I regrow nothing Trophy glitch [PS Vita]

Wanne666

Hello there,

I got the trophy today and want to help out everyone who is struggling with it.

I did not get this piece of junk on my first playthrough. However, I regrew two spooces accidentally and reloaded the save game and considered this the source of problem for not getting the trophy. But I missed 1 Muddokon scrub as well which I did not noticed as the angelic quarma trophy did pop for me so far. After 2 further playthroughs it was not popping either, for I was rushing through the game and missed several fuzzles and scrubs by purpose. If you are aiming for platinum, please put attention on what I did. It will save you a lot of time and nerves:

- I did never use the wheelchair for Munch

- I did rescue every single egg crate, Mudokon Scrub and Fuzzle

- I did regrow 2 different Spooces while in raisins cave at the beginning. For this, use Spooces at the start of this short level.

- I only used the auto save function, never saved manually or with quick save. This is a bit anoying as the game crashes quite frequently.

- I did never quit any video or speech of the Mudokon chieftain, but I do not think that this is important.

- Of course, I did not regrow any spooce

- Last but not least: I did this playthrough with game version 1.00. Version 1.01 is not available anymore (at least for german PSN) and 1.02 seems even more glitchy than the original game. Therefore, I quit the download of this patch.

The things which probably do not affect the trophy:

- It is aloud to die with spooces in your "bank". I did several times and it popped for me. So do not bother if you die, especially for the late levels.

- I lost 4 or 5 native Mudokons on this successfull playthrough (1 on Mudokon Fortress, 1 on Dead River and 3 or 4 at the Vykker Quarters). Just revive them if possible and proceed.

- I did take over a good amount of sligs as some passages are simply too frustrating without doing so. Let it be 20 or 30 sligs. Even it probably does not affect the glitch, it will be better to keep the amount of enchanted sligs as low as possible.

Please feel free to complement this list, as some things I did are perhaps not necessary for avoiding this glitch. Especially if it is about the only autosave use or never quit any video or speech.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Wanne666
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

Just got the trophy and here's the difference from my playthrough and what the first post has.

- I did not rescue every single egg crate, Mudokon Scrub and Fuzzle, but I did rescue enough to get the good ending. I did not get the trophy when I didn't regrow any spooce on a bad ending playthrough.

As a note: I also never paused the game, and it was my most stable playthrough yet. The game only crashed 3 times.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

"I Regrow Nothing", this Vita trophy is sickly.
I've done already 7 playthroughs and still no luck. If I would ever known how much glitched was this game (and this trophy), I would never have bought/played it for sure.

- Played on 1.00 version.
- Played with no other saves. New game. Clean start.
- Never pressed start button (so, never saved).
- Never died.
- I regrown 2 different spooces before I were asked for.
- Never failed a possession, always killed them by myself.

Still no trophy...
If anyone have any other suggestion, I will be grateful till the death.

EDIT:
SUCCESS AT MY 8TH ATTEMPT!!!!!! Let me tell you about my experience.

- Played on 1.02 version.
Tired of crashings, freezings, Vita reboots, etc. and no trophy, I decided to try again on a patched version. So, is not about 1.00 vs 1.02.
- Played on a clean start. No other saves.
- Saved LOTS of times, but manual saves, never quicksaves. I pressed start button only to save.
- Never died, except at the end of the game. Died lots of times with Abe, but apparently this doesn't matter.
- I only regrown 2 different spooces before I were asked for (the 1st 2 ones after cross the door).
- Didn't use the wheelchair, but apparently it doesn't matter also, cause other people did and get it. It's better to don't use, since the game will redo another trophy check at the end of the game.
- Good quarma (or angelic). More or less 190/310. You don't need to save everyone, it's a fact. I didn't save a single egg.
- And here comes the key. Make no possession unless it's absolutely necesary to progress your adventure.
Why? Even if it doesn't appear so, the game could register a regrown in a different altitude level. This was the key, no doubt of it.
I only possessed Glukkons and:
* 4 Big Bro Sligs (1 in Boiler Room, 2 in Splinterz Manifacturing and 1 in Flubco Executive Office)
* 1 Slig (in Flub Fuels Scrub Pens [voice control])
* 1 Vykker (in Vykker Suites, 1st room)

Just one more thing. I played on a PS TV.

Many thanks to Oddking and snot1977bag fot their help and patience with me.

Edited by MJ-Snake
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 23.12.2016 at 7:33 PM, MJ-Snake said:

"I Regrow Nothing", this Vita trophy is sickly.
I've done already 7 playthroughs and still no luck. If I would ever known how much glitched was this game (and this trophy), I would never have bought/played it for sure.

