Follow the damn train, CJ

I wasn't really looking forward to this mission - everyone who played the game will probably relate :)

Then someting strange happened - all enemies died without any of Smoke's (or CJ's) influence. Three were dead from the beginning and the last one also died by being pushed against some kind of beam.

So the mission was essentially over, before the train even passed the first turn behind the station. Not complaining, not at all.. :D

• Like 4

its was SUPER EASY mission just follow the train , i didn't failed at least once .

Actually, back in the PS2 days, I played through the game several times and strangely don't remember failing this mission as well - it seemed pretty fair to me back in the days and not so hard as many seem to find it. I had to read about this popular Smoke-sentence, because I never experienced it (or at least can't remember) :)

Edited by dalailama1989

On my playthrough the 2 guys in the middle were dead when i started and i didnt even entered the tunnel when i ended the mission xD

BTW back in the day i played it on PC and my PC wasnt the best so this mission, the 1 to save the girl from the fire house and the 1 on the airport when you have to get on a plane on a bike were kinda bugged, the train was very hard to keep up with, the fire 1 had an huge slowdown (had to do the fireworker missions) and the last 1 was litteraly impossible and had to go to a friends PC to beat it

Edited by ultimate_life_f

seriously! what so hard about this mission?

yes I know the A.I for friendly characters and NPC's are so stupid in this game, but just be patient keep up with the train and Secret agent Big Smoke will shoot them off.

I believe I heard some people back in the ps2 era were saying something about the mission might glitch on you and smoke will ended up not shooting the enemies??

The mission was never hard on ps2. People probably just did the same thing i did the first few times i tried the mission. If you hug the train too closely all of big smokes bullets wont do a thing and nobody will end up dying. If you just stay to the outside of the tracks and just keep up with the train he actually kills them all pretty fast. After I realized that i never had a problem with the mission again.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually thought this mission was legit hard too back in the day. I did it recently on the PS4 version just driving on the far right side of the rail (instead of like the center which I bet all of the people who have trouble with this do) and it's super easy that way, the guys were all dead before the train could even pass Ganton. It's all about smart positioning.

• Like 1