Destiny Weekly Update - 12/03/2015

Aranea Highwind

In recent weeks, we’ve served up some previews to keep you up to speed. The Sandbox Team is updating your arsenal, your preferredTower Vendors will be accepting new materials in exchange for reputation and rank, and we’re reprising a handful of Year One Exotics.

midagram.jpg

Before these iterations get the full Patch Note treatment, we have one more moment to talk about another much-anticipated aspect of the December update.

Let’s hammer out the details.

Sunbreakers, Strikers, Defenders, oh my!

About those Titans…

titans_blog.jpg

Ever since their Solar brothers and sisters entered the explosive mix of Destiny with the arrival of The Taken King, they’ve been quite the hot topic of conversation. Even before the first fiery salvo landed in someone’s face, there has been plenty of feedback about our armored friends. While we’re making some adjustments to Sunbreakers in Update 2.1.0, we won’t be leaving Strikers and Defenders out in the cold this winter.

Tomorrow (Friday, December 4th), we'll have a new preview article on the Updates portion of the blog. There, you’ll find Senior Design Lead Sage Merrill holding court and delivering developer commentary about what will befall every Titan next week. Expects stats and insights for each subclass.

update_preview.jpg

Expect full Patch Notes for Update 2.1.0 to land alongside the update itself, early next week.

Titan Patch Notes:

Sunbreaker

• Melee

• Titan Melee: Extend Titan Melee range (+12.5%)

• Sunstrike: Decrease DOT Time (6.5s ->5.5s)

• Super

• Hammer of Sol: Reduce Damage Resistance during Super (-9.09%)

• Hammer of Sol: Slow Hammer travel speed by (-1.32%)

• Passives

• Forgemaster: Reduce Splash damage detonation radius multiplier (-20%)

• Flameseeker: Turn down Hammer tracking bonus (-25%)

• Flameseeker: Remove +1 Recovery, and +1 Agility stat bonuses

• Fleetfire: Added +1 Agility stat

• Firekeeper: Added +1 Recovery stat

• Cauterize: Added cooldown  (0s -> 3s)

• Movement

• Catapult Lift: Faster Initial velocity (+5%)

Striker

• Melee

• Storm Fist: Increase base damage (+18.2%)

• Overload: Now also provides faster melee recharge (+50%)

• Discharge: Additional Damage (+7.69%)

• Discharge: Changed AOE to spherical shape

• Amplify: Increased Super energy bonus (+30%)

• Passives

• Headstrong: Now also provides Faster Sprint

• Transfusion: Improve cooldown(5s ->3s)

• Unstoppable: Now provides a total of +2 Armor (+1 additional)

• Unstoppable: Increased damage resistance (+25%)

• Juggernaut: Improved Shield health (+14.3%)

• Juggernaut: Now works when airborne

• Movement

Defender

• Melee

• Super

• Ward of Dawn: Recharge Grenade and Melee Abilities on Super cast

• Movement

- Vendors at The Tower will accepting new materials for reputation/rank.

- Sub classes nerf/buff

Portion of the December (next week) update will be revealed tomorrow. I will update the OP with the patch notes once they are up.

Edited by Paige

Glad I haven't played this yet. With all the massive updates for this, I'll be happy to fire this up after the big install for the updates lol

There will always be updates as this is a dynamic game with changes as the players and devs see fit.

This update is a nothing update really. The real meat comes with the December patch which hopefully releases next week.

• Like 1

There will always be updates as this is a dynamic game with changes as the players and devs see fit.

This update is a nothing update really. The real meat comes with the December patch which hopefully releases next week.

So true, gues I need to quit making excuses and clear over 30+GB's from my HDD. Just been lazy in doing so lol :P

I don't mind if they reduced Hammer of Sol's time period or armour boost. I always feel it lasts a little too long, and I usually wait out the 10 second respawn timer just to avoid getting killed twice. Even then that doesn't fully work.

I mainly say this because out of all the supers, hammers are the one that I can't fight against if they see me. 9/10 if I do end up killing one, it's because they got distracted with someone else. If I get caught on sight its over, minus the odd Rocket Launcher attack, but even that doesn't fully work. Even using Shadowshot is a letdown, because chances are you die before the tether cancels their super.

Are they making Defenders and Strikers better? Blink incoming? (just making total sure, this is a joke, don't bother quoting me here. Triple knives? pfffft.)

Defenders were already OP as fuck on PvE. Put a bubble where most of the damage is going and make it generate orbs. Now make your melee generate orbs for each aditional kill you get with melee while it's triggered. Now make 50%~ish of your heavy weapon kills generate orbs too. OP AS FUCK MATE, DO YOU EVEN GG/NB?

Better nerf Stormcaller, the damn force lightning is worse than Hammer half the time.

In PvE? Is anyone complaining about subclasses being dominant in PvE?

So true, gues I need to quit making excuses and clear over 30+GB's from my HDD. Just been lazy in doing so lol :P

I put a 2 TB drive in my PS4 in early October... so glorious to have this much space. I felt like I had been juggling space on my PS4 for months prior to that. Drives install pretty quickly, but the update process plus restoring all of your content is a bit time consuming though :(

I put a 2 TB drive in my PS4 in early October... so glorious to have this much space. I felt like I had been juggling space on my PS4 for months prior to that. Drives install pretty quickly, but the update process plus restoring all of your content is a bit time consuming though :(

I think it's mostly PVP. Ive been killed way too many times by a Stormcaller's super and then killed again because Bungie saw fit to spawn me right next to that same Warlock.

I just upgraded to 2TB too. I'm really glad I did it. Took a whole day to download all my games again, but it was definitely worth it to have all the extra space. There's some really informative threads on this site for finding great deals too. ;)

Yes indeed special in PvP damn i hate it  :shakefist:

special

special

special

special
special

special

special

In PVP, I've seen some pretty clever dodges of my hammer to the point where I waste a whole super.  Stormcaller not only has tracking, it has blink so you can't even outrun them.

I updated the OP with the Titans sub classes patch notes but oh well here they are anyway.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14083

Titan Patch Notes:

Sunbreaker

• Melee
    • Sunstrike: Decrease DOT Time (6.5s ->5.5s)
  • Super
    • Hammer of Sol: Reduce Damage Resistance during Super (-9.09%)
    • Hammer of Sol: Slow Hammer travel speed by (-1.32%)
  • Passives
    • Forgemaster: Reduce Splash damage detonation radius multiplier (-20%)
    • Flameseeker: Turn down Hammer tracking bonus (-25%)
    • Flameseeker: Remove +1 Recovery, and +1 Agility stat bonuses
    • Fleetfire: Added +1 Agility stat
    • Firekeeper: Added +1 Recovery stat
    • Cauterize: Added cooldown  (0s -> 3s)
  • Movement

Striker
  • Melee
    • Storm Fist: Increase base damage (+18.2%)
    • Overload: Now also provides faster melee recharge (+50%)
    • Discharge: Additional Damage (+7.69%)
    • Discharge: Changed AOE to spherical shape
    • Amplify: Increased Super energy bonus (+30%)
  • Passives
    • Headstrong: Now also provides Faster Sprint
    • Transfusion: Improve cooldown(5s ->3s)
    • Unstoppable: Now provides a total of +2 Armor (+1 additional)
    • Unstoppable: Increased damage resistance (+25%)
    • Juggernaut: Improved Shield health (+14.3%)
    • Juggernaut: Now works when airborne
  • Movement

Defender
  • Melee
  • Super
    • Ward of Dawn: Recharge Grenade and Melee Abilities on Super cast
  • Movement

The changes on Titan subclasses seem decent to me. Interested to see how they work out in practice though.

And about the Stormcaller. I've been playing that subclass a lot lately and yeah, it's really strong, stupidly strong even at times. But I feel that Stormcallers are still way easier to kill than Sunbreakers as they have less damage resistance and don't heal on each kill. Though I guess healing doesn't really matter if you run max recovery and max armor like I do. Anyway, at least Stormcallers have to sacrifice the grenade and melee abilities for the super to last longer and Ionic Blink is pretty... I don't know, wasteful if you don't run Transcendence as it uses a lot of super energy and if you don't use Ionic Blink, well, you are doing it wrong. Haha, just kidding but you are definitely easier to kill. That being said, the amount of times I've gotten 4-6 kills with one Stormtrance is ridiculous though I'd like to point out that in these games I haven't played against good players and/or Sunbreakers haha.

I'm not really opposing a Stormcaller nerf. I guess it would be pretty justified though I've always felt that Stormcallers are a bit more balanced than Sunbreakers.

The changes on Titan subclasses seem decent to me. Interested to see how they work out in practice though.

And about the Stormcaller. I've been playing that subclass a lot lately and yeah, it's really strong, stupidly strong even at times. But I feel that Stormcallers are still way easier to kill than Sunbreakers as they have less damage resistance and don't heal on each kill. Though I guess healing doesn't really matter if you run max recovery and max armor like I do. Anyway, at least Stormcallers have to sacrifice the grenade and melee abilities for the super to last longer and Ionic Blink is pretty... I don't know, wasteful if you don't run Transcendence as it uses a lot of super energy and if you don't use Ionic Blink, well, you are doing it wrong. Haha, just kidding but you are definitely easier to kill. That being said, the amount of times I've gotten 4-6 kills with one Stormtrance is ridiculous though I'd like to point out that in these games I haven't played against good players and/or Sunbreakers haha.

I'm not really opposing a Stormcaller nerf. I guess it would be pretty justified though I've always felt that Stormcallers are a bit more balanced than Sunbreakers.

I just get pissed when I get killed multiple times by the same warlock. I rather there weren't any more nerfs though because of how they negatively affect pve. The best course of action would be for Bungie to fix the spawns where I won't spawn on top of a warlock's stormtrance. The most probable fix would be to shorten the super time. :|

We'll just have to wait to see what happens after the patch.

Edited by Rowdi