- Played on 1.00 version.
- Played with no other saves. New game. Clean start.
- Never pressed start button (so, never saved).
- Never died.
- I regrown 2 different spooces before I were asked for.
- Never failed a possession, always killed them by myself.

Still no trophy...
If anyone have any other suggestion, I will be grateful till the death.

EDIT:
SUCCESS AT MY 8TH ATTEMPT!!!!!! Let me tell you about my experience.

- Played on 1.02 version.
Tired of crashings, freezings, Vita reboots, etc. and no trophy, I decided to try again on a patched version. So, is not about 1.00 vs 1.02.
- Played on a clean start. No other saves.
- Saved LOTS of times, but manual saves, never quicksaves. I pressed start button only to save.
- Never died, except at the end of the game. Died lots of times with Abe, but apparently this doesn't matter.
- I only regrown 2 different spooces before I were asked for (the 1st 2 ones after cross the door).
- Didn't use the wheelchair, but apparently it doesn't matter also, cause other people did and get it. It's better to don't use, since the game will redo another trophy check at the end of the game.
- Good quarma (or angelic). More or less 190/310. You don't need to save everyone, it's a fact. I didn't save a single egg.
- And here comes the key. Make no possession unless it's absolutely necesary to progress your adventure.
Why? Even if it doesn't appear so, the game could register a regrown in a different altitude level. This was the key, no doubt of it.
I only possessed Glukkons and:
* 4 Big Bro Sligs (1 in Boiler Room, 2 in Splinterz Manifacturing and 1 in Flubco Executive Office)
* 1 Slig (in Flub Fuels Scrub Pens [voice control])
* 1 Vykker (in Vykker Suites, 1st room)

Just one more thing. I played on a PS TV.

Many thanks to Oddking and snot1977bag fot their help and patience with me.

First of all I would like to thank you for giving me hope. Because it glitched on me obviously and I could not decide whether try it or not. And I think you right about the game registering regrowth. Here is what I did (it is for others):

Played on 1.02 version.
- Played on a clean start. No other saves. Deleted and downloaded the game.
- Abused quicksaves. II explain why. The game may accidentally quicksave your game when pressing START. Therefore I decided to use it. 
- Died lots of times.
- I only regrown 2 different spooces before I were asked for (the 1st 2 ones after cross the door). Same here.
- Didn't use the wheelchair. I don't think it matters too.
- Good quarma (or angelic). More or less 241/310. Saved eggs.
- Tried not to make possession. I don't know how MJ-Snake pulled it off, but I've made more possessions because I could not progress. But I was sure there is no spooce around.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/20/2018 at 5:11 PM, maxstirner_2015 said:

How about skipping cutscenes and the dialogues with the chieftain? Doing these things can glitch the trophy or not?

I see you already got the trophy, but I'll go ahead and state that skipping cutscenes and dialogue doesn't glitch the trophy. My successful run I skipped basically every cutscene out of impatience and got it just fine.

Edited by Empovyle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Empovyle said:

I see you already got the trophy, but I'll go ahead and state that skipping cutscenes and dialogue doesn't glitch the trophy. My successful run I skipped basically every cutscene out of impatience and got it just fine.

Yeah, I grew a little impatient as well. Luckily I got the plat in three playthroughs.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Just got the trophy now, I used quick saves like crazy due to wall glitching every level. Finished the game in a bit over an hour and the trophy popped. I would recommend watching a speedrun of the game to learn how to glitch each level. I did no optional possessions, but mainly due to not really requiring it for speedrun playthroughs.

Edited by Semiclassics
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I must have got lucky as I got this on my second playthrough. The only thing I did different was in my first playthrough I pressed the PlayStation button to go back to the Home screen to check on my trophies..

For anyone that's interested

- I played on version 1.02
- Played on a clean start. Deleted all previous saves.
- I saved a lot, with multiple save slots used. I did however only use manual load and save. Never the quick save/load options
- I died a lot
- I only regrown 2 different spooces at the start to proceed.
- I used the wheelchair.

- Saved 155/310
- I smashed all eggs 
- I possessed a fair amount. Especially near the end but I did make sure I wasn't near spooce or if I was, I'd be looking to make sure it didn't regrow.

- I didn't play it all in one go. This run through was played over 3 days and over several sessions.

- I never let the Vita idle. If I wanted to stop. I'd save and exit the game and then put the vita into rest/sleep mode. It was only fully powered off once due to a hard crash during the game.

- I played the EU digital version on an original model Vita

Edited by RedDevil757
Added more info