Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power Trophy List Discussion

Xel

If and when this comes to PS+ I'd grab it, but if I wasn't currently on Plus at the time I wouldn't bother renewing for it. 

5 bucks or less and I'll grab it, because

I have too many unplayed games as it is.

I don't need to spend so much money on games.

I'm not super interested in it anyway.

I don't need to justify my being a cheap ass to you.

• Like 1

Trine 1 and 2 (especially 2) are among my favorite games - ill get this of course, and I hope the 3d field doesnt make the game worse, trophy wise, of course I'll get the platinum, but i hope they are more of a challenge than the PS3 version of 2 - getting the PS4 Trine 2 play was one of my crowning acheivements, and so much fun!

My biggest concern about the game that it's 3D-ish. Trine's strong point was always the scenery pieces that look like some masterpiece paintings. I think this is where the franchise starts to decline, some games are better off being 2D, we saw that happen in Little Big Planet 3 though I hope I'm wrong, I have an open mind.

• Like 2

The simpler trophy list doesn't surprise me for this game. 

I bought the game on PC when it hit early access as I am a big fan of the Trine series, but sadly this game was a major disappointment.

They admitted to spending far more of their budget on the new 3D engine that they were unable to put as much content into the game as they would have liked. There's no skill trees, the story is very basic and the game is sadly very short. Such a shame to see this great series spoiled. :(

• Like 3

I do not mean to be rude fully, but I have to admit I would rather have a "hardcore" trophy like trine 2 than going to waste days trying to catch all the "triangles"! (im going to send here a picture for a example)

1j9e8p.jpg

It's really boring but otherwisel I'm enjoying the game , the graphics are cool and the game is the easiest of the trilogy (too bad frozenbyte only included LOCAL multiplayer, so no COOP with other people as with previous games)

I do not mean to be rude fully, but I have to admit I would rather have a "hardcore" trophy like trine 2 than going to waste days trying to catch all the "triangles"! (im going to send here a picture for a example)

It's really boring but otherwisel I'm enjoying the game , the graphics are cool and the game is the easiest of the trilogy (too bad frozenbyte only included LOCAL multiplayer, so no COOP with other people as with previous games)

You're not alone, I made a big and nice paragraph on Playstation blog of how disappointed I was when I saw the news.

But my guess will be that they may do the same as Trine 2, a Re-release of the game adding all the hardcore trophies since the story in Trine 3 is actually not complete. (well I hope so)

• 6 years later...

By far the easiest, shortest game in the franchise, and kind of a letdown. No challenging puzzles or combat, and most of the collectibles are a cinch to locate on your own, especially with the excellent chapter select, which breaks levels down into checkpoints. Finished it in under 5 hours, and it just ends in a shockingly abrupt manner. Guessing they got too ambitious and ran out of funds/time.