PS4 Price Drop Coming October 9th

Azaan60

Target, Kmart, Walmart and Meijer in the US have the same posted 14 day adjustment policy. Sears is 7 days. Best Buy is the only one that does adjustments during their (extremely shorter than their competition) return and exchange policy. If it wasn't at Best Buy, I'm suspecting someone was liberally bending the rules for you wherever you happen to get 4 adjustments.

The new models are out?! According to all the articles I have read, all the bundles out today still use the older model. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-sony-announces-revised-ps4-hardware

I have been waiting for these to get released in the US

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/if-you-re-about-to-buy-a-new-1tb-playstation-4-don-t-here-s-why-1302875

Yeah the new models have been out in the US since last month.

I've had price adjustments done at many places up to 30 days, so maybe those posted periods are newer policies.  In regards to my TV, it was at Best Buy, and they have a policy during the holiday season to not only offer store credit for all returns without a receipt (which I've used many times), but to also adjust prices and offer refunds for any purchases made during the season, which extends from Thanksgiving to the end of January.

Also, those time periods for price adjustments are silly if they are at the same store.  If something you buy has the price lowered within 90 days at Target, just go buy a new one at the lower price and then return it using your old receipt.  They have a 90 day return policy on almost all new items, there's very few exceptions.  I've done this exact thing a few times myself.  This would also apply to any store where you bought something and they then lower the price within their return window.  I just did a google search and there's tons of articles outlining this very process.  Guess no one really cares about a posted price adjustment policy if it doesn't match the return window, lol.

Yeah, I have 16 years of working at Target (10 as a manager) under my belt. 1996-2012. Obviously I still know many people that still work there that keep me appraised to policy changes. It was my job to know our written policies as well as other competitors. I also do my homework to be a well-informed consumer, as is everyone's responsibility. I'm well aware of retail work-arounds, but that doesn't mean every person gets the same treatment at every store. For something like a PS4, with a unique serial number, printed on the receipt, it's not as easy as buying a new one and return it with the old receipt.

My original suggestion to Floorkiller74 was to call the retailer and ask. I stand by this as the 1st step before barging in and demanding things because policies are silly or someone else does something. That type of attitude almost universally got a brick wall from me. Show me even a hint that you're a nice person and I'd bend whatever policies I could for you.

Where is my non-bundled ps4 for $300?  None of those games interest me in the slightest.

You have my vote, sir.

Seriously, why is it so hard to get non-bundled consoles these days? It's like they think there are some games that are impossible for you not to like. Just give me a cheaper, bundle-free console and I'll get the games I want, by myself, on the side.

• Like 2

Seriously, why is it so hard to get non-bundled consoles these days? It's like they think there are some games that are impossible for you not to like. Just give me a cheaper, bundle-free console and I'll get the games I want, by myself, on the side.

Profit margin of at least one game is baked into the purchase price. 

Yeah, I have 16 years of working at Target (10 as a manager) under my belt. 1996-2012. Obviously I still know many people that still work there that keep me appraised to policy changes. It was my job to know our written policies as well as other competitors. I also do my homework to be a well-informed consumer, as is everyone's responsibility. I'm well aware of retail work-arounds, but that doesn't mean every person gets the same treatment at every store. For something like a PS4, with a unique serial number, printed on the receipt, it's not as easy as buying a new one and return it with the old receipt.

My original suggestion to Floorkiller74 was to call the retailer and ask. I stand by this as the 1st step before barging in and demanding things because policies are silly or someone else does something. That type of attitude almost universally got a brick wall from me. Show me even a hint that you're a nice person and I'd bend whatever policies I could for you.

K, not gonna doubt you on this, you appear to have lots of retail experience.  Personally I don't go into stores yelling and throwing my weight around.  The people at the service counter or on the floor are not the ones who make the policies, and most of the time they feel the same customers do.  When I have an issue or wish to make an exchange/return or the like, I tend to just walk in, calmly explain what's up, then see what their response is.  Like today, I returned a swimsuit to Big 5 because it ripped along the seam after 1 week of use.  The guy behind the counter could have just done a return, but I told him it was on sale last week and I know they didn't have anymore size 34s cause if they had I would have bought more than 1.  He could easily have said 'oh well', done the return, and sent me on my way, but instead he called the nearest Big 5 stores to us and found 2 in my size 30 miles away and asked them to ship them to my local store.  He them took my info and gave me a raincheck for the sale price for when they arrive.  This is typically what I experience when I go a store.  I'm not sure if in this instance it was policy to do what he did, but I wouldn't have known the difference and he definitely could have blown me off.  But he didn't, I tried to be nice to him, and he was nice in return.  Also, this is only a couple days after I came back to get a price adjustment of $5 on that same suit because the sale went into effect right after I bought it, lol.  Luckily the store is on my way home from the gym or else I couldn't justify wasting the gas to make the trip.

In regards to the serial being on the receipt for the PS4, not sure how a return would go or what policy is if you come in with a PS4 for return with a difference serial, as I said, I take your word that it wouldn't be returned.  But I have returned things with a receipt before that were not the same product, no questions asked.  I bought a copy of Batman: Arkham City (still have yet to play it) a few years ago because it came with a promotional item.  Shortly afterward a friend got a copy for $5 when BB used to do these gamers club discounts, and he got 2 copies, one for me and one for him.  Since the one he got me didn't have the promo item, I returned it with my receipt.  The SKUs were completely different (not just off by 1 number), but they took it back.  Obviously there's no serial number involved in a game, and the product name matched the item I was returning, but again, the SKUs were completely different.  They did the return no problem.  So I really don't know what to say.  Don't get me wrong, I'm really not trying to argue with you here, I've just usually had very quick and positive interactions with retail staff whenever I've returned, exchanged, or price matched an item.  I remember the short time I worked retail I was told that all returned items, open or not, go straight back to the manufacturer, so store employees were usually pretty easy going with these types of things.  Of course that was only a summer job back in '99, so you'd know better than me how that works now.  But again, despite how I may 'sound' on these boards, I try to be pretty calm and nice whenever I go back to a store for any reason.  I wasn't implying that being a bully will get things done, just in my experience most retail staff members I've spoken to share similar opinions about store policies as I do and sometimes even mention it when assisting me, and we have a good chuckle together.  I can see as a former manager how you might frown upon that, but the people who work retail are also customers, at their stores and many many others, so I'm sure most can at least sympathize to a customers point of view.

Anyway, hopefully floorkiller has some success at whichever retailer he bought his PS4 from.  It definitely would suck to spend $50 more when its only been a week.

You have my vote, sir.

Bundles are good. You can buy some uber hyped AAA and sell it :awesome:

• Like 1

More people will finally move on to current gen means more consumers for Sony means massive revenues for bigger budget to develop AAA titles. It's a win-win situation. Unless of course Sony plans on blowing that money on strip clubs  :D

It would be nice if you could get a PS4 new and unbundled, but I guess that's not the way of things anymore. So now it's about finding the bundle that's easiest to live with, I suppose.

Since I want a PS4 before No Man's Sky comes out, and Star Wars Battlefront is coming out on my birthday, my fiancé picked that one. The console is very cool looking, even though I am not a fan of multi-player shooters (or FPS in general), so I am happy. I will still try the game itself, of course.

Unless of course Sony plans on blowing that money on strip clubs :D

Still better than pachinko machines. Edited by SolarCat02