i just cant do it, so i need to put them very earlier. I got a 18 streak now and had left 4 and 16 lol, never again. I have never seen a game that breaks you inside like this shit EVER, the nerves are INSANE on this one, i cant imagine how bad ZOMBIE BOY AND IMPOSSIBLE BOY will be, might as well take 50-100h each

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Yo, thanks a lot for the motivation. Yeah i am already doing that, level 1,4,13,16,20 are the biggest run killers i had, 13 by far tbh. But i found 4 and 16 impossible to do nervous, i just cant do it, so i need to put them very earlier. I got a 18 streak now and had left 4 and 16 lol, never again. I have never seen a game that breaks you inside like this shit EVER, the nerves are INSANE on this one, i cant imagine how bad ZOMBIE BOY AND IMPOSSIBLE BOY will be, might as well take 50-100h each

I completely understand where you're coming from.  But it's important to remember that if it weren't for this, the Platinum one be so worth earning in the first place.

Who takes pride in earning Megamind's Platinum?  Exactly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, g34hgfggn said:

I completely understand where you're coming from.  But it's important to remember that if it weren't for this, the Platinum one be so worth earning in the first place.

Who takes pride in earning Megamind's Platinum?  Exactly.

Yh it is just very frustrating because you know it is all mental,as soon as i die i get the level first go lool, nuts

I finally got it! Talking to a friend on a party chat helped a lot with the pressure lol, still it took me 20 min going through the 20 levels pausing and taking a breath, i was shaking lol, i had lost a couple streaks of 17 and 18 and 1 of 19. Here is the video of my run: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This game is madness, I've cleared a good chunk of hard platinums without too much struggle, but SMB is different... Blood Clot boy took me 2 and a half hours, and it's only the 5th hardest deathless run in the game 

4 minutes ago, B0nkeeerss said:

This game is madness, I've cleared a good chunk of hard platinums without too much struggle, but SMB is different... Blood Clot boy took me 2 and a half hours, and it's only the 5th hardest deathless run in the game 

Tbh, if you can do Blood Clot Boy in 2 and a half hours on your first run with the game, you can definitely do the platinum! Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Datboy1991 said:

Tbh, if you can do Blood Clot Boy in 2 and a half hours on your first run with the game, you can definitely do the platinum! Keep it up!

If there's something I don't lack, it's motivation. It's only a matter of when I'll platinum the game, but so far it's wayyyy harder than anything else I ever did, what I managed to do in 12h of gameplay is arguably harder than Crash 4, that took 4x longer 

• 4 weeks later...

Just started playing kind of want to keep track of progress. playing on ps4...

Wood boy complete 1/24 trophies current death toll 18 :) 

curious do I need to livestream my progress only asking due to seeing people getting flagged and stuff. cant afford a capture card or computer right now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to vent here how frustrating this game is. I am at 10h on Zombie Boy and literally lost 2 streaks of 18 and 17 just by choking. Not to mention other 14s , really really frustrating,  its so hard to deal with your nerves

Took a bit of a break going to try and do a weekly update :) 

Finished the story and my current death toll is 994 didn't do anything interesting besides that. Finished cotton alley and earned the suffratte trophy, it was pretty fun going through the levels I only struggled with the last one but anyway new death toll 1483.

Going through all the warp zones and getting all characters. warp zones have become my most hated part so far hate the 3 death limit death count 2291.

Got a lot done today finished the story and earned golden boy current death counter  4449 will fix it later controller's charging :P . 

Now I'm going to start my deathless runs my plan is finish forest dark world and then my order will be....  maggot, zombie, girl, impossible, brimestone,  demon, salt,  missile, blood clot, needle boy.  I want to tackle the hardest ones first and leave an easier one as a victory lap :) 

Forest run conquered death 4524 :)

salt boy conquered death: 5278

blood clot boy done death 5902

Going to try for girl next, want to beat both cotton alleys if I get those then I'll know I can get plat 

Edited by Galecove

Going for the platinum second time after 6 years. I definitely lost the muscle memory but still going strong. At the moment, I am waiting for my phone holder to arrive, so that i can record my trophy pops on vita. Let's go, it will be a fun ride after all these years! 

I finally got Zombie 5 days ago and it felt amazing. I only have Impossible Boy left and tbh? This looks almost Impossible,  I really hope it starts to click and some levels become somewhat consistent, but I can tell its miles harder than anything else

Need  a bit of a break and vent just lost my cotton alley run I was 18/20 and I disconnected and an annoying screen popped up telling me that which cost me my run. cotton alley 7-6 is where my run ended I'm not that great at this game think it was pure luck I got that high xD . death counter is up to...6732. 

5 hours ago, Galecove said:

Need  a bit of a break and vent just lost my cotton alley run I was 18/20 and I disconnected and an annoying screen popped up telling me that which cost me my run. cotton alley 7-6 is where my run ended I'm not that great at this game think it was pure luck I got that high xD . death counter is up to...6732. 

Light or Dark? Dont worry I lost a 19 on light lol, congrats . You will get it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Galecove said:

Thanks it was just the light world, dark version looks impossible right now xD 

Yh I feel you, I tried a couple levels and just gave up the idea for now, I need the right mindset to go for that, it will be way harder than anything 

• Like 1

missile boy conquered death toll: 7493 I found this one a lot easier after banging my head against the wall with cotton alley :p . Still debating on if I want to keep the hospital for last as a victory lap or not but anyways  onto the hell world now light version >:) .

brimstone boy done death toll: ???? I'll fix it later to tired right now xD .  I forgot to re edit this :/ not sure what my death count was at.

needle boy done death count 7972. I wanted to leave this one for last but figured I might as well get as much trophies as possible. I haven't given up yet I'll keep trying unless I feel it has truly become impossible :)  for now I'm till having fun.

demon boy done death count 9485. The difficulty spike really shows with this one. I struggled the most with a few levels they all had to do with the black ball exploding thingy god I hate that guy so much >.<

maggot boy down death count 9998. when I was going through story this world made me think I couldn't do these no death runs but now I think I can actually pull this platinum off :) 

zombie boy done death count 12359. Going to save my thoughts about my platinum run for last but anyways onto impossible boy that one still looks well impossible xD 

Edited by Galecove

woo I did it nerves are a bit shot right now shaking  but anyways here's my death counter 24575. I'll re edit this since I still have a lot to say but just happy I pulled it off :).. Still not finished with it I want to finish up the remaining glitched levels its to bad they weren't included in trophy list.

My first time ever playing  this was in 2020 I believe I can try and find the alts but I remember giving up on cotton alley I was struggling with the fans. I highly recommend giving this a shot it was lots of fun.

Trophy thoughts: 

Doing most of the trophies were pretty easy I only had troubles with the kid the  first level was pretty brutal just the timing of jumps, 2nd and 3rd stages were easy.  Warp zones- These weren't hard but it was the first time I thought I might need someone else help not due to difficulty but some of the levels with the flashing lights was a bit too much for me. A+ the only one I struggled with was cotton alley #20 I felt the time was way to tight xD.

No deaths runs the thing that helped me was a lot of practice and watching clips on people doing it which helped me out. if you're going through this I honestly think if you can get golden god you can earn this plat with some practice.

Edited by Galecove

25 minutes ago, Galecove said:

woo I did it nerves are a bit shot right now shaking  but anyways here's my death counter 24575. I'll re edit this since I still have a lot to say but just happy I pulled it off :)

12k deaths just for impossible boy? Damn I am in huge trouble lol, congrats man. 

2 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

12k deaths just for impossible boy? Damn I am in huge trouble lol, congrats man. 

Thanks and honestly that's not my true death count there was times I  walked away for a couple minutes after losing a streak and the game just kept killing me I think my real counter might be between 18k-21k xD