Missable Trophies Guide (Community Effort)

MMDE

Completed the platinum took about 35 hours give or take.

I did have to go back and do the cosmo canyon thing for the Bromance Trophy.

I know people hate the x3 and god mode features, but it really made the story much better for me being able to complete it in a week and having everything fresh in your mind about the story.

I would buy a FF8, and FF9 remaster like this too.

edit: A nice feature they should add when starting a new game have an option that is able to turn off all the tempting power options.

Edited by captaincheese

Completed the platinum took about 35 hours give or take.

I did have to go back and do the cosmo canyon thing for the Bromance Trophy.

I know people hate the x3 and god mode features, but it really made the story much better for me being able to complete it in a week and having everything fresh in your mind about the story.

I would buy a FF8, and FF9 remaster like this too.

edit: A nice feature they should add when starting a new game have an option that is able to turn off all the tempting power options.

I don't think you'd have a problem with remembering the story either way, perhaps been even more invested and enjoyed the gameplay and depth of the battle system more.

• Like 1

Loose Cannon isn't missable. I tested it back then on PS1, even both kinds of failure scenarios:

- train crashed into Corel --> still got Barret's limit afterwards.

- didn't reach the train at all (very unlikely, I know) --> still got Barret's limit afterwards.

I didn't test it on PS4 again, but I doubt they changed this.

• Like 1

I actually don't mind playing this game with the "cheats" active. It actually-to me-makes me enjoy the game more. None of the Weapon/Knights of the Round are missable right? There is "free roam" after beating the game right?

You can't free roam after beating the game as far as I remember, but you can do what you want before heading to the North Cave to fight Sephiroth.

Honestly the 3x speed and No Encounters are useful things, I don't see them as cheats. But when I'm playing against a boss and my party HP is down and about to die... I'll admit I have used the trick, but who wouldn't?

Come on, No Encounters is definitely more of a cheat code than not. Speeding up the game isn't really affecting anything internally within the gameplay per-say. But being able to skip battles, like when escaping from the Sector after placing a bomb, or any other timed section of the game. Gives you a huge advantage. Even the final fight, you can enter the North Cave and just go straight to the Sephiroth battle. You could do that with just about any dungeon. But that one specifically takes a beating on you on the way.

Loose Cannon isn't missable. I tested it back then on PS1, even both kinds of failure scenarios:

- train crashed into Corel --> still got Barret's limit afterwards.

- didn't reach the train at all (very unlikely, I know) --> still got Barret's limit afterwards.

I didn't test it on PS4 again, but I doubt they changed this.

That's what I think as well, could anyone test it on PS4 to be sure?

Come on, No Encounters is definitely more of a cheat code than not. Speeding up the game isn't really affecting anything internally within the gameplay per-say. But being able to skip battles, like when escaping from the Sector after placing a bomb, or any other timed section of the game. Gives you a huge advantage. Even the final fight, you can enter the North Cave and just go straight to the Sephiroth battle. You could do that with just about any dungeon. But that one specifically takes a beating on you on the way.

I agree. Another example of when no-encounter is very ruining is when climbing the ice cold mountain (where you freeze). The in-battle stuff pretty much ruins the battle system, and you don't really get to experience what that is really like. There's really no point then to get deep into it, understand it or even use it all that much.

I think a lot of people got this idea about turn based battle systems always being very boring, but that's far from the case IMO. There are tons of really boring ones, but I think FF4-FF10 and FFT did that really well.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

What's the best way to get the Coming Up All Nines  Trophy and Liege of Levelling Trophy?

Go buy exp and gil matira at the golden saucer then go buy a bunch of ALL matria at fort condor. Next go to the northen cavern (last dungeon) grind the imp pot's for exp and little red balls for ap make sure each character is filled with ALL after you max one you can sell it for 1.4 million gil.

Go buy exp and gil matira at the golden saucer then go buy a bunch of ALL matria at fort condor. Next go to the northen cavern (last dungeon) grind the imp pot's for exp and little red balls for ap make sure each character is filled with ALL after you max one you can sell it for 1.4 million gil.

Can these two trophies be obtained after beating the final boss fight and completing the game?

well you have a point but the way I see it, you're not forced to play those battles so it's more like skipping L1+R1 to escape, only without having to enter combat and escape every time

well you have a point but the way I see it, you're not forced to play those battles so it's more like skipping L1+R1 to escape, only without having to enter combat and escape every time

You do know that L1+R1 doesn't always work depending on how enemies attack, and that you don't instantly run away depending on your party and the enemies.

I can see what you're saying. I do remember using L1+R1 at times throughout the game during my previous run troughs......there is that variable effect that you may not be able to escape or you take on damage while trying.

I think the feature is a nice to have add on for seasoned gamer that have gone through the game start to finish many a times since it's original release and now are just getting prepped for the remake. But if this was your first run through of the game, I would feel the features would really take away from the experience many of us had and thoroughly enjoyed the first time we played it.

Just tested it on PS4. Train crashed into Corel, got Barret's limit afterwards!

Thanks.

Now I just need someone to test if they can still get the Bahamut ZERO materia on disc 3 from Bone Village, even if they got all 4 huge materia and missed both (preferably) of Bamahut and Neo Bahamut materia. I know you can get it from there if you failed the huge materia quests, but can you get it if you didn't fail any of them, but missed a Bahamut materia. ;)

UPDATE: after testing for Chocochampion trophy you have to win the race,let the other player's cross and then wait until the game it'sself to load DO NOT press the skip button to finsh the race.

Any idea if it matters on the first or second race (if you lose the first race?)

I did already add some info about this trophy in the first post. Some has speculated that you need to watch the other Chocobos finish.

Yeah but it doesn't mention if you can go on the second time around.

I am passed the Dyne\prison arc, is it still possible to race a chocobo? I guess I need to catch one then race it? Is it difficult to win with a starter chocobo?

I already completed the game but I accidentally overwritten my save file.

Edited by wesmonz