PS4 Price Drop Coming October 9th

Azaan60

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3ny0h1/ps4_price_drop_coming_october_9th/

Since the launch of PS4, we have been thrilled with the amount of gamers jumping into the world of PlayStation for the first time. If you haven’t made the jump yet, and you’re starting early on your holiday wish list, I have good news – we’re dropping the price of the PlayStation 4 system in the U.S. and Canada. Starting tomorrow, October 9, you’ll be able to pick up PS4 starting at the new price of $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP).

Our goal at PlayStation has always been to provide the best gameplay experiences at the best value, and we feel this new compelling price will open the doors to even more gamers that have yet to purchase a system.

Over the past few months, we’ve introduced a number of bundles that feature some of the biggest games coming to PS4 this holiday season. Here’s a snapshot of the new prices for the current PS4 hardware lineup:

Capture.png

Thanks again for remaining the best fans in gaming, and we look forward to many hours of gaming this holiday season and beyond!

Edited by Azaan60

PS4 came out here for a RRP of $550, November 2013. Preorders were nuts, we went months without any being in stores, I was so glad I ordered mine.

For a solid 6 months or so at least, you could pick up a PS4 with a game or two in most of the bigger stores like Target and K-Mart, for around 400.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get an official drop sometime soon as well.

Here's where the quote actually came from: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/08/ps4-big-holiday-lineup-lower-cost/

This is great news! I'm resisting getting a PS4 until I clear more of my backlog, but I'm excited that this will bring on a whole bunch of new gamers and that will mean more developer interest. I'm also hopeful that developer interest in the PS4 means more developers look at the Vita and Sony gaming as a whole benefits.

Yay, I'm glad I waited. Might get the Star Wars bundle, since I was going to buy the game anyway.

Now, does this mean regular PS4 will be $300? Because it was already $360 before this (at least they were at Gamestop). But all the bundles were $400. It's pretty hard to find a non-bundle PS4 anyway, but I'm just curious if they are dropping its price too.

I noticed Amazon and Best Buy selling the Destiny bundle for $50 off either yesterday or the day before, and I held off purchasing it cause I don't want that version and figured a price drop might be on the way.  Glad I waited :)

1 week after I finally break down and buy one. What a kick in the face.

Every major retailer (in the US anyways) offers a low price guarantee, so during the return period (30-90 days) if the price is ever lowered, you can get money back on your card.  I did this for my TV 4 times a few years ago when the price kept dropping $50 a week going into the holiday season.

If you don't live in the US, then I dunno, check with the retailer, if it's a worldwide brand they should honor the price adjustment.  Good luck!

I noticed Amazon and Best Buy selling the Destiny bundle for $50 off either yesterday or the day before, and I held off purchasing it cause I don't want that version and figured a price drop might be on the way.  Glad I waited :)

Just wanted to post a link to it to prove I'm not crazy :P -- http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/6/9461959/destiny-the-taken-king-white-ps4-limited-edition-best-buy-target

Every major retailer (in the US anyways) offers a low price guarantee, so during the return period (30-90 days) if the price is ever lowered, you can get money back on your card.  I did this for my TV 4 times a few years ago when the price kept dropping $50 a week going into the holiday season.

Target, Kmart, Walmart and Meijer in the US have the same posted 14 day adjustment policy. Sears is 7 days. Best Buy is the only one that does adjustments during their (extremely shorter than their competition) return and exchange policy. If it wasn't at Best Buy, I'm suspecting someone was liberally bending the rules for you wherever you happen to get 4 adjustments.

are any of the list units the new ps4 that's quieter and use less power?

All new bundles are the new model. It's a bit quieter and it does use less energy.

The new models are out?! According to all the articles I have read, all the bundles out today still use the older model. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-sony-announces-revised-ps4-hardware

I have been waiting for these to get released in the US

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/if-you-re-about-to-buy-a-new-1tb-playstation-4-don-t-here-s-why-1302875

Target, Kmart, Walmart and Meijer in the US have the same posted 14 day adjustment policy. Sears is 7 days. Best Buy is the only one that does adjustments during their (extremely shorter than their competition) return and exchange policy. If it wasn't at Best Buy, I'm suspecting someone was liberally bending the rules for you wherever you happen to get 4 adjustments.

I've had price adjustments done at many places up to 30 days, so maybe those posted periods are newer policies.  In regards to my TV, it was at Best Buy, and they have a policy during the holiday season to not only offer store credit for all returns without a receipt (which I've used many times), but to also adjust prices and offer refunds for any purchases made during the season, which extends from Thanksgiving to the end of January.

Also, those time periods for price adjustments are silly if they are at the same store.  If something you buy has the price lowered within 90 days at Target, just go buy a new one at the lower price and then return it using your old receipt.  They have a 90 day return policy on almost all new items, there's very few exceptions.  I've done this exact thing a few times myself.  This would also apply to any store where you bought something and they then lower the price within their return window.  I just did a google search and there's tons of articles outlining this very process.  Guess no one really cares about a posted price adjustment policy if it doesn't match the return window, lol.