What's the problem with this game?

Manuelito

335 owners. Only 3 people with trophies. How? It must be either hard as fuck or glitched as fuck. Please if someone can explain me why this game has such a low average completion I'll be thankful.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-15813-Brawl-is-a-Horror-Themed-Party-Game-Coming-to-PS4-.html - first article

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-16036-Brawl-is-Out-Now-on-PS4--Free-For-Basement-Crawl-Owners.html - second article

I think its probably just a horrible game as well. MOBA is going to have problems even becoming a "niche" on PS4.

• 4 months later...

I think its probably just a horrible game as well. MOBA is going to have problems even becoming a "niche" on PS4.

This is not a MOBA. "MOBA" is the retarded name Riot Games (developers of League of Legends) gave their game as a branding gimmick because acronyms are more "sexy" than calling their game a "action RTS" or a "Dota clone".

If the game doesn't have a mode with lanes, towers and some type of enemy base objective you need to control/destroy then it's not a MOBA.

The PS4 does have two MOBAs BTW; Awesomenauts and Invokers Tournament. Maybe it has a third, I'm not sure.

• Like 3

The 3rd is Loadout campaign. Massive Online Battle Arena is the generic name for these games regardless of origins about League of Legends feelings of elitism and sex appeal for the color pixels. There is no strategy to Loadout either despite having objectives, I've never cared to play Dota so caring about its clones is something else I can't be bothered about. Just as I have never heard of Invokers Tournament and thought Awesomenauts was a different type of game altogether. Like it or not, "battle arenas" are not what these games are called by the general public or anyone who isn't a preferred gamer of this genre.

I seem to remember a similar argument about "roguelike/lite", it has become an adjective for the short attention spans of teenagers to make snap purchase decisions. 

The 3rd is Loadout campaign. Massive Online Battle Arena is the generic name for these games regardless of origins about League of Legends feelings of elitism and sex appeal for the color pixels. There is no strategy to Loadout either despite having objectives, I've never cared to play Dota so caring about its clones is something else I can't be bothered about. Just as I have never heard of Invokers Tournament and thought Awesomenauts was a different type of game altogether. Like it or not, "battle arenas" are not what these games are called by the general public or anyone who isn't a preferred gamer of this genre.

I seem to remember a similar argument about "roguelike/lite", it has become an adjective for the short attention spans of teenagers to make snap purchase decisions. 

Agreed.

Though the irony with the terms 'Roguelike' and 'Roguelite' is that no one who uses them has likely ever played, or even seen the original 'Rogue'!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Like it or not, "battle arenas" are not what these games are called by the general public or anyone who isn't a preferred gamer of this genre.

Then they're unknowingly being ignorant, if after I explained it to you and you still use the term incorrectly then you're knowingly being ignorant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena

"The objective is to destroy the opposing team's main structure with the assistance of periodically spawned computer-controlled units that march forward along set paths."

If it doesn't have that then the game isn't a MOBA.

Here's a list of most officially released MOBAs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multiplayer_online_battle_arena_games

Although it's missing these three from the PS4:

King of Wushu

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

The only information I got from this thread was that people like to argue about the definition of MOBA and that the game is difficult. Is it glitchy? Why is it difficult? I feel like there's lots of unanswered questions. With this being one of the harder/hardest games to 100% I have thought about giving it a try but coming here to this thread I barely learned anything.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Folgers101 said:

The only information I got from this thread was that people like to argue about the definition of MOBA and that the game is difficult. Is it glitchy? Why is it difficult? I feel like there's lots of unanswered questions. With this being one of the harder/hardest games to 100% I have thought about giving it a try but coming here to this thread I barely learned anything.

I hope this helps you and anyone looking for answers. Take it with a grain of salt because I haven't played this games and information is scarce.

From what I can see the game plays like Bomberman, with a difficulty curve similar to Catherine's with the story format and tone of Twisted Metal: Black. Beating the campaign for each character takes about 20 minutes each with a guide. However, juding by the other trophies there are challenges, score requierements for each campaigns, lots of side quests and the game is rather difficult. 

Going back to the Catherine example, imagine having to 100% that game on hard, and having to beat each stage flawlessly while completing the strict requirements of a Devil May Cry SSS rank, doing equally difficult side quests and finding very well hidden collectibles. On top of that, the game is not very well made and flopped. Add to this the fact that no one bothered to make a guide for any of these things, and it's no wonder this game has this placement in the ranks.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Weskerfan75 said:

I hope this helps you and anyone looking for answers. Take it with a grain of salt because I haven't played this games and information is scarce.

From what I can see the game plays like Bomberman, with a difficulty curve similar to Catherine's with the story format and tone of Twisted Metal: Black. Beating the campaign for each character takes about 20 minutes each with a guide. However, juding by the other trophies there are challenges, score requierements for each campaigns, lots of side quests and the game is rather difficult. 

Going back to the Catherine example, imagine having to 100% that game on hard, and having to beat each stage flawlessly while completing the strict requirements of a Devil May Cry SSS rank, doing equally difficult side quests and finding very well hidden collectibles. On top of that, the game is not very well made and flopped. Add to this the fact that no one bothered to make a guide for any of these things, and it's no wonder this game has this placement in the ranks.

Now THAT is how you answer a question. Thank you. I've never played catherine but my daughter's mother did and I watched her play it and it seemed pretty cool. Devil may cry isn't all that hard I can do most of it with not a lot of problems (played it on a friend's console so I didn't have the trophies on my account lol) and that's in reference to the triple S ranks on missions. Most of what you just mentioned is actually why I'm a trophy hunter I like the harder to get trophies and what not so I can show them off. I think however I will be staying away from this game as it does seem to be a major flop. Thanks again.

• Like 